feature requests

App Roadmap (Comic Book Forums)

• App Roadmap

Author Discussion
  • Posted: February 14, 2013 3:42:17 pm
  • App Location: http://app.comicbookrealm.com

The Web App is no longer supported. Please use one of the native apps instead.
    The Web App will be decommissioned at some point.

Here is where I will list out features/bugs and what version they can be expected to be added/fixed:

PLEASE DO NOT REPLY TO THIS THREAD WITH PROBLEMS...CREATE A NEW TICKET

v1.1

Dynamic loading of series issues (as opposed to all at once)
    Pull List Functionality

v2.0

Ability to scan comics to your collection

Last edited June 18, 2017 8:52:42 pm
    Favorite Quote: "You're not just some guy in a bat costume are you? ARE YOU FREAKING KIDDING ME?! - Justice League #1, 2011"

Hunting for (mainly reprints/variants) - Please help! - See My Profile
  • Posted: February 16, 2013 11:01:36 pm
  • Is this for a mobile app? If so is it still in development?
  • Posted: February 18, 2013 8:48:30 am
  • Please do not reply to this topic with problems, please create a new topic.
    Favorite Quote: "You're not just some guy in a bat costume are you? ARE YOU FREAKING KIDDING ME?! - Justice League #1, 2011"

• Posted: July 1, 2013 7:57:15 am
  • would love to see an actual app created rather than a website loaded... would definately donate towards the creation of an app... you should start a kickstarter campaign or something to get an app created for android and ios
  • Posted: July 1, 2013 8:03:14 am
  • It might be possible...but my question is why? Either way the app would require internet access...having it as an HTML5 app allows much easier updates and works on more devices...

• Posted: July 1, 2013 8:26:07 am
  • most people have either android or ios devices, and googles app development allows for various screen sizes, also often html websites can be buggy and missload, where as an app is somewhat set in its ways. the app will require internet but it will use less data as all icons/buttons/tabs etc would be stored on the phone... i just like the idea of a physical app compared to the html
  • Posted: July 1, 2013 8:44:25 am
  • noah93 said:
    most people have either android or ios devices, and googles app development allows for various screen sizes, also often html websites can be buggy and missload, where as an app is somewhat set in its ways. the app will require internet but it will use less data as all icons/buttons/tabs etc would be stored on the phone... i just like the idea of a physical app compared to the html

Love that you actually called it a physical app ;)

I have to agree with Doughboy though. I can't see the reason for an app when you can make a mobile website that will cater to all platforms with no problem. I understand what you are trying to say but I think making a site all (smart)phone users can access is much better.
    Not collecting any more but I still enjoy comics now and then...
  • Posted: November 19, 2013 7:37:19 pm
  • dough boy said:
    It might be possible...but my question is why? Either way the app would require internet access...having it as an HTML5 app allows much easier updates and works on more devices...

As someone who works with technology and has had to deal with the development of both native apps and mobile web sites, given the support necessary for native apps, I'd prefer a mobile web site. Given that CBR is mainly a cataloging site, I'm not sure the effort involved for the developer is worth the benefit. Especially given the hoops that you have to jump through to develop for Apple devices.

dough boy, thanks so much for your work on this!
8 posts • Page 1 of 1
World Community Grid Logo
ComicBookRealm.com: 72 years, 243 days, 20 hours of Run Time
Help projects like: Smash Childhood Cancer, OpenZika, Help Stop TB, FightAIDS@Home - Phase 2, Outsmart Ebola Together, Mapping Cancer Markers, FightAIDS@Home
Join World Community Grid today!
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
  • Newest
  • Image Comics's 7174AD Issue # 1b
  • DC Comics's Catwoman Issue # 64f
  • Schanes & Schanes's Curse of the Ring Issue n
  • Schanes & Schanes's Robin Hood Issue nn