feature requests

Takes up to a minute for the website to load (Comic Book Forums)

• Takes up to a minute for the website to load

Author Discussion
  • Posted: May 31, 2022 8:31:25 am
  • Been having this problem on occasion for months but it has gotten more frequent over the past few weeks and very frequent over the past 24 hours. I've tried multiple browsers (Safari and Chrome) and restarted my iMac computer. All other sites load with no problem, but CBR takes up to a minute to load. It is taking forever for me to add new books. Based on the "waiting for" messages I see in Chrome, it appears it is getting hung up on the ads.
    Did I err?
  • Posted: May 31, 2022 11:03:22 am
  • That is weird. I have all ads enabled and have no issues (on Safari nor Chrome). They are even set to load AFTER the content. I also haven't heard from anyone else about this.

Can you share any other information you have (like version of chrome, etc). Also, have you tried incognito mode?
    Favorite Quote: "You're not just some guy in a bat costume are you? ARE YOU FREAKING KIDDING ME?! - Justice League #1, 2011"

Hunting for (mainly reprints/variants) - Please help! - See My Profile
  • Posted: May 31, 2022 7:03:35 pm
  • have you cleared your history? have you deleted all your temp files? both take up a ton of room and deleting both will help your computer run faster... the site runs fine for me.
    "How to destroy a man... Grant him his heart's desire." --Victor Von Doom
    - - - - - - - - - -
    Latest Additions
    Secret Wars #1 CGC 9.8 Dr. Doom Custom Label... Cameo Emperor Doom!!
    Secret Wars #2 CGC 9.8 Dr. Doom Custom Label... 1st full app of Emperor Doom!!!
  • Posted: May 31, 2022 8:41:34 pm
  • I have had a few more complaints. I wonder if it is a rogue ad or something that is only affecting certain combination of users. Have you tried installing an ad blocking extension to see if that helps? If it does use that for a while and then try disabling it (we need the ad revenue).
    Favorite Quote: "You're not just some guy in a bat costume are you? ARE YOU FREAKING KIDDING ME?! - Justice League #1, 2011"

• Posted: May 31, 2022 11:15:20 pm
  • I did everything you both suggested (cleared history, deleted temp files, and installed an ad blocking extension) and it seems to be working fine now. But it comes and goes so I'm not hanging a "Mission Accomplished" banner yet. The last thing I did (when it finally started working again) was when I cleared my cache, so I tend to think that was the issue. Thanks for your help.
    Did I err?
  • Posted: May 31, 2022 11:41:21 pm
  • Well I'm not out of the woods. It's still freezing up. Not every time, but often enough. It doesn't freeze longer than a minute, but that feels like a long time while I am staring at my screen.
    Did I err?
  • Posted: June 1, 2022 8:58:22 pm
  • clearing temp files is very different then clearing a cache, i hope you know that... to clear temp files (which is always the culprit if my comp starts slowing down) you have to open your file explorer and click on My Computer or whatever yours is called that shows all the files on your comp...then search for .temp (the period matters), it will take a bit to find but there are 2 files called exactly Temp that you will need to delete the contents of...1 pops up pretty quick, the other takes a lil time to pop up...

i am also assuming that its not a rogue ad like dough boy said...i guess just checking off the checklist lol...

another thing that slows down my comp is if it needs a Windows Update, which it seems it needs an update nowadays every 20 days or so lol...so a complete shutdown (leave off and unplugged for 30 secs or so) could help...

Last edited June 1, 2022 9:03:16 pm
    "How to destroy a man... Grant him his heart's desire." --Victor Von Doom
    - - - - - - - - - -
    Latest Additions
    Secret Wars #1 CGC 9.8 Dr. Doom Custom Label... Cameo Emperor Doom!!
    Secret Wars #2 CGC 9.8 Dr. Doom Custom Label... 1st full app of Emperor Doom!!!
  • Posted: June 1, 2022 9:22:23 pm
  • Can you confirm you are on your computer or phone?

• Posted: June 1, 2022 10:59:18 pm
  • I am using an iMac desktop computer. The process for clearing cache and deleting temporary files is different on an iMac, but I have done both. Also, I am having no trouble with any other website, only CBR.

I am not having the same lag problem using my phone, but if course I prefer using my desktop.
    Did I err?
9 posts • Page 1 of 1
World Community Grid Logo
ComicBookRealm.com: 72 years, 252 days, 5 hours of Run Time
Help projects like: Smash Childhood Cancer, OpenZika, Help Stop TB, FightAIDS@Home - Phase 2, Outsmart Ebola Together, Mapping Cancer Markers, FightAIDS@Home
Join World Community Grid today!
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
  • Newest
  • Keenspot Entertainment's Biden's Titans vs Trump's Titans Issue # 1d
  • Marvel Comics's Giant-Size: The Incredible Hulk Issue # 1c
  • Al Barrett's The Justiciary Issue # 12
  • First Second Books's What Happens Next? TPB # 3