feature requests

Great $1 Box Finds (Comic Book Forums)

• Great $1 Box Finds

Author Discussion
  • Posted: November 1, 2018 10:44:43 am
  • I thought maybe it would be fun to start a thread where people can list their $1(or less) box finds that turn out to be profitable. I could look through long boxes all day, it's one of the great things about collecting comics although as Morgayne can confirm, I am the slowest at it ever.

Let's stick to just your LCS or maybe a yard sale perhaps, no online purchases. Something maybe you didn't know the exact price of but thought maybe it could be worth something and it turned out it was.

My lcs recently removed a bunch of stuff from his $1 drawers and added new comics. I got to check them out yesterday and the FIRST two comics I looked at were Deathlok vol 4 #1b and Deathlok vol 5 #4b, both 9.4's(unbagged!) and worth $15 each. About 20 issues after those I found Witchblade/Elektra #1b worth $10. I also got Iron Man #200 in so-so shape, maybe a 6.0-6.5

Not earth shattering deals but still decent books to buy for a buck each and it made me happy to find the Deathloks as I am a fan of his.

Last edited November 1, 2018 10:47:18 am
  • Posted: November 1, 2018 9:35:39 pm
  • i found a Marvel Super Heroes #8 (1st Squirrel Girl) in the $0.50 bin, recently got it graded and it came back a 9.6....pretty good for $24.50 lol
    "How to destroy a man... Grant him his heart's desire." --Victor Von Doom
    ----------
    CGC Recently Returned
    Amazing Spider-Man #300 Newsstand- 1st app Venom (full) (5.5)
    Marvel Super Heroes #8 Newsstand - 1st Squirrel Girl (9.6)

Recent Pick-Ups
    Thor #33: 1st app Tarene as Thor Girl
    Swamp Thing #0: Origin
    Swamp Thing Halloween Horror Giant: Walmart Exclusive
  • Posted: November 1, 2018 10:10:36 pm
  • Sweet finds, both of you!
    My big score was the avenging spider-man #9 first Ms. Marvel appearance back in May for a buck. My LCS as far as I know hasn't done another $1 bin day since the Free comic book day. They do, once a month do a 50% off back issue sale though and I found a few last weekend including a Weapon H #1 variant valued at $35 for about $7. (Sorry last one not in the dollar box range)

Last edited November 6, 2018 4:29:24 pm
    “I don't wear white to hide myself. I wear it so they'll see me coming. So they'll know who it is. 'Cause when they see the white, it doesn't matter how good of a target I am. Their hands shake so bad, they couldn't hit the moon.”
  • Posted: November 3, 2018 3:09:38 pm
  • I spoke too soon. I stopped in the LCS and they had a dollar bin sale. Finally! I found 18 books, nothing super crazy but did get a Batman Annual 2 (rebirth) that is worth $10. Not too bad though.
    “I don't wear white to hide myself. I wear it so they'll see me coming. So they'll know who it is. 'Cause when they see the white, it doesn't matter how good of a target I am. Their hands shake so bad, they couldn't hit the moon.”
  • Posted: November 6, 2018 7:40:27 am
  • My favorite $1 find was a copy of Terminator: The Burning Earth #1, maybe a $10 book, but also a first published work (Alex Ross) so it is sorta cool in that way.

Last edited November 6, 2018 7:40:42 am
  • Posted: November 6, 2018 11:06:15 am
  • I found about 8 issues of G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero all over issue #100(which are limited print runs) at a comic con all in dollar boxes, worth $10 each.
  • Posted: November 6, 2018 3:57:28 pm
  • New Teen Titans, Vol. 1, Annual #2, worth $25.00.
  • Posted: November 7, 2018 2:38:39 am
  • I scored these for R10 (75c American) each:

Iron Man Vol 1 # 32
    Iron Man Vol 1 # 39
    Iron Man Vol 1 # 40
    Iron Man Vol 1 # 41
    Iron Man Vol 1 # 43
    Iron Man Vol 1 # 44
    The Avengers Vol 1 # 10
    The Mighty Thor Vol 1 # 197
    "In times like these it's good to remember that there has always been times like these..."
  • Posted: November 8, 2018 10:23:26 am
  • I love to treasure hunt in $1 and .50 cent boxes. I once found a Maxx #1 ashcan and also the first three issues of Supergirl (vol.1, 1972) which were in decent shape. You never know what you'll find.
    We strike hard and fade away into the night
  • Posted: November 12, 2018 7:24:37 am

Machete & I got to build a box yesterday for $125, so everything came down to about $.34 each (so many great finds, SO much Battlestar Galactica!).

These were a neat find & are worth about $10-15 a pop.
  • Posted: November 13, 2018 7:54:03 am

This series was another fun find; the artwork is so cool & I can't wait to read the story! I'm not specifically into steampunk or anything, but I like this general idea & the execution, so hopefully it's a good read.
11 posts • Page 1 of 2
World Community Grid Logo
ComicBookRealm.com: 48 years, 196 days, 5 hours of Run Time
Help projects like: Smash Childhood Cancer, OpenZika, Help Stop TB, FightAIDS@Home - Phase 2, Outsmart Ebola Together, Mapping Cancer Markers, FightAIDS@Home
Join World Community Grid today!
  • Newest
  • Archie Comics Group's Archie Issue # 700h
  • Image Comics's Gideon Falls Issue # 8b
  • Whitman's Uncle Scrooge Issue # 186
  • Whitman's Uncle Scrooge Issue # 187