feature requests

Watchmen (Comic Book Forums)

• Watchmen

Author Discussion
  • Posted: March 14, 2009 11:20:14 am
  • smeggie Laughing
  • Posted: March 16, 2009 2:43:32 am
  • jackie earle haley was fantastic but malin akerman was awful. she ruined every scene she was in.

the movie is much better the second time you watch it.

Last edited March 16, 2009 1:02:11 pm
  • Posted: March 16, 2009 7:29:41 am
  • I thought it was a great movie, very well adapted and visually stunning. However, I can see how its a very fan boy movie and I heard a lot of people not liking it or walking out of the movie. Its not a typical superhero movie, its almost more of a drama movie than an action movie, however the trailers didn't exactly sell it as that, thus I think some people walked in with higher expectations.
  • Posted: March 19, 2009 5:03:36 pm
  • great movie, but it won't do well due to all the people who "don't get it" or think it's "too violent"
  • Posted: March 19, 2009 9:53:07 pm
  • OldSkewlPantz said:
    great movie, but it won't do well due to all the people who "don't get it" or think it's "too violent"

it was too violent. no quotes needed around that. that whole meat cleaver rorschach scene was COMPLETELY unnecessary. also does nite owl have the superhuman strength to break a guys arm with the bones sticking out like that? i dont think so.

the comic was grisly and violent butthe movie took it a bit too far.
  • Posted: March 19, 2009 11:23:15 pm
  • but comics aren't allowed to take it that far depth of realism. If a comic, especially in the 80s, was to show a or bone sticking out of a human's arm, there's no way they would get the comic authority's seal of approval
  • Posted: March 19, 2009 11:30:11 pm
  • OldSkewlPantz said:
    but comics aren't allowed to take it that far depth of realism. If a comic, especially in the 80s, was to show a or bone sticking out of a human's arm, there's no way they would get the comic authority's seal of approval

what are you talking about? there is blue in the comic. http://guanabee.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2009/03/dr_manhattan_comparison-450x409.jpg

and!

plenty of comics are hella violent. but there is not reason to make them MORE violent in movie form. its just lazy. leave a little to the viewers imagination
  • Posted: March 20, 2009 11:54:03 am
  • okay, i forgot about that , but it wasn't as abundant as in the movie. Also, i'll give you the laziness of movies not leaving things to imagination. that seems to be a huge trend in hollywood now
  • Posted: March 25, 2009 1:12:33 pm
  • I bought the hardcover edition back in 1993 which was already the 7th printing. I loved every page of it. The art and writing were so well meshed it was an instant favorite. I saw the movie and thought the same thing. It's OK with me the things they left out, even someone who has never read Watchmen could follow it. The critics all floored it as "too dark" or "too serious and violent". Well they can go watch Roger Rabbit again (jerks). Loved the movie, loved the book, will buy the DVD, and probably buy the Rorschack figure. Jutting bones and blue penises aside, there's plenty of other movies that go much further. For Comic Book Movies with mucho macho bravado and no gore, there's always Spiderman flicks.
  • Posted: March 26, 2009 9:58:21 am
  • RustyBones said:
    I bought the hardcover edition back in 1993 which was already the 7th printing. I loved every page of it. The art and writing were so well meshed it was an instant favorite. I saw the movie and thought the same thing. It's OK with me the things they left out, even someone who has never read Watchmen could follow it. The critics all floored it as "too dark" or "too serious and violent". Well they can go watch Roger Rabbit again (jerks). Loved the movie, loved the book, will buy the DVD, and probably buy the Rorschack figure. Jutting bones and blue penises aside, there's plenty of other movies that go much further. For Comic Book Movies with mucho macho bravado and no gore, there's always Spiderman flicks.

Bravo!!ApplauseApplause
38 posts • Page 1 of 4
World Community Grid Logo
ComicBookRealm.com: 72 years, 252 days, 5 hours of Run Time
Help projects like: Smash Childhood Cancer, OpenZika, Help Stop TB, FightAIDS@Home - Phase 2, Outsmart Ebola Together, Mapping Cancer Markers, FightAIDS@Home
Join World Community Grid today!
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
  • Newest
  • Ultimate Marvel's Ultimate Spider-Man Issue # 114b
  • Absolute Comics Group's White Widow Issue # 4big wave-b
  • Absolute Comics Group's White Widow Issue # 4tyndall-f
  • Marvel Comics's Wolverine and the X-Men Issue # 2b