feature requests

Spawn Comics (Comic Book Forums)

Author Spawn Comics
Posted: September 2, 2017 8:29:25 pm
Does the App have a problem with the Spawn comics ? Each time I try to bring up my listing of spawn comics a red bar pops up on the top saying An Error Occurred Please try again
Has not happened on any other comic that I can see. One comic that I have more issues does not have the same issue.
Posted: September 3, 2017 4:56:03 pm
Are you talking about THE Spawn? Which screen is giving the error, when you click on the title, click on "issues" or click on a specific issue?

I just tried it and it didn't have an error. Basically I need exact steps to try to reproduce.
Favorite Quote: "You're not just some guy in a bat costume are you? ARE YOU FREAKING KIDDING ME?! - Justice League #1, 2011"

Hunting for (mainly reprints/variants) - Please help! - See My Profile
Posted: September 4, 2017 10:39:01 pm
When I click on Spawn to bring up the list of the comics that I have I get the error. Never get to see the ones I have.
Posted: September 4, 2017 10:41:09 pm
Again...please be specific. e.g. click here, search for this, do that, etc.

Are you talking about a Pile named Spawn? Are you talking about the price guide listing for Spawn? There are a few Spawn series so are you talking about the main Spawn series (or something else)?
Favorite Quote: "You're not just some guy in a bat costume are you? ARE YOU FREAKING KIDDING ME?! - Justice League #1, 2011"

Posted: September 6, 2017 12:40:25 pm
Open up the App, click on Master Pile. Scroll down to my Entry for the Spawn comic books (Main Series).
Then when i click on the entry to bring up the list of the comics that I have I get the error
Have tried clicking on the name and also on the "+" as well

Spawn
Image Comics|1992-present

It is one of my larger collections (374) but not my largest (473)

Last edited September 6, 2017 12:42:03 pm
Posted: September 6, 2017 3:29:43 pm
Can you provide a screenshot of the error? It sounds like it is only Spawn and not anything else. Do you know if by chance you possibly have a note on one or more of the comics with a weird character?

Posted: September 7, 2017 12:33:39 pm
Not sure how I would take a screen shot of the error message on my phone.
All the error states is the following : An Error Occurred Please Try again.

I looked on the web site and did not see anything odd characters. Most of the notes just have what box the individual comic is in.
Posted: September 7, 2017 1:12:10 pm
Ok managed to get a screen capture, How would I get it to you ?
Posted: September 7, 2017 1:19:24 pm
You can post the photo to your pics account, anywhere on the web and link to it or you can email it to me (no spaces) at this website.

Posted: September 7, 2017 2:13:38 pm
posted to my account
Posted: September 13, 2017 11:32:39 am
Were you able to see the screen shot ?
Posted: September 13, 2017 11:40:24 am
yes. the developer has it, but if there is a fix it will require an update to the app for everything. I can't remember, but did you try deleting the app (and all of the data) and then reinstalling?

Posted: September 13, 2017 2:25:22 pm
I did uninstall the app and then reinstalled but with the same results. Not sure if I deleted the data or not
I did add a Spawn comic to a new pile and did not get an error. It was just one comic. So there may be something in my main pile that is causing the issue with my spawn comics. I looked through them on the web site and could not see anything jumping out at me.
Posted: September 13, 2017 2:40:54 pm
You could try on the website creating a "Spawn 2" pile and moving your books from the trouble one to the new one. Then delete the old one and see if that works.

I think you can also go in and try to force Android to delete all app data (not sure if that happens when you remove an app).

Posted: September 14, 2017 9:29:13 am
I tried to replicate your problem using the app, and it seems to work fine, granted i only have 26 issues. Throwing darts here... do any of your spawn books have a missing cover image? Maybe that has something to do with it?
Posted: September 14, 2017 12:46:37 pm
Have tried moving the Spawn comics to a brand new pile and got the same error.
It looks like there might be something in my Spawn listing that the app does not like.
When I entered just 1 Spawn comic it would display with no issue. but when I moved the others no luck.
Posted: September 16, 2017 11:08:13 am
Looks like it may be something past Spawn 99
I deleted all the Spawn in my list and then manually entered them into a new pile
I was able to look at the listing after the first 99 were entered, but now am getting the error again.
Posted: September 17, 2017 12:26:45 pm
Have now tried to manually enter in my Spawn comics into 3 separate piles (1-99, 100-199 & 200 -)
The first two are working ok but the third one is not working. I am getting the error and it is showing the comics from the second pile (100 - 199)
Have tried reinstalling the app and syncing the collection
Posted: September 17, 2017 12:48:58 pm
I am not following...you are getting the error on the second (100-199) or the error on that?

Posted: September 17, 2017 1:05:34 pm
Was trying to see if there was a specific comic that was causing the issue.
I created three separate piles for my Spawn comics.
Spawn 1 - 99 (contains any issues from 1 - 99)
Spawn 100 - 199 (Contains issues 100 - 199)
Spawn 200 - (contains issues 200 on up to current)
Manually added the comics into the corresponding piles.
When I go to the mobile App the first two piles show the correct comics. But when I pull up the Spawn 200- Pile it is showing the same comics from the second pile (Spawn 100 -199 Issues 100 - 199)
Posted: September 17, 2017 1:08:40 pm
But all of them are showing comics? And if you merged say 1-199 into one pile is it causing problems? What happens if you move 200+ into the 100+ pile?

Posted: September 17, 2017 2:07:43 pm
Yes all are showing comics
Moved the 100 - 199 pile into the 1 - 99 pile.
Now when I look at the pile on the app it is only showing issues 100 - 199 and can not see issues 1 - 99
However,it is showing the correct number of issues ( have 245 issues from 1 thru 199)
Posted: September 20, 2017 9:39:29 pm
Any update ?
Posted: October 8, 2017 6:05:08 pm
Any update ?
Posted: December 6, 2017 9:26:05 am
Any update ?

World Community Grid Logo
ComicBookRealm.com: 42 years, 357 days, 6 hours of Run Time

Help projects like: Smash Childhood Cancer, OpenZika, Help Stop TB, FightAIDS@Home - Phase 2, Outsmart Ebola Together, Mapping Cancer Markers, FightAIDS@Home

Join World Community Grid today!

CBR App on Android
Newest Covers
  • Marvel Comics's Marvel Previews Issue # 5
  • Image Comics's Royal City Issue # 1blind box-b
  • DC Comics's Supergirl Issue # 16b
  • DC Comics's The Flash Issue # 36
Cool Statues