feature requests

Another one bites the dust! (Comic Book Forums)

• Another one bites the dust!

Author Discussion
  • Posted: October 14, 2018 1:44:11 pm
  • After passing many copies of Batman v1 #49 in nice grade for $5000 to $8000, finally came across a CGC 2.5 unrestored and snagged it. Dancing Listed at $1700, got it for $1500. I overpaid yes, but been chasing this for years and they don't show up often except for $$$$.

This leaves only Batman #1 to complete the entire v1 run. Probably no chance of that until I sell my Amazing Fantasy 15. Sad
    The joy is in the journey, not just the destination.
  • Posted: October 14, 2018 3:10:04 pm
  • You might say you overpaid, but the value it holds to you seems to be far greater. Nice nab either way, and WOW on that complete of a Batman collection.
    Click Here To See The 2Believers! Store!
  • Posted: October 15, 2018 9:07:15 am
  • WOW, that is impressive Spa-fon!! Good for you and good luck on the hunt for #1. I'd have to sell my house and the next two houses after that to get that issue.
    nem·e·sis
    noun
    A righteous infliction of retribution manifested by an appropriate agent
  • Posted: October 15, 2018 9:51:54 am
  • As with any collectible & the concept of having overpaid or the item's value, I always remember the wise words of Doofus Rick: "I'm not going to tell you these coins will increase in value, or even hold their current value. The truth is, you bought 'em because you like 'em. They have value to you. That's what matters."

So, congrats on being one step closer & on your great score!
  • Posted: October 15, 2018 9:22:52 pm
  • Dancing Applause

You going to take pics with you in front of all of them?
    Favorite Quote: "You're not just some guy in a bat costume are you? ARE YOU FREAKING KIDDING ME?! - Justice League #1, 2011"

Hunting for (mainly reprints/variants) - Please help! - See My Profile
  • Posted: October 16, 2018 1:55:15 am
  • Congratulations, Spa-fon. I remember reading within the past 18 months that you had about five or six books left to collect and now you are right there on the cusp! Clearly every seller was asking too much, so what are you going to do? You made the best possible deal you could, but let's be honest - this is about way more than the money. You are doing something that very few others on this planet can or will ever do! I wish I had a copy of Batman #1, just so I could sell it to you!!
    Tenzil
  • Posted: October 16, 2018 5:45:40 am
  • dough boy said:
    Dancing Applause

You going to take pics with you in front of all of them?

Hmmm maybe. A photo shoot with all the Batman books spread around me? Nah that sounds like something a “ star” might do... Brucifer. Whistle
    The joy is in the journey, not just the destination.
  • Posted: October 16, 2018 12:03:19 pm
  • I finally admitted that my star job Post was indeed false. Hopeful thinking? What man wouldn't want to paid to sleep with hot women?
    I wouldn't have pictures taken of me "bathing" in Batman comic books (naked?). Sounds like someone else, not me.
  • Posted: October 16, 2018 5:32:42 pm
  • Dammit you mean i searched for weeks for nothing lmao d'oh!
    "How to destroy a man... Grant him his heart's desire." --Victor Von Doom
    - - - - - - - - - -
    Latest Additions
    Secret Wars #1 CGC 9.8 Dr. Doom Custom Label... Cameo Emperor Doom!!
    Secret Wars #2 CGC 9.8 Dr. Doom Custom Label... 1st full app of Emperor Doom!!!
9 posts • Page 1 of 1
World Community Grid Logo
ComicBookRealm.com: 72 years, 252 days, 5 hours of Run Time
Help projects like: Smash Childhood Cancer, OpenZika, Help Stop TB, FightAIDS@Home - Phase 2, Outsmart Ebola Together, Mapping Cancer Markers, FightAIDS@Home
Join World Community Grid today!
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
  • Newest
  • IDW Publishing's Golgotha Motor Mountain Issue # 2b
  • Marvel Comics's Star Wars: Mace Windu Issue # 3c
  • Absolute Comics Group's White Widow Issue # 4easter
  • Schanes & Schanes's Wizards and Warrior Women Issue nn