feature requests

Anyone know why Space Ghost #1 (Comico) doubled in value? (Comic Book Forums)

• Anyone know why Space Ghost #1 (Comico) doubled in value?

Author Discussion
  • Posted: July 5, 2017 9:15:02 pm
  • most likely happened during my catalog wide price updates...took me quite awhile...if it is incorrect (as i stated when i started) please post a couple links and i will gladly fix it...
    "How to destroy a man... Grant him his heart's desire." --Victor Von Doom
    - - - - - - - - - -
    Latest Additions
    Secret Wars #1 CGC 9.8 Dr. Doom Custom Label... Cameo Emperor Doom!!
    Secret Wars #2 CGC 9.8 Dr. Doom Custom Label... 1st full app of Emperor Doom!!!
  • Posted: July 5, 2017 10:30:00 pm
  • I don't know if it's incorrect. I've been using this site for a basis on pricing my eBay auctions. But if a lot of the listings aren't updated, I may need to find another source. Thanks.
    CLASSIC SIGNED COMICS ON EBAY! http://bit.ly/vCaTGQ
  • Posted: July 20, 2017 11:52:08 am
  • wildwonder said:
    I don't know if it's incorrect. I've been using this site for a basis on pricing my eBay auctions. But if a lot of the listings aren't updated, I may need to find another source. Thanks.

CBR is a great tool for pricing but isn't fool proof. I like to use CBR, other sites (Mile High, etc), and eBay SOLD auctions to find the right price point. At the end of the day, it doesn't matter what anyone says it's worth...it's what are people willing to pay for it!
    McFarlane Spider-Man #1 swipe/homage list can be found at thread below!
    https://comicbookrealm.com/topic/8/32284/spider-man-1-cover-swipes-homage-covers-2019-and-beyond/1#137499
  • Posted: July 20, 2017 12:23:22 pm
  • Somebody uses Mile High for pricing? They are notoriously overpriced.
  • Posted: July 20, 2017 12:56:24 pm
  • shvd98z24 said:
    wildwonder said:
    At the end of the day, it doesn't matter what anyone says it's worth...it's what are people willing to pay for it!

Agreed but I post Buy Now listings (no auctions) on eBay and just want to make sure I don't underprice my comics.

I research other eBay listings but the pricing is all over the place. No consistency. Thanks.
  • Posted: July 20, 2017 12:58:08 pm
  • junobeach said:
    Somebody uses Mile High for pricing? They are notoriously overpriced.

I've bought stuff from them in the past because they were always the cheapest. Depends on the comic though.
  • Posted: July 20, 2017 1:03:23 pm
  • wildwonder said:
    I don't know if it's incorrect. I've been using this site for a basis on pricing my eBay auctions. But if a lot of the listings aren't updated, I may need to find another source. Thanks.

Good luck with finding another source, other than ebay for recently sold books no other site that I know of even comes close to the Realm (and no I'm not paid to say that) Laughing

May as well go out and buy the new Overstreet Price Guide that just came out, I'm sure it's right up to date LaughingWink
    "Disliking everything is not the same thing as having an opinion"

• Posted: July 20, 2017 6:06:03 pm
  • ok i need to chime in on this one...because i honestly cant believe someone is getting mad that 350k comics should be updated on a daily basis lol...at least thats how i read certain comments....Pricing ALWAYS changes...if you can honestly find a more up-to-date source...be my guest...but the 110 hours a week i put in at my actual job (same for the other mods lol) the fact that we dont have every single comic to todays prices and practically saying that you are looking for another site becuase of that...sorry but you are toooooooo picky...start a site yourself and just keep daily track of 1k books and tell me how that goes...then multiply that by 350!!! lol...we do our best on our DONATED TIME....We DO NOT GET PAID!!!!....So if you wanna look somewhere else...i encourage you..please do so...cause then you will come back and be just a little more patient next time...Hope you enjoy all of OUR hard work...

P.S. it took me 8 Months to update our core pricing...sorry that wasnt good enough for you
    - - - - - - - - - -
    Latest Additions
  • Posted: July 20, 2017 7:35:48 pm
  • junobeach said:
    Somebody uses Mile High for pricing? They are notoriously overpriced.

It was just an example...but yes, I use Mile High as a reference, with many others. While I find their service and grading to be problematic at times, but as with any resource, there will be discrepancies with price. I have found a good bit of bargains in the past and quite a few fair deals with Mile High. If something is high, it doesn't matter because I find it everywhere I can and pick the best situation for me.
    https://comicbookrealm.com/topic/8/32284/spider-man-1-cover-swipes-homage-covers-2019-and-beyond/1#137499
  • Posted: July 20, 2017 7:42:44 pm
  • Well said AmZoMBiE! I appreciate what you guys do! On top of the price guide, you provided me a forum that i have found a group of people, on multiple continents, that have not only created the most comprehensive list of every thing possible for a silly old comic, but have become friends! F the haters...keep on keeping on! Thank all of you for making this happen and giving me a place to let my nerd out!
  • Posted: July 21, 2017 2:54:58 pm
  • AmZoMBiE said:
    ...because i honestly cant believe someone is getting mad that 350k comics should be updated on a daily basis lol..

