feature requests

Major Differences in Values (Comic Book Forums)

• Major Differences in Values

Author Discussion
  • Posted: September 8, 2019 9:48:34 am
  • Been using this site for years to get a feel for the value of my books, but now find myself curious as to how accurate the values are, anyone know? Here 1 comic will be valued at $175 and every other place I check for the same comic will be nowhere near $175..help
  • Posted: September 8, 2019 10:53:22 am
  • https://comicbookrealm.uservoice.com/knowledgebase/articles/78931-how-do-you-determine-pricing

Ultimately you have to tell us what specific comic you are looking at. It could be that our estimate is accurate, others are not. Or it could be that at one time it was $175, but the price dropped and no one has asked us to revisit it.
    Favorite Quote: "You're not just some guy in a bat costume are you? ARE YOU FREAKING KIDDING ME?! - Justice League #1, 2011"

Hunting for (mainly reprints/variants) - Please help! - See My Profile
  • Posted: September 8, 2019 6:57:08 pm
  • Specifically I'm referring to Absolute Carnage #1 cover t, the premier variant

Last edited September 8, 2019 6:57:32 pm
  • Posted: September 8, 2019 7:05:25 pm
  • There are only two of these per store. This means likely 3k total copies. Stores can choose to sell them for what they want. One store that we get our initial pricing data from had it listed for $250, selling around $210, and we listed (the week before it came out) for $175. Since you are the first one to question it I have researched it and adjusted the value.
    Favorite Quote: "You're not just some guy in a bat costume are you? ARE YOU FREAKING KIDDING ME?! - Justice League #1, 2011"

• Posted: September 8, 2019 9:19:57 pm
  • The prices on this site are some of the best in the business...Except for the one per store variants. I've brought up numerous books that are overpriced and were adjusted. I think the initial pricing is set way too high. I'm actually not sure any of them sell for the prices here.
  • Posted: September 9, 2019 6:11:06 pm
  • Mods also do not own every book in our database, or even necessarily read the same books as some members...if a price, missing book, corrections need to happen there are forum sections for all of them (separately lol). Patience is key to the request forums though as sometimes things are not done right away.
    "How to destroy a man... Grant him his heart's desire." --Victor Von Doom
    - - - - - - - - - -
    Latest Additions
    Secret Wars #1 CGC 9.8 Dr. Doom Custom Label... Cameo Emperor Doom!!
    Secret Wars #2 CGC 9.8 Dr. Doom Custom Label... 1st full app of Emperor Doom!!!
  • Posted: September 10, 2019 9:40:22 pm
  • I don't think anybody expects the mods to be all knowing. But for the one per store variants the prices have always been, well, insane. Here's and example: I started in the Marvel A's and found the first one per store variant in Absolute Carnage #1u Party Sketch Variant. Prices on ebay are BINs around $30. Sold listings are even lower. The price here is $175. Differences that big are hard to reconcile.
    I suppose you can wait until somebody like me points each one out but I think the initial price model is incorrect with regards to one per store variants.
  • Posted: September 10, 2019 9:48:27 pm
  • Right, but that is the price a store IS selling them for (or at least asking). When we add comics we just add them and don't stop and think is it accurate or not...

• Posted: September 10, 2019 11:15:25 pm
  • Perhaps you can delay pricing on them? I know there are many issues on this site marked as zero dollars until the market dictates the price. Or use more stores?
    House of X #1v is listed at $200 here. I can pick one up for for less than $18 on ebay. But because of the price here somebody is trying to sell one here for $150. He is going to be very disappointed.
  • Posted: September 11, 2019 5:14:33 am
  • That is what I am trying to say...I have a semi automated tool for creating new releases...I don't pay attention to each variant to stop and research what the ratio is at.

17 posts • Page 1 of 2
World Community Grid Logo
ComicBookRealm.com: 72 years, 186 days, 23 hours of Run Time
Help projects like: Smash Childhood Cancer, OpenZika, Help Stop TB, FightAIDS@Home - Phase 2, Outsmart Ebola Together, Mapping Cancer Markers, FightAIDS@Home
Join World Community Grid today!
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
  • Newest
  • Sofawolf Press's Anthrolations Issue # 4
  • No Sleep's Babylon Working Issue # 2
  • Coldfact Comic Group's Coldfact Comics Issue # 19
  • Marvel Comics's Ka-Zar Issue # 2