feature requests

Major Differences in Values (Comic Book Forums)

• Major Differences in Values

Author Discussion
  • Posted: September 11, 2019 9:16:54 pm
  • Just wondering but is there a way to create a hot link to EBay in place of the estimated value on these types of variants or similar books? So instead of a value listed here at CBR of let’s say $100 there’s a link labeled FMV (Fair Market Value) or CMV (Current Market Value) or ESL (EBay Sold Listings) or whatever.
  • Posted: September 11, 2019 9:31:21 pm
  • There is already a hot link by default...just click on the ebay logo in the item row.

Now if you are asking for value, we couldn't automatically pull it back and would need to manually update it. Even then we would need to manually override any price we have to not have a price, so why not just update the price.

The issue is that it says it is a variant and most of the time it doesn't get into "exclusivity". So we would have to spend time researching every variant that comes out every week. We also add comics up to a week in advance so often times there are no sales for some of these.

Unfortunately the only way right now we can do anything is if people help us out and request pricing updates.
    Favorite Quote: "You're not just some guy in a bat costume are you? ARE YOU FREAKING KIDDING ME?! - Justice League #1, 2011"

Hunting for (mainly reprints/variants) - Please help! - See My Profile
  • Posted: September 11, 2019 9:40:55 pm
  • Guess who can’t recall ever clicking on that EBay logo before… d'oh!
  • Posted: September 11, 2019 9:45:13 pm
  • All good. Maybe I can make it a rule that if the comic is listed for more than $100 the week before it comes out we just set it to $0. Maybe I can then build out a report that we can use to find comics with $0 value and their aging so we can update...
    Favorite Quote: "You're not just some guy in a bat costume are you? ARE YOU FREAKING KIDDING ME?! - Justice League #1, 2011"

Hunting for (mainly reprints/variants) - Please help! - See My Profile
  • Posted: September 11, 2019 10:04:35 pm
  • Instead of $0 which could be confused as having no value at all, maybe TBD for To Be Determined or something similar.
  • Posted: September 12, 2019 6:02:23 pm
  • Has to be a numerical value. At the same time if you buy a book for $60 and it says $0 here, do you really think its worth nothing? I dont think its that confusing...but you definitely could be right i guess, not everyone has common sense. Even free books are worth at min $1...but i/we have been doing this a long time, maybe a new fresh collector may get confused...

still everything dough boy is saying is true...most of the time we go by what we see. There are sooooo many books to add every week, and forum reqs, we cannot spend days researching initial pricing or nothing would ever get done...

I think those that use this site as a "Bible" for pricing are just being lazy (my opinion solely). Reason being, it takes 10-15 mins to jump on ebay and price check the books themselves if the price seems out of whack here. Obviously that is for sellers, for collectors if they arent Shopping for pricing, then they are not being intelligent about their purchase in the first place. This is a GUIDE, not pricing written in stone...it is written all over the place on this site that "A book is only worth what someone is willing to pay for it"...

Most members know/realize that we really do our best to keep things updated and correct. Obviously that is very hard to do when there almost 500k separate comics listed on the site. Which is why we ask the members with the extra hand if they see something incorrect...

Last edited September 12, 2019 6:15:39 pm
    "How to destroy a man... Grant him his heart's desire." --Victor Von Doom
    - - - - - - - - - -
    Latest Additions
    Secret Wars #1 CGC 9.8 Dr. Doom Custom Label... Cameo Emperor Doom!!
    Secret Wars #2 CGC 9.8 Dr. Doom Custom Label... 1st full app of Emperor Doom!!!
  • Posted: September 12, 2019 7:29:58 pm
  • dough boy said:
    All good. Maybe I can make it a rule that if the comic is listed for more than $100 the week before it comes out we just set it to $0. Maybe I can then build out a report that we can use to find comics with $0 value and their aging so we can update...
    That sounds like an excellent idea. I know a few of my Grimm Fairy Tales have $0 for value
17 posts • Page 1 of 2
World Community Grid Logo
ComicBookRealm.com: 72 years, 255 days, 20 hours of Run Time
Help projects like: Smash Childhood Cancer, OpenZika, Help Stop TB, FightAIDS@Home - Phase 2, Outsmart Ebola Together, Mapping Cancer Markers, FightAIDS@Home
Join World Community Grid today!
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
  • Newest
  • D.C. Thomson & Co.'s Commando: For Action and Adventure Issue # 5740
  • Viz Media's Disney Mirrorverse: Belle Soft Cover # 1
  • Dark Horse Comics's Star Wars: The High Republic Adventures - Saber for Hire Issue # 1
  • Al Barrett's The Justiciary Issue # 5