feature requests

Wolverine Movie Leaked Onto Internet (Comic Book Forums)

• Wolverine Movie Leaked Onto Internet

Author Discussion
  • Posted: April 2, 2009 11:53:59 am
  • So yesterday I herd this news story about how the new Wolverine movie was leaked onto the net and the amount of revenues which are estimated to have been lost because of it. I think that the movie companies are partly to blame in this because they have made it so freakin' expensive for families or just anyone to go to a movie these days. What do you think?
  • Posted: April 2, 2009 12:16:52 pm
  • I actually saw the movie online, the quality was okay, but as for the lost revenue, I'm going to b there on May 2 (the Saturday after opening day) to go see it still. Despite the complaints of too many added mutants in the movie, it was a very entertaining experience from start to finish.
  • Posted: April 2, 2009 12:45:47 pm
  • I hear you. It was around $50 for me, my wife and two girls to see Coraline just because we got some cheap 3-D glasses.
    Then there is always some in the theater who pay that much money to sit there and talk the whole time.
  • Posted: April 2, 2009 1:15:26 pm
  • I think that they will lose more revenue from people ripping the DVD than anything else.

My wife and I will likely see it the day it comes out as she has a thing for Hugh. I also don't think they will lose any comic book fans, and since the rest of the people who might actually want to see the movie likely have no clue how to find a "leaked copy" the damage should be minimal.

I mean those that are going to see it, will still see it regardless. Those that will watch it for free were going to do it anyways.
    Favorite Quote: "You're not just some guy in a bat costume are you? ARE YOU FREAKING KIDDING ME?! - Justice League #1, 2011"

Hunting for (mainly reprints/variants) - Please help! - See My Profile
  • Posted: April 2, 2009 2:37:15 pm
  • I agree with all of Dough Boy's comments. Well, except for the wife having a thing for Hugh.
    Currently Reading:
    Graphic Novels: Nightwing (90s series), Lumberjanes
    Regular Novels: Chronicles of Prydain

Add me on Goodreads
  • Posted: April 2, 2009 3:39:47 pm
  • I watched the 1st half over lunch and just went back to watch the 2nd half and it's gone. They're trying to remove it as fast as they can, but I think they're fighting a losing battle. I'll see it when it hits the big screen like most people.
    Hey Variant Girl your boy Waid is in it.Wink
    "Disliking everything is not the same thing as having an opinion"

• Posted: April 2, 2009 4:42:01 pm
  • Evil or Very MadEvil or Very MadEvil or Very Mad
    Shame on youShame on youShame on you
    Brick wallBrick wallBrick wall
  • Posted: April 2, 2009 4:54:54 pm
  • Shhh Shhh Shhh Shhh Shhh Shhh Shhh Shhh

Don't tell 1573 about this thread.

Oh ...too late. Laughing
    Favorite Quote: "You're not just some guy in a bat costume are you? ARE YOU FREAKING KIDDING ME?! - Justice League #1, 2011"

Hunting for (mainly reprints/variants) - Please help! - See My Profile
  • Posted: April 2, 2009 5:02:01 pm
  • dough boy said:
    Shhh Shhh Shhh Shhh Shhh Shhh Shhh Shhh

Don't tell 1573 about this thread.

Oh ...too late. Laughing

Laughing Applause

still though, Evil or Very Mad
  • Posted: April 2, 2009 6:01:56 pm
  • Prepare to be probed by the FBI if you watched the film online Wink
    Currently Reading:
    Graphic Novels: Nightwing (90s series), Lumberjanes
    Regular Novels: Chronicles of Prydain

Add me on Goodreads
31 posts • Page 1 of 4
World Community Grid Logo
ComicBookRealm.com: 72 years, 186 days, 23 hours of Run Time
Help projects like: Smash Childhood Cancer, OpenZika, Help Stop TB, FightAIDS@Home - Phase 2, Outsmart Ebola Together, Mapping Cancer Markers, FightAIDS@Home
Join World Community Grid today!
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
  • Newest
  • Marvel Comics's Cable Issue # 1
  • Marvel Comics's Cable & Deadpool Issue # 10
  • Mad Cave Studios's Morning Star Issue # 1b
  • Ab3 12c Ent.'s The Nefarious Smyths TPB # 1b