feature requests

Spectacular Spider Man vol. 1 issue 90 (Comic Book Forums)

• Spectacular Spider-Man vol. 1 issue 90

Author Discussion
  • Posted: October 18, 2017 5:19:34 pm
  • Why wasn't something provided to show proof that the newsstand version was worth "as much, if not more" than the regular version?

Just because the newsstand version supposedly had a smaller print run, doesn't mean it's in as much demand. Truth is, the majority of collectors either a) prefer the direct version over newsstand or b) don't care either way.

With the exception of Chuck at MileHigh (that's the prices, not necessarily the location), most sites don't differentiate. Pretty certain Midtown, for example, doesn't differentiate. (I just checked ... they don't, and while that issue is out of stock, it was also only $4.50..)

• Posted: October 27, 2017 11:11:12 am
  • There has been a spike in collectors who like the newsstand versions better. I prefer them, but I'm not buying anything currently, so I'm not contributing to the spike. I think evidence is out there that it should be priced more, but I agree that evidence should be used rather than just using a gut feeling.
4 posts • Page 1 of 1
World Community Grid Logo
ComicBookRealm.com: 72 years, 255 days, 20 hours of Run Time
Help projects like: Smash Childhood Cancer, OpenZika, Help Stop TB, FightAIDS@Home - Phase 2, Outsmart Ebola Together, Mapping Cancer Markers, FightAIDS@Home
Join World Community Grid today!
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
  • Newest
  • Keenspot Entertainment's Biden's Titans vs Trump's Titans Issue # 1h
  • Marvel Comics's Spider-Boy Issue # 6c
  • Al Barrett's The Mightiest Issue # 3
  • Marvel Comics's Wolverine: First Class Issue # 3b