feature requests

Sweet, Sweet Estate Sale Haul! (Comic Book Forums)

• Sweet, Sweet Estate Sale Haul!

Author Discussion
  • Posted: April 22, 2022 2:48:58 am
  • I LOVE it when the weather starts warming up in Utah and people decide it's time to do some spring cleaning! I spotted an estate sale sign on the way home from work yesterday morning and stopped to check it out. . .

Found Avengers #71, and Tales To Astonish #'s 69, 74, 81, and 100!

But. . .but. . .BUT!

I ALSO found a vintage (1971) gift box of Brut 33 WITH Soap on a Rope!

Ah. . .the manly smell of the 70's! Dancing

, I love Estate sales.
    Favorite Characters: Lone Ranger, Green Hornet, Captain America, The Shadow, Zorro, The Rocketeer, Jonah Hex
  • Posted: April 22, 2022 11:01:05 am
  • Soap on a rope? I haven't heard that one in a long, long time. A prisoner's favourite item from what I've read.
  • Posted: April 22, 2022 2:52:06 pm
  • How were the conditions of the books?
    Favorite Quote: "You're not just some guy in a bat costume are you? ARE YOU FREAKING KIDDING ME?! - Justice League #1, 2011"

Hunting for (mainly reprints/variants) - Please help! - See My Profile
  • Posted: April 23, 2022 2:08:33 pm
  • They were in decent condition. I'm no expert grader but I'd give them all a 5.0 or 5.5. I LOVE finding great old comics like this in the wild!

That was just the cream of the crop. . .also got a dozen old Bonanza, Daniel Boone, and Gunsmoke comics in slightly more battered condition. I'd give the best one of that bunch about a 3.0.
    Favorite Characters: Lone Ranger, Green Hornet, Captain America, The Shadow, Zorro, The Rocketeer, Jonah Hex
4 posts • Page 1 of 1
World Community Grid Logo
ComicBookRealm.com: 65 years, 221 days, 11 hours of Run Time
Help projects like: Smash Childhood Cancer, OpenZika, Help Stop TB, FightAIDS@Home - Phase 2, Outsmart Ebola Together, Mapping Cancer Markers, FightAIDS@Home
Join World Community Grid today!
  • Newest
  • 4Winds Publishing's Attu Hard Cover # 1b
  • Night Wynd Enterprises's Children of the Night Issue # 2
  • Marvel Comics's Iron Man & Hellcat Annual Issue # 1illum-b
  • Yen Press's Why Raeliana Ended Up at the Duke's Mansion Soft Cover # 1