Who got mad? Wasn't me.

Last edited July 21, 2017 2:56:00 pm
  • Posted: July 21, 2017 5:41:18 pm
  • I don't think he was mad as much as he was disappointed that all the values aren't up to date.

We rely on people selling/buying books to point out under or over valued books by supplying links and posting them ( in this forum/thread)so the mods can review titles...otherwise we would just randomly have to stumble across them... as to do a complete review would take years from start to finish and be out dated when completed.

Last edited July 21, 2017 5:43:08 pm
    "Disliking everything is not the same thing as having an opinion"

• Posted: July 22, 2017 12:59:36 pm
  • shvd98z24 said:
    CBR is a great tool for pricing but isn't fool proof.

I agree. That's why I've been using it for years.

shvd98z24 said:
    Read your 2nd post...it comes across as you saying all of their hard, free work isn't good enough. You may not have intended it but that's how it reads. You can't rely on one site for all values...you have to do homework.

Well you and everyone else read wrong. And Amzombie needs to be careful not to hurt his leg with his knee-jerk reactions.

I misunderstood how the site works but I'm not mad about it. I just realized I will need to look at other sources besides yours to determine pricing.

And if Amzombie can't take criticism of any kind without blowing a fuse, maybe he doesn't have the temperament to be a moderator.

Last edited July 22, 2017 1:05:04 pm
  • Posted: July 22, 2017 2:38:32 pm
  • I think the better question is why would someone post something on eBay, the most up-to-date market pricing there is, only to come back to here to get a price?
  • Posted: July 22, 2017 3:16:37 pm
  • Lazy sellers exist out there that do not want to do any homework, but uses a GUIDE to tell them how to price...They expect the GUIDE to be absolute in any arguement, even though a GUIDE is just that....a GUIDE!!!...you still need to walk for yourself, though they lead you down the path lol...i dont like being criticized for something absurd and outlandish Brick wall....so yes i take that personal....

and to your mod comment...you have no idea the amount of information and work i put into this site...id love to see the hour tally if thats even possible lmao... while working a job that isnt copying and pasting prices from a website to my ebay...riding the coattails of everyone else's hard work...just to turn around and criticize....

Last edited July 22, 2017 3:31:31 pm
    - - - - - - - - - -
    Latest Additions
  • Posted: July 22, 2017 5:38:29 pm
  • wildwonder said:

Well you and everyone else read wrong. And Amzombie needs to be careful not to hurt his leg with his knee-jerk reactions.

Haha...maybe if everyone else is on the opposite side from you, maybe YOU are wrong! You could have just realized and understood your wording is poor but instead you want to tell the community, and Moderator, they are wrong??? Good luck getting help on here if you keep that up! Do you have any clue what a great resource this is you clown?

You used a poor choice of words...just try explaining yourself rather than alienating yourself. Nobody gives a about your auctions or how much more work you need to put in now that you understand how the site works...poor guy! Stubbornness is apparently bigger in Texas too!
  • Posted: July 22, 2017 6:11:06 pm
  • Well hang on...lets not jump on him...i do understand his view...i apologize for maybe getting too defensive quickly...but i do take this site seriously and have dedicated 10+ (oops 7+ years sorry) years of infomation, series, covers, price changes, forum responses, etc. to it. I cant say im thrilled at how you use the site but you are not wrong for doing so. But it definately rubs me wrong after 8 months of price updates getting complaints they arent all up to current again....really? Im gonna wait another 5-6 years n do it all over again...it is up to the members using the site to do their due diligence and help update the site also....this is how a community works....

Last edited July 22, 2017 9:37:49 pm
    - - - - - - - - - -
    Latest Additions
  • Posted: July 22, 2017 9:39:32 pm
  • what i mean by my last statement there is that if a member sees that a book is gaining or losing traction, let us know about it and we will gladly change the price according...

Last edited July 22, 2017 9:42:03 pm
    - - - - - - - - - -
    Latest Additions
20 posts • Page 1 of 2
World Community Grid Logo
ComicBookRealm.com: 72 years, 186 days, 23 hours of Run Time
Help projects like: Smash Childhood Cancer, OpenZika, Help Stop TB, FightAIDS@Home - Phase 2, Outsmart Ebola Together, Mapping Cancer Markers, FightAIDS@Home
Join World Community Grid today!
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
  • Newest
  • Coldfact Comic Group's Coldfact Comics Issue # 22
  • Evoluzione Publishing's Ma’ari Issue # 2
  • Marvel Comics's Spider-Man vs Venom Soft Cover # 1 - 3rd print
  • Image Comics's The Infernals Issue # 1c