feature requests

Fun Garage Sale Find (Comic Book Forums)

• Fun Garage Sale Find

Author Discussion
  • Posted: November 6, 2019 10:08:22 am
  • I only had $25 on me and was about 40 miles away from an accessible ATM - This was literally being held in a barn - the guy was selling every comic he had for $10 a piece.
    Dug through about 150 old Four Colors & westerns, a huge pile of Conan comics from the late 70's and an intriguing pile of TRUE comics (They were all in one piece, but that is about the nicest thing I could say about the condition)
    Finally get to the superhero stuff and it is almost all Superboy, Jimmy Olsen and Lois Lane (Not that there's anything wrong with those) ...then the guy points me to another pile on the other side of the barn. In that one there were a bunch of cool Marvel horror books, but nothing that I am going to pay $10 for, then about halfway through the pile, Journey Into Mystery #125 and Silver Surfer (Vol I) #3 and #7 and all of them were in solid 5.5 / 6.0 condition.
    Ended up getting all three for the $25 in my pocket - and was pretty happy at that!
    ...I also left him my info in case he was interested in unloading everything at a later time.
    Sometimes I forget how much fun the hunt can be!

Last edited November 6, 2019 10:25:49 am
  • Posted: November 6, 2019 10:22:38 pm
  • Wow what a score, and yes the hunt is the thrill that makes it all worthwhile!
    I love hearing about stories like this, as it has become more and more difficult to score finds, such as yours, nowadays.
    Hmmm...I need to hit up the neighboring town flea market again soon!
    Click Here To See The 2Believers! Store!
  • Posted: November 7, 2019 9:45:15 am

• Image20191107_062242 by Stephen Gardner, on Flickr
    Yeah, I always love hearing stories of 'the hunt' too, they give us reason to keep looking - I had almost given up for this year since garage sales had almost completely wound down here in the arctic...err, great plains. Glad I made it out to one more!
  • Posted: November 7, 2019 10:52:40 am
  • Wow, beauties! Nice finds!
    nem·e·sis
    noun
    A righteous infliction of retribution manifested by an appropriate agent
  • Posted: November 8, 2019 1:53:08 pm
  • Wow! what a deal. I am jealous.
    Cool beans.
5 posts • Page 1 of 1
World Community Grid Logo
ComicBookRealm.com: 72 years, 252 days, 5 hours of Run Time
Help projects like: Smash Childhood Cancer, OpenZika, Help Stop TB, FightAIDS@Home - Phase 2, Outsmart Ebola Together, Mapping Cancer Markers, FightAIDS@Home
Join World Community Grid today!
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
  • Newest
  • Schanes & Schanes's Heavy Metal Original Cel Issue nn
  • Marvel Comics's The Spectacular Spider-Men Issue # 2e
  • Artists Writers & Artisans's U & I  Issue # 3b
  • Marvel Comics's Web of Spider-Man Issue # 2b