feature requests

transformers (Comic Book Forums)

• transformers

Author Discussion
  • Posted: June 15, 2009 12:57:08 pm
  • why the hellis bumblebee a camaro? He has always been a VW beetle. kinda bothers me what about u?
  • Posted: June 15, 2009 1:48:08 pm
  • Artistic liberties?

Actually I think it had more to do with advertising/product placement
    Favorite Quote: "You're not just some guy in a bat costume are you? ARE YOU FREAKING KIDDING ME?! - Justice League #1, 2011"

Hunting for (mainly reprints/variants) - Please help! - See My Profile
  • Posted: June 15, 2009 2:26:04 pm
  • yea i would say gm needs all the help they can get right now. it is a nice car but the mustang is better.
  • Posted: June 15, 2009 2:39:30 pm

• All the Autobots is the first film were GM vehicles....
  • Posted: June 15, 2009 3:44:48 pm
  • Just call it a UPGRADE.

I didn't like Megs killing Jazz though. Jazz was one of my Favs in the series right after OMEGA SUPERME.
    The mind is like a parachute. It doesnt work unless its open.

• Posted: June 15, 2009 4:53:16 pm
  • u can't discount ultra magnus he was awesome in the original animated series
  • Posted: June 15, 2009 4:54:34 pm
  • i know they were all GM vechicles but the really should have stayed true too the series
  • Posted: June 15, 2009 5:25:55 pm
  • From one of the TF sites:

Several reasons have been given for Bumblebee changing from a Beetle to a Camaro:

1.) Producers couldn't get rights from Volkswagen to use a Beetle as Volkswagen didn't want their product being associated with a violent film.

2.) Director Michael Bay told Wired Magazine he made the change because he wanted the mass of the Transformers in robot form to be believable compared to their vehicle form. Thus a Beetle would have resulted in Bumblebee being much smaller in robot form.

3.) Bay wanted to avoid comparisons to Herbie the Love Bug, and that he felt that Bumblebee needed an updated look.

4.) With the exception of Optimus Prime, ALL Auotbots are General Motors vehicles. (GMC, Hummer, Pontiac, & Chevy)

Early on in the film, we briefly see the new Bumblebee next to what is described as 'an old 1971 VW Beetle' in a nod to his past. Sam has to choose between the old yellow Beetle and the Camaro, but of course chooses the Camaro.

It's interesting to note that the Beetle in the film is actually a 1973-1977 VW Super Beetle, a very different model than the common Beetle.
  • Posted: June 24, 2009 5:44:34 pm
  • Anyone seen TROTF yet??
    Gonna try to catch the 6:20 show here.

• Posted: June 25, 2009 12:42:05 am
  • Ok saw the movie out of 5 stars ill give it 3 and 1/2. Not going to spoil it for anyone with details.
    The only reason it doesn't get 4 is because you really don't know who a lot of the decepticons are except for Megs, starscream, and devastator.

17 posts • Page 1 of 2
World Community Grid Logo
ComicBookRealm.com: 72 years, 252 days, 5 hours of Run Time
Help projects like: Smash Childhood Cancer, OpenZika, Help Stop TB, FightAIDS@Home - Phase 2, Outsmart Ebola Together, Mapping Cancer Markers, FightAIDS@Home
Join World Community Grid today!
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
  • Newest
  • Schanes & Schanes's Elfquest Issue set a
  • Faro's Lounge's Faro's Lounge: American Safari Sketchbook Issue nn - purpledragon
  • Marvel Comics's Marvel Masterworks: Captain America Hard Cover # 16
  • IDW Publishing's Star Trek Issue # 19ri