feature requests

EC Tales From the Crypt 33 (Comic Book Forums)

• EC Tales From the Crypt 33

Author Discussion
  • Posted: August 24, 2017 12:54:31 pm
  • This shows at $1020 for 8.0 VF.
    I posted this on eBay auction and someone pointed out that was way off Overstreet.
    I checked comicpriceguide.com and it lists the issue VF at $300 and NM at $600?
    The joy is in the journey, not just the destination.
  • Posted: August 24, 2017 6:53:30 pm
  • Current Overstreet has this at $568 in VF 8.0 condition.
  • Posted: August 24, 2017 7:22:59 pm
  • Heres the one issue, Overstreet has 9.2 listed at $1200...we have 9.4 listed at $1200...i can change the value of the 9.4. The 8.0 is a % of the 9.4. It is umfathomable to try and keep track of each grade individually. So the solution (as is with almost all guides...) is use a % value of the "Mint" value. So i can definately change the value but only on the 9.4. I dont have the ability to change it by grade. You will need to research the books by grade in the future, i know we are off on some. We've had this discussion before in the admin forum and we couldnt really come up with better % points, if i remember correctly (long time ago). Every series seemed to have a different % (and crazy sales ranges).

"How to destroy a man... Grant him his heart's desire." --Victor Von Doom
    - - - - - - - - - -
    Latest Additions
    Secret Wars #1 CGC 9.8 Dr. Doom Custom Label... Cameo Emperor Doom!!
    Secret Wars #2 CGC 9.8 Dr. Doom Custom Label... 1st full app of Emperor Doom!!!
  • Posted: August 27, 2017 3:29:54 pm
  • Thanks AmZ!

Apparently the comic book price guide site is way off from actual Overstreet. I have informed the person who pointed this out to me.
    The joy is in the journey, not just the destination.
  • Posted: August 27, 2017 4:42:13 pm
  • When it comes to the grading scale i believe so...the nm pricing should be on though....
    "How to destroy a man... Grant him his heart's desire." --Victor Von Doom
    - - - - - - - - - -
    Latest Additions
    Secret Wars #1 CGC 9.8 Dr. Doom Custom Label... Cameo Emperor Doom!!
    Secret Wars #2 CGC 9.8 Dr. Doom Custom Label... 1st full app of Emperor Doom!!!
  • Posted: August 28, 2017 4:11:47 pm
  • I think they need to have a different grading curve for comics of different eras and different popularity. The % is fine, but it can't be a linear scale. It needs to be set so you can tweak both the NM price and adjust the grading curve to be more aligned with actual market prices.
6 posts • Page 1 of 1
World Community Grid Logo
ComicBookRealm.com: 72 years, 190 days, 18 hours of Run Time
Help projects like: Smash Childhood Cancer, OpenZika, Help Stop TB, FightAIDS@Home - Phase 2, Outsmart Ebola Together, Mapping Cancer Markers, FightAIDS@Home
Join World Community Grid today!
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
  • Newest
  • Marvel Comics's Edge of Spider-Verse Issue # 1k
  • Image Comics's Monstress Issue # 50b
  • Papercutz's The Casagrandes TPB # 6
  • DC Comics's The Penguin Issue # 8