feature requests

Wolverine Vol. 1 1982 (Comic Book Forums)

• Wolverine Vol. 1 1982

Author Discussion
  • Posted: June 4, 2017 3:50:15 pm
  • The 75 cent price variants are set less than the 60 cent regular. I'm not sure what the difference in print run is or if the 75 cent variants are more rare. Sometimes they are, sometimes they aren't. Just wondering if anyone knows what the case is for these? I have issue #2 75 cent variant and was surprised to find that it was less in the guide than the 60 cent regular.
  • Posted: June 4, 2017 6:36:03 pm
  • The reason is simple, there are sooo few of them they don't sell very often. So we don't get the whole picture. Wolverine 2 75 cent variant was sold in the US. If you only have a few dozen, it's very hard to put values on it. If people want to sell me there 75 cent variants at a cheaper cost then let's have them. I always put my money where my mouth is.. I'll buy your rare 75 cent variants for cheaper, you want to sell? Lol. I wouldn't either. Lack of data is the problem due to their rarity
  • Posted: June 5, 2017 10:43:16 am
  • Makes sense. I bought my #2 75 cent variant for $30 last year. It's in great shape, probably a 9.2. I was just curious as to the print runs of the 60 cent and 75 cent to see just "how rare" it really is. I looked at how many CBR members actually own a copy and I'm very surprised to find the variant covers only have about 30 or so people on here that own a copy opposed to over a thousand people who have a 60 cent copy.

Last edited June 5, 2017 10:44:15 am
  • Posted: June 26, 2017 5:36:33 pm
  • That number may not be accurate however. CBR when first listing the Wolverine first series most likely didn't include the 75 cent variant so it wasn't an option at the time. People that have been using this website for a while when entering their Wolverine books just checked the box no matter what the cover price was. Then when CBR added the cover price variant probably not that many people went back and changed it.
4 posts • Page 1 of 1
World Community Grid Logo
ComicBookRealm.com: 72 years, 252 days, 5 hours of Run Time
Help projects like: Smash Childhood Cancer, OpenZika, Help Stop TB, FightAIDS@Home - Phase 2, Outsmart Ebola Together, Mapping Cancer Markers, FightAIDS@Home
Join World Community Grid today!
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
  • Newest
  • Al Barrett's Atomman Special # 3
  • Image Comics's Kill Your Darlings Issue # 8b
  • Ballantine Books's The Brothers Hildebrandt Soft Cover nn
  • Marvel Comics's Wolverine: First Class Issue # 12b