feature requests

Silver Surfer #1 (1968) (Comic Book Forums)

• Silver Surfer #1 (1968)

Author Discussion
  • Posted: May 23, 2023 7:02:07 pm
  • 1. we dont base our values by any other prices guides values, because we have NO idea where they get their data. We use Hard data, actual sales data.

2. Our RAW values are based on 9.4, every other grades is done by percentage, so to change just a graded 5.0, we cannot, but we could change the 9.4 but we would need hard data on 9.4/Near Mint sales data to compare to...This i can edit if need be, which by changing the 9.4 everything else would change with it.

Now our GRADED values are pulled from actual sales and is an AVERAGE of all sales... not just the 5-6 you pick from the list of high sales...Graded values are all done by algorithm and cannot be manually changed.

I am very confused though... i'm seeing a value of $775 for a 5.0... that seems pretty spot on average...

https://comicbookrealm.com/cgc-analyzer/comic/id/239/marvel-comics-silver-surfer-1

Last edited May 23, 2023 7:16:01 pm
    "How to destroy a man... Grant him his heart's desire." --Victor Von Doom
    - - - - - - - - - -
    Latest Additions
    Secret Wars #1 CGC 9.8 Dr. Doom Custom Label... Cameo Emperor Doom!!
    Secret Wars #2 CGC 9.8 Dr. Doom Custom Label... 1st full app of Emperor Doom!!!
  • Posted: May 24, 2023 12:44:59 pm
  • Thanks, I agree the CGC analyzer (on CBR) looks okay for a graded 5.0 at $775.

And it is helpful to know that CBR raw values are based only on 9.4 and only on percentages of 9.4 for lower raw grades.

But I added Silver Surfer #1 to my collection and checked off 'Cert' (which I think means a graded book?) and in my collection it says the value is $285.

Last edited May 24, 2023 12:46:41 pm
  • Posted: May 24, 2023 8:35:09 pm
  • Yeah, they havent been linked yet, the analyzer is still relatively new and a few more things need to happen before we get to that point yet... i promise you though it is on the list of Need To Do's... Eventually it will, til then you can write the info in your notes section, like I do... here's how i do mine...

I actually made a Pile for each grade i own, i know those showing values are incorrect from our site, but at least i still know roughly what the average values are...

Last edited May 24, 2023 8:43:38 pm
    - - - - - - - - - -
    Latest Additions
  • Posted: May 25, 2023 1:53:38 pm
  • Cool, thanks for the suggestions about how to track the info in the notes section! I might do that, although I probably won't create separate piles for graded books since that would make it harder to see what I need to complete a set (without running a report).

Very happy to know that linking the analyzer for books with 'Cert' checked off will happen at some point. CBR is a great site, super helpful to be able to keep track of my growing collection. Thanks again!
  • Posted: May 26, 2023 10:27:14 pm
  • Not a Problem...

Another great thing about the site, in case you weren't aware, is that you can almost fully edit any book... adding things like the cover scans (if missing), characters that are in the book, the contributors, etc... click the button next to the issue (looks like a calendar) to edit a number of things...

Last edited May 26, 2023 10:28:20 pm
    - - - - - - - - - -
    Latest Additions
  • Posted: May 27, 2023 12:50:45 am
  • That's pretty cool, and I wasn't aware...thanks again for the great tips! Very Happy
7 posts • Page 1 of 1
World Community Grid Logo
ComicBookRealm.com: 72 years, 252 days, 5 hours of Run Time
Help projects like: Smash Childhood Cancer, OpenZika, Help Stop TB, FightAIDS@Home - Phase 2, Outsmart Ebola Together, Mapping Cancer Markers, FightAIDS@Home
Join World Community Grid today!
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
  • Newest
  • Al Barrett's Atomman Special # 9
  • Valiant Entertainment's Bloodshot Unleashed - Reloaded Issue # 2
  • DC Black Label's John Constantine: Hellblazer - Dead In America Issue # 4
  • Kodansha Comics's Yuri is My Job Soft Cover # 12