feature requests

Top Climbers for the Month / Week (Comic Book Forums)

• Top Climbers for the Month / Week

Author Discussion
  • Posted: September 8, 2015 5:11:51 am
  • Hi Guys,

I was just wondering if you could add a report showing top climbers and droppers for the month / week . . . whichever is more practical . . . "month" would probably make more sense . . . maybe the top 100 or something?

I know that there is a button that indictates this in our individual collections, but think it would be a great tool overall.

This could be great for guys looking to buy to invest but also those of us looking to give a new series a try. Generally speaking, the value of a bad series won't normally go up . . .

If there already IS something like this, please let me know where in our "Realm" I'd be able to find it Smile

Thanks!
  • Posted: September 9, 2015 1:32:44 am
  • Thanks Canuck. Will do Smile
  • Posted: September 10, 2015 2:19:59 am
  • Canuck said:
    If you haven't done so already, go here - http://comicbookrealm.uservoice.com/forums/94453-general

I've had a look at this and was wondering how it works? I see that members can vote on suggestions, but how does this impact the possibility of implementation because it doesn't seem that popularity is the only criteria for the development of a suggestion?

Members seem to receive 10 votes (per day?) which can be allocated to whatever suggestion they agree with. However, if I choose to use all ten of my votes every day on a suggestion I make, will this automatically mean that based on my suggestion having "many votes", it will have a better chance of implementation?
  • Posted: September 11, 2015 8:53:47 am
  • You are asking about the "On the Move" report? It shows comics moving up/down over the last 30 days.

But as far as suggestions go you get X votes and you can cast 1 or up to 3 towards a feature you would like. Theoretically the higher the vote count the more likely it is we will look at adding it.
    Favorite Quote: "You're not just some guy in a bat costume are you? ARE YOU FREAKING KIDDING ME?! - Justice League #1, 2011"

Hunting for (mainly reprints/variants) - Please help! - See My Profile
  • Posted: September 14, 2015 3:35:44 am
  • Hi Dough Boy, I was actually referring to something a bit more "general" than the "on-the-move" report. The current report only lists changes in prices of comics that we own (which is an awesome tool) . . .

The list that I suggeted shows the overall movers in terms of price over a month irrespective of whether one has them or not. I think a lot of work goes into changing prices on a monthly basis (from your [admin] side and from those who submit these changes) and a lot of the hard work that goes into that is rarely seen.

I'm sure it will grow into one of your most popular tools on the site, impo.
  • Posted: September 14, 2015 7:25:53 am
  • Actually if you click on the "show all" at the top of the report it will give you all comics across the database and not just what you own.

http://comicbookrealm.com/report/on-the-move&global=true
    Favorite Quote: "You're not just some guy in a bat costume are you? ARE YOU FREAKING KIDDING ME?! - Justice League #1, 2011"

• Posted: September 14, 2015 9:05:55 am
  • Posted: September 14, 2015 9:08:58 am
  • Rea-e-e-e-e-e-llyyyyyy !!!

Sorry, don't know how to upload an Ace Ventura gif for this one.

Thanks, I need to take note of that little "show all" button in future now don't I Embarassed

Thank you for your patience in dealing with us slow ones as well ;) . . . we'll get there eventually. LOL
  • Posted: September 14, 2015 9:12:19 am
  • I can also agree that it is a little difficult to understand. I mean the description on the menu says "your collection". Then there is a "hidden" show all link, but is not really clearly articulated. So I can maybe create a new menu link and clear up the inside as well.

• Posted: September 14, 2015 9:13:20 am
  • Also basically find the URL for the GIF online, paste it in the box, highlight it, and then click the image button.

11 posts • Page 1 of 2
World Community Grid Logo
ComicBookRealm.com: 72 years, 252 days, 5 hours of Run Time
Help projects like: Smash Childhood Cancer, OpenZika, Help Stop TB, FightAIDS@Home - Phase 2, Outsmart Ebola Together, Mapping Cancer Markers, FightAIDS@Home
Join World Community Grid today!
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
  • Newest
  • Dark Horse Comics's Assassin's Apprentice II Issue # 5
  • Marvel Comics's Avengers: Twilight Issue # 5b
  • Schanes & Schanes's Curse of the Ring Issue n
  • Marvel Comics's What If? Venom Issue # 3