feature requests

X Men 95 142 all slabbed (Comic Book Forums)

• X-Men 95 - 142 all slabbed

Author Discussion
  • Posted: October 13, 2015 8:08:10 am
  • found this listing in my local comic shop news board :

" X-Men collection in hard cases complete run "

I gave him a call, and we met in a park . he was not a comic collector, couldn't get him to say exactly where he got them from

the whole set was Uncanny X-Men # 95 to 142 all CGC / PGX / CBCS slabbed at 9.2 to 9.6 Shocked

some were the really old red labels " Modern" from the early days of CGC, some the old blue labels, and others from the different companies.

When I asked him how much, he said for which ones, ..... silly man all of them of course. His eyes widened, he told me he hadn't really thought of anyone buying the whole lot, he was going to ask $100 for the early ones, and $50 to $75 for the later ones.

I checked my phone for available in Bank, asked him if he had Bank America; he did.... I said I could transfer immediately $2400.... $50 each

He tried to talk me up, but I showed him my balance; and after maybe 5 minutes, he agreed Very Happy

after getting home, I checked the numbers on the CGC registry and some were slabbed as early as 2002; I know they suggest re-slabbing 7 to 10 years, so I am sending about 20 of them in for re-holders, I'll be listing them in my collection later today, and the rest when they get back

If it's a Marvel Mutant book, I probably own it
  • Posted: October 13, 2015 9:02:03 am
  • Wow, nice grab, and for little more than slabbing cost!
    The joy is in the journey, not just the destination.
  • Posted: October 21, 2015 2:25:48 pm
  • The sentence that has "...he was not a comic collector, couldn't get him to say exactly where he got them from" does worry me. I'm afraid to say that the odds of this being a stolen collection could be more probable than not. Hopefully it's not, but I would have passed on it.
  • Posted: October 21, 2015 8:04:42 pm
  • The Bobarian said:
    The sentence that has "...he was not a comic collector, couldn't get him to say exactly where he got them from" does worry me. I'm afraid to say that the odds of this being a stolen collection could be more probable than not. Hopefully it's not, but I would have passed on it.

^^^Truth....Watch the news in your area lol
4 posts • Page 1 of 1
World Community Grid Logo
ComicBookRealm.com: 72 years, 190 days, 18 hours of Run Time
Help projects like: Smash Childhood Cancer, OpenZika, Help Stop TB, FightAIDS@Home - Phase 2, Outsmart Ebola Together, Mapping Cancer Markers, FightAIDS@Home
Join World Community Grid today!
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
  • Newest
  • Marvel Comics's Deadpool Issue # 41b
  • Marvel Comics's Marvel Comics Presents Issue # 172
  • Marvel Comics's X-men '97 Issue # 1illum-b
  • DC Comics's Young Romance Comics Issue # 125facsimile