feature requests

Spawn Lot (Comic Book Forums)

• Spawn Lot

Author Discussion
  • Posted: September 10, 2018 3:51:40 pm
  • Not sure how many Spawn fans are out there but I have always enjoyed them. I have #1-103 and now that I am back into collecting I want to get caught up. I bought a Spawn comics lot over the weekend from a guy off Craigslist. He was advertising #1-200 with some issues missing here and there. I told him I'd take #100-200, here is what I got:

#118-208, missing about 10 issues in between(not including variants)
    A few decent variants like:
    #150e Sketch cover
    #166 2nd print limited to 3000 copies
    #185c
    #186b 2nd print
    #200b, c, d, e, f, k

Really happy with the purchase as it get's me closer to getting caught up on my Spawn collection.

The guy said he had 50 long boxes he wants to unload, he sent me a list of what he has. Pretty impressive, a lot of complete sets or near complete.

All in all added up its about $900, paid A LOT less than that...Whistle

nem·e·sis
    noun
    A righteous infliction of retribution manifested by an appropriate agent
  • Posted: September 10, 2018 4:14:10 pm
  • DancingDancingDancing
    Always great to get a good deal. Congratz!
    The joy is in the journey, not just the destination.
  • Posted: September 10, 2018 7:49:44 pm
  • Sweetness! And a little jealous too haha. You got an incredible lot there. I just recently got back into Spawn too. I scored a 1-27 lot online not too long ago, and tacked on Spawn the Impaler 1-3. From there I went to the local comic shop and picked up 284-289 with 2 extra variants, and Medieval Spawn and witchblade #2. I made it through 1-13, and the newer issues so far. The artwork itself blows me away, and the stories have definitely kept my interest. Spawn does not disappoint.
    Click Here To See The 2Believers! Store!
  • Posted: September 10, 2018 8:28:33 pm
  • Nice Spector, good to see more Spawn fans out there!

My LCS has nothing for back issues of Spawn so I was pretty lucky to find the Craigslist ad, especially in little old Vermont. Not much around here lol. Two weeks ago I went to a shop about an hour away and they had Spawn #216-218 on the shelf with all the new books. 6 yrs old! I’m like, is this for real?! I recognized them and what they were worth and said, guess I better buy these at cover price! I threw in about 3-4 other newer ones to do the camouflage trick I guess you could call it. Spawn’s been good to me lately Smile

Last edited September 10, 2018 8:29:28 pm
    nem·e·sis
    noun
    A righteous infliction of retribution manifested by an appropriate agent
  • Posted: September 10, 2018 9:03:49 pm
  • That is unfortunate not getting your Spawn fix at your LCS. But....your craigslist score. That was a gem. Back in the 90's Baton Rouge had 5 different shops, and it was great. Only one survived in this online age we live in. They have a decent stock of back issues here, but the 1-27 deal I found online, I picked up for $75, and all issues were cared for well and in NM. I peeked at the LCS back issues from the lot I had, and they were probably triple or more (individually priced) if I were to buy them there. But on the flip side, I am now getting the new issues. I am considering checking out if Image offers a subscription (pretty certain they do), to see if I can save a little more on the new issues, and then pop in the LCS for any variants I may want to get.
    Click Here To See The 2Believers! Store!
  • Posted: September 10, 2018 10:01:15 pm
  • I was into Spawn back in the day. I have 1 - 32 but just added it to my pull list again. Looking forward to checking out the newer stuff.
    In pursuit of what Marvel considers the entire Hulk legacy run... with a few adjustments.

Current level of completeness: 71.04%
  • Posted: September 11, 2018 1:07:25 pm
  • I have a chunk of Spawn from #1-66. All for sale at nice prices and I am always willing to negotiate to make everyone happy. Just saying.
7 posts • Page 1 of 1
World Community Grid Logo
ComicBookRealm.com: 72 years, 252 days, 5 hours of Run Time
Help projects like: Smash Childhood Cancer, OpenZika, Help Stop TB, FightAIDS@Home - Phase 2, Outsmart Ebola Together, Mapping Cancer Markers, FightAIDS@Home
Join World Community Grid today!
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
  • Newest
  • DC Comics's Green Lantern: War Journal Issue # 8e
  • IDW Publishing's The Rocketeer: In the Den of Thieves TPB # 1
  • Marvel Comics's Web of Spider-Man Issue # 10b
  • Absolute Comics Group's White Widow Issue # 4easter