feature requests

The Tick: 2001 (Comic Book Forums)

• The Tick: 2001

Author Discussion
  • Posted: January 25, 2009 4:33:49 pm
  • On Netflix, I've been instant viewing The Tick, Fox's short-lived live action version of the cartoon staring Patrick Warburton, and thought it deserved a recommendation. Excellent cast, as Warburton's David Puddy was 90% Tick, good finds for Arthur, Captain Liberty, a good guest spot by Ron Perlman, and the surprise delight of Nestor Carbonell as Batmanuel, a character I assume was changed from the cartoon's Fledermaus, one of my favorites in the original. He doesn't get the best lines, but his overly secure lethario gets some fun screen time.

I'm disappointed in the loss of Sea Urchin (a Rain Man parody), and the first few episodes start out slow, but by "Couples", the series is well worth watching. This isn't the cartoon, so depending on your philosophy, you won't want to watch it with kids, but it's worth the time after they've gone to bed.
    "1500 years ago, everybody knew the Earth was the center of the Universe. 500 years ago, everybody knew that the Earth was flat... and 15 minutes ago, you knew people were alone on this planet. Think about what you'll know tomorrow." - Agent K, Men in Black
    Find answers to CBR FAQs on my profile!
  • Posted: January 25, 2009 4:40:58 pm
  • the live action tick was totally amazing, i agree. Patrick Warburton was born to play the tick, no one could have been better cast...the only downside of the series was the casting of Arthur, who is the "main character" of the Tick....but he couldnt come close to breaking the show....just wish I had heard of it when it was on.....oh and Hulu has the whole series for free (legally) if anyone is interested
    http://comicbookrealm.com/jkoswald/collection check out my collection...selling everything (piles labeled "for sale" only) at 20% of value (80% off)...check my forum posting in the selling section for details
  • Posted: January 25, 2009 9:15:46 pm
  • i only saw a little of the show here and there when it was on and completly forgot about it till just now. and yea hulu is the best thing ever i would kill myself at work if it werent for hulu and comicbookrealm
  • Posted: January 26, 2009 12:00:11 am
  • excellent show
  • Posted: January 26, 2009 8:48:01 am
  • I completely geek out over the Tick's costume. They could have gone with a crappy blue spandex body sock, but that thing was seemless!

There was some magic missing from the cartoon, it didn't seem as madcap or something, but it was still pretty fun. Couldn't sleep this morning and finished it up. It was pretty good.
    "1500 years ago, everybody knew the Earth was the center of the Universe. 500 years ago, everybody knew that the Earth was flat... and 15 minutes ago, you knew people were alone on this planet. Think about what you'll know tomorrow." - Agent K, Men in Black
  • Posted: January 26, 2009 10:46:20 am
  • This show was great!!! I still get emotional about it being canceled. Sad
  • Posted: January 29, 2009 3:30:15 pm
  • This is kind of timely.
  • Posted: January 29, 2009 7:13:36 pm
  • hardlyart said:
    joshschr said:
    This is kind of timely.
    you beat me to it!

He's Good
    What's yours is mine, what's mine is mine Too. If you shake my hand better count your fingers!

• Posted: February 12, 2009 2:26:48 pm
  • I yam what I yam.

Tick tock tick tock... Time for another Tick link! I think it might also be time for a new Tick tv show/comic/MOVIE?
16 posts • Page 1 of 2
World Community Grid Logo
ComicBookRealm.com: 72 years, 255 days, 20 hours of Run Time
Help projects like: Smash Childhood Cancer, OpenZika, Help Stop TB, FightAIDS@Home - Phase 2, Outsmart Ebola Together, Mapping Cancer Markers, FightAIDS@Home
Join World Community Grid today!
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
  • Newest
  • Harry N. Abrams Books's Phenomena  Hard Cover # 2
  • Al Barrett's The Justiciary Issue # 17
  • Marvel Comics's The Uncanny X-Men Issue # 497eccc
  • Marvel Comics's Weapon X-Men Issue # 1 - 2nd print