feature requests

Spider Gwen: Ghost Spider #10C (Comic Book Forums)

• Spider-Gwen: Ghost Spider #10C

Author Discussion
  • Posted: July 5, 2020 5:52:16 pm
  • Thank you and sorry I meant 10B.
  • Posted: July 5, 2020 5:57:59 pm
  • No you were right...but I changed it as I couldn't find a 10b...so must've been mislabeled...

Last edited July 5, 2020 7:09:36 pm
    "How to destroy a man... Grant him his heart's desire." --Victor Von Doom
    - - - - - - - - - -
    Latest Additions
    Secret Wars #1 CGC 9.8 Dr. Doom Custom Label... Cameo Emperor Doom!!
    Secret Wars #2 CGC 9.8 Dr. Doom Custom Label... 1st full app of Emperor Doom!!!
  • Posted: July 5, 2020 8:33:48 pm
  • AmZoMBiE said:
    No you were right...but I changed it as I couldn't find a 10b...so must've been mislabeled...

Going with how we label variants, if they have an UPC, this should be 10c, 7-59606-09121-8-01031. I know that some members have asked about this before with other issues, and Canuck usually answers them saying that we number them by the UPC, and that b might have been a "planned" variant by Marvel, but never came out. I am going to change this back to 10c, as per it's UPC.
  • Posted: July 5, 2020 8:54:32 pm
  • Which would be correct if we didn't pull out all the exclusive variants...as I've said many times...if there's a 10b but it's a midtown variant...it's no longer labeled 10b but rather 10midtown...so they all move...the upc makes only makes sense if we didn't do that...it looks weird having a 10 then a 10c...so move it back to 10, 10b, 10midtown...all 3 are cover and in an order that makes sense

also if we used that same logic in our volume labeling then they would be all over the place too...the companies do too many crazy things to follow everything they incorrectly label themselves...the way we do it keeps everything in a easy to use order.

fyi actually there is no 01021 variant...ive looked in a bunch of places that would definately know...it does not exist so a 10 to 10c does not make sense.

the other thing that doesnt make sense to me is how we label a barcode number (3 in this case) with the sequential letter (c here), when in reality all that matters is the order, because that is all the Number on the book is showing...the order, not the lettering. those people canuck and I have dealt with are comparing websites, which is where the lettering came into play...1f is not necessarily going to be the same 1f on a different site....why? because again we pull out certain books and label them separately.

Last edited July 5, 2020 9:18:16 pm
    "How to destroy a man... Grant him his heart's desire." --Victor Von Doom
    - - - - - - - - - -
    Latest Additions
    Secret Wars #1 CGC 9.8 Dr. Doom Custom Label... Cameo Emperor Doom!!
    Secret Wars #2 CGC 9.8 Dr. Doom Custom Label... 1st full app of Emperor Doom!!!
  • Posted: July 5, 2020 11:57:55 pm
  • I understand what you are saying, and I agree with what you are saying when there are gazillion variants for an issue. But with Spider-Gwen: Ghost Spider, there are only 2 issues, and the UPCs are 7-59606-09121-8-01011 and 7-59606-09121-8-01031. I looked into this as well, and know that there is no 7-59606-09121-8-01021. And I was fine with what it was initially put as, 10c.

I'm ok with you changing it back, but there are a couple of other Marvel series like this, that members asked about, that Canuck did not change, stating that we go by the UPC code.

• Posted: July 6, 2020 10:10:38 am
  • With the covid crisis I bet the 10b cover was canceled. Not picking a side but I would label it as 10c to coincide with the the UPC because it's not a store variant and then make a note in the description box that says no 10b was produced with UPC... or you could leave it as 10b and put a comment that this is actually the 10c cover as cover B with UPC # was not published.
    Mind you this will work as long as a store variant doesn't pop up with the B cover UPC.
    Just my 2 cents.

Last edited July 6, 2020 12:17:35 pm
    "Disliking everything is not the same thing as having an opinion"

• Posted: July 7, 2020 3:34:51 pm
  • Trying to stay consistent in an inconsistent universe is near impossible.
9 posts • Page 1 of 1
World Community Grid Logo
ComicBookRealm.com: 72 years, 255 days, 20 hours of Run Time
Help projects like: Smash Childhood Cancer, OpenZika, Help Stop TB, FightAIDS@Home - Phase 2, Outsmart Ebola Together, Mapping Cancer Markers, FightAIDS@Home
Join World Community Grid today!
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
  • Newest
  • Dark Horse Comics's Helen of Wyndhorn Issue # 2c
  • Ablaze Media's The Prism Issue # 7d
  • Ultimate Marvel's Ultimate Spider-Man Issue # 68b
  • Absolute Comics Group's White Widow Issue # 4tyndall-e