feature requests

Watchmen (Comic Book Forums)

• Watchmen

Author Discussion
  • Posted: March 26, 2009 10:34:31 am

• word
  • Posted: March 30, 2009 11:48:47 am
  • Just saw the movie, and i never read the books so i had no ideal what to expect. To be honest i was just phsyched to see a super-hero movie that was rated R. I have to say i thought this movie kicked massive amounts of . In fact, and i have already been blasted by my friends for saying this, (and possibly will be on here) it may be my new favorite super-hero movie ever.
    Its nice to see a movie where areas of violence are portrayed as actually violent. Not to mention Rorschack rules.
  • Posted: March 30, 2009 12:10:59 pm
  • Well, I put this off long enough. When the movie theatres here open up again, I'm taking off work to see it.
    "1500 years ago, everybody knew the Earth was the center of the Universe. 500 years ago, everybody knew that the Earth was flat... and 15 minutes ago, you knew people were alone on this planet. Think about what you'll know tomorrow." - Agent K, Men in Black
    Find answers to CBR FAQs on my profile!
  • Posted: April 9, 2009 10:42:08 pm
  • I finally made time to watch this today (I took an hour and a half off work to make it to the matinee). I really wanted to see it with my wife since she hasn't read the series, even though I've been holding it in her face for the last 3 months, almost literally. But, our prospects of a date were pretty grim for the next month, so I went by myself.

I think it's a good movie. I have lots of gripes, like I wish Snyder had been given the time to work in the SPOILER squid ending, and Rorschach's origin is 10x more chilling in the book, but it was still a good movie overall. I've read the tpb at least 3 times in the last few years, so I'm starting to glimpse the layers that Moore and Gibbons worked into the series, and most of them are missing from the movie, but it was still a good time. I'm definitely looking forward to owning it and viewing it multiple times.

And again, spoiler, wasn't it weird that after seeing Doc's superior for an hour or two, you suddenly see Laurie's 's and it's all like, hey, look at those , heh, heh?
    "1500 years ago, everybody knew the Earth was the center of the Universe. 500 years ago, everybody knew that the Earth was flat... and 15 minutes ago, you knew people were alone on this planet. Think about what you'll know tomorrow." - Agent K, Men in Black
    Find answers to CBR FAQs on my profile!
  • Posted: June 8, 2009 10:42:40 pm
  • Well I am old enough to have read the series issue by issue as it was released. Watching the film with an audience, my reaction was that the "film" was about Ameria (a country that I happen to belong to and love) whereas the series was about comic book superheros and the changes they were undergoing as society evolved.
    I dont know how you go about reviewing the film seperate from the book. I am certain I would have loved the movie if it was my first exposure to the material. The unforgivable problem with the movie is they dont put a giant alien in new york. ok, they didnt have to make it a giant but give me something, cities have been destroyed before without .... uggg I mean the heroes of the movie cant be stupid enough to think blowing up new york is going to bring about world peace. Maybee we should just give the Al Queda bunch some some hi grade plutonium and wait for paradise on earth. I mean its just a stupid ending. It emascualtes the whole ethical point. Do you or dont you deceive the public in their interest.
    anyway, I used to be a chatter in "cbr' ten twelve years ago and I would come in to work and download classified messages and then sit around for two hours waiting for everyone else to get to work. I was a civilian employee of the navy and if things were down I could go pick up hard copies of the message traffic. hmmm. or hrmmm as the case may be.
    so.
    i used to log on to a comic book chat and those were some , well i just waxed nostalgic, this is the first time i have logged onto a chat room since then I believe. ( i just dont get lol at everything everyone says. etc. etc. )
    I tried yahoo chat and they just kept trying to send me to singles whatever..
    what can I say.. I'm emotionally imature and I'd like to stay that way.. (to the tune of JEWELS "IM SENSITIVE'
    sorry to ramble ... getting back to Watchmen
    Increbible special effects but while watching you know it isnt gonna be a part of your life for the rest of your life. like when I was watching any one of the three LOTR flicks you just say well thats gonna be on tv for the rest of my life. better scoop as much as I can in now on the big screen.
    8 )

getting back to the main premise I didnt like that the zero powered superheros had super powered martial arts abiltiy the charm in the book was they were just kooky costumed charachters and the significance of them putting on their tights and going out swinging is lost if they are real fighting machines ... what else. ... lets see.
    scuze me whle i watch some family guy .

• Posted: June 22, 2009 10:27:22 am
  • Late on this but I'm lucky to catch a flick once a week, and it's "date night" with the wife, so half the movies are chick flicks. A friend who is a long time comic fan and a constant movie attendee, said I could skip this until it came out on DVD.

I intended to read the comics before I saw the movie but it looks like the market on Watchmen books jumped 800% (unless they were always that pricey???) so I passed for now.

Any follow-up on how they did overall in ranks? From what I've seen, not nearly as good as first thought.
    The joy is in the journey, not just the destination.
38 posts • Page 1 of 4
World Community Grid Logo
ComicBookRealm.com: 72 years, 255 days, 20 hours of Run Time
Help projects like: Smash Childhood Cancer, OpenZika, Help Stop TB, FightAIDS@Home - Phase 2, Outsmart Ebola Together, Mapping Cancer Markers, FightAIDS@Home
Join World Community Grid today!
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
  • Newest
  • Image Comics's 7174AD Issue # 1
  • DC Comics's Nightwing Issue # 113e
  • Marvel Comics's Roxxon Presents: Thor Issue # 1
  • Marvel Comics's The Uncanny X-Men Issue # 494b