feature requests

Deadpool spinoff confirmed (Comic Book Forums)

• Deadpool spinoff confirmed

Author Discussion
  • Posted: May 6, 2009 6:11:54 pm
  • According to Yahoo! News:

"Following the monster weekend for X-Men Origins: Wolverine, and a day after announcing that a Hugh Jackman-powered sequel is in the works, 20th Century Fox has confirmed to E! News that Jackman's costar Ryan Reynolds will be given his own spinoff and potential franchise-launcher as the Marvel Comics antihero Deadpool.

The 32-year-old Canadian actor, otherwise known as Mr. Scarlett Johansson, will again star as Wade Wilson, a wisecracking, cancer-stricken mercenary who's cured of the disease after undergoing the same Weapon X genetic alteration as Wolverine.

But along with superhuman powers, enhanced strength and self-regenerating healing powers, the slightly unhinged Deadpool can absorb the abilities of dead and captured mutants.

Aside from Deadpool and the Wolverine sequel, Fox is also working on an X-Men spinoff focusing on Ian McKellen's villainous Magneto and another dubbed X-Men: First Class, which is being written by The O.C. creator Josh Schwartz."
  • Posted: May 6, 2009 7:27:15 pm
  • you can also read a similar artice, that basiclly says the same thing, in the news section.

Last edited May 6, 2009 7:28:28 pm
  • Posted: May 6, 2009 7:36:48 pm
  • ah, noted
  • Posted: May 6, 2009 7:44:03 pm
  • it's cool.
  • Posted: May 6, 2009 8:28:36 pm
  • just read about that, should be pretty sweet
  • Posted: May 12, 2009 1:39:46 am
  • Sounds great with a Deadpool movie. I would go see it but...

Deadpool can absorb the abilities of dead and captured mutants.

What is that all about?
    Not collecting any more but I still enjoy comics now and then...
  • Posted: May 12, 2009 9:01:25 am
  • "Following the monster weekend for X-Men Origins: Wolverine, and a day after announcing that a Hugh Jackman-powered sequel is in the works, 20th Century Fox has confirmed to E! News that Jackman's costar Ryan Reynolds will be given his own spinoff and potential franchise-launcher as the Marvel Comics antihero Deadpool.

Awesome

The 32-year-old Canadian actor, otherwise known as Mr. Scarlett Johansson, will again star as Wade Wilson, a wisecracking, cancer-stricken mercenary who's cured of the disease after undergoing the same Weapon X genetic alteration as Wolverine.

Sounds Good

But along with superhuman powers, enhanced strength and self-regenerating healing powers, the slightly unhinged Deadpool can absorb the abilities of dead and captured mutants.

Huh What The ......

For anyone who say the bit after the credits of the Wolverine movie (which was pretty craptacular) how are they going to transition from that into this.
  • Posted: May 13, 2009 8:59:58 pm
  • i wanted to see a deadpool movie before i saw wolverine. im not so sure i want to see one now with all his powers and such. if i were not a comic fan i dont think the person i saw in the wolverine movie would make a good stand alone movie. i know he is getting alot of attention in the comic world with his on going and mini series but in the movie world alone i just dont see him with any pull to get people to see a movie. lets face it all the things that make him a kool charicter were not shown in the movie much. i'll probly still go and see it as i always go see all the comic movies but that doesnt mean i agree with the direction they are going.
8 posts • Page 1 of 1
World Community Grid Logo
ComicBookRealm.com: 72 years, 190 days, 18 hours of Run Time
Help projects like: Smash Childhood Cancer, OpenZika, Help Stop TB, FightAIDS@Home - Phase 2, Outsmart Ebola Together, Mapping Cancer Markers, FightAIDS@Home
Join World Community Grid today!
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
  • Newest
  • Kodansha Comics's How I Met My Soulmate Soft Cover # 2
  • Black Tiger Press's Lycanthrope Issue # 1
  • Pronto Comics's Manganation Issue # 3
  • DC Comics's The Flash Issue # 7c