feature requests

Do you know 'Hour Blue' a graphic novel by Rony Abovitz? (Comic Book Forums)

• Do you know 'Hour Blue' a graphic novel by Rony Abovitz?

Author Discussion
  • Posted: August 12, 2018 3:20:54 pm
  • I acquired this piece and can't find much about it, let alone what it may be worth. Surely someone knows something?? The issue date is Aug 2, 2010 (I think), is marked Vol 000, by Rony Abovitz, illustrated by Adam Anderson, with special thanks to Richard Taylor and Weta workshop, and is 68 pages. It contains original artwork.

A little history (if it might help)...

Working full-time at Mako and married with a young daughter, Rony Abovitz found an outlet for his creative side in a project he called Hour Blue - his own fictional fantasy world, an alien planet full of fantastic creatures like talking robots and flying whales. In 2010 he started a new company, Magic Leap Studios, to develop the project as a graphic novel series and a feature film franchise. Magic Leap Studios was working with Weta Workshop on the graphic novel and a series of feature films. They would be based on a new intellectual property called "Hour Blue," which seems to be set in a dystopian world nearing the Singularity. Prominent comic book duo Dan Abnett and Andy Lanning had signed on to help flesh out the idea.

In 2011 Magic Leap Studios changed focus and became Magic Leap Inc., with Abovitz hiring a small team to help him develop an idea of mixed reality. Before long the company had working prototypes, leaving behind the graphic novel series and feature films ideas.

I'm thinking Vol 000 is the only issue and I'm wondering if it was a giveaway or an attendance gift for a workshop...

I posted pics of the front and back covers in my gallery. "Faststone" is my photo-editing program's watermark. Please ignore.

Last edited August 12, 2018 3:44:15 pm
2 posts • Page 1 of 1
World Community Grid Logo
ComicBookRealm.com: 72 years, 252 days, 5 hours of Run Time
Help projects like: Smash Childhood Cancer, OpenZika, Help Stop TB, FightAIDS@Home - Phase 2, Outsmart Ebola Together, Mapping Cancer Markers, FightAIDS@Home
Join World Community Grid today!
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
  • Newest
  • Dark Horse Comics's Dudley Datson and the Forever Machine Issue # 1b
  • First Second Books's Replay: Memoir of an Uprooted Family  Soft Cover # 1
  • Marvel Comics's The Amazing Spider-Man Issue # 255facsimile-b
  • National Board of Fire Underwriters's What Do You Know About Fire?: A Child's Guide to Fire Safety Issue nn