Justice League newest animated movie (Comic Book Forums)

• Justice League newest animated movie

Author Discussion
  • Posted: May 12, 2024 6:34:06 pm
  • I just finished watching the newest Justice League animated movie(s) and I wanted to give my two cents. Technically the official title is Justice League: CRISIS on Infinite Earths (Part 1&2).

These two movies are very recent and have a 2024 release date attached. Apparently there are more coming as both Part 1&2 end on cliffhangers. I won't give away too much of the story-line for the many who haven't seen these yet, but I will admit that neither were very good.

Obviously everyone who has cracked open a DC comic book knows what the CRISIS story is all about. I'm not 100% sure why the DC animated movie people in charge decided to re-visit this particular story as opposed to hundreds of others they haven't already done. Who knows? It was obviously updated, but all-in-all a very confusing watch in the end. Yes, there was just about every hero in the DC expanded universe included in these two movies, but since that is the best aspect of these movies, that's not saying much.

Am I the only one out there who is getting a little bored with these multiverse stories? That's not to say some haven't been excellent, but there is just too much alternate Earth's going on to be able to understand everything being done. Not to mention that since we are dealing with alternate realities, no one is safe. You can kill off Batman or Superman without breaking a sweat. Remember these are Earth 23 (or any number) heroes, not our Earth 1 champions we have been reading for decades. It makes for lazy writing in my opinion and no one wants that.

I will end up watching Part 3 when I end up receiving it, but I did "audibly boo" at the end of Part 1 (I was alone at the time).
  • Posted: May 21, 2024 9:38:00 pm
  • I can't comment on the Justice League films because I haven't seen them yet, but I would like to jump in the very relevant discussion about multiverses.

To me the best thing about multiverse stories is that one can hold out hope that in the end they might fix mistakes and allow for a better story in the end, by bringing characters and situations together and fixing mistakes or oversights that happened earlier.

The first multiverse story I remember reading was a 1960's comic one year in there in which the JLA and JSA got together as they did annually in those days. And then, in the original crisis, if I remember correctly the point was to fix all the multiverse madness and make one cohesive universe with no more need for multi anythings! So much for that plan!!

I hope the MCU uses the current storyline to bring the X-Men into the MCU, and fix any other things that need to be fixed, and then end the multiverse storyline once and for all. What do you think the chances are I'll get what I want. Not much? You're probably right, sigh!
    Tenzil
  • Posted: May 22, 2024 5:35:38 pm
  • I'm glad to see that Tenzil and I agree that the Multiverse has gotten out of hand. The original CRISIS on Infinite Earths from 1985 was created to solve the multiverse problem that DC was experiencing after many years of writers and creators not paying attention to what they all were doing. It was supposed to fix things, and it did (for a time).

I have read some story-lines and seen some movies from DC that were exceptional, even though they took place in the Multiverse. Superman: Red Son comes to mind and there a slew of others that were good or better.

I just have grown very tired of these "What If's" (to use a Marvel term) that we are being bombarded with. Will the DC Universe please just write some good stories for us to enjoy without getting bogged down in these silly multiverses. Thank you.

Last edited May 22, 2024 5:36:13 pm
3 posts • Page 1 of 1
World Community Grid Logo
ComicBookRealm.com: 73 years, 115 days, 8 hours of Run Time
Help projects like: Smash Childhood Cancer, OpenZika, Help Stop TB, FightAIDS@Home - Phase 2, Outsmart Ebola Together, Mapping Cancer Markers, FightAIDS@Home
Join World Community Grid today!
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
  • Newest
  • Marvel Comics's Blood Hunt Issue # 2k
  • Marvel UK's Captain America Issue # 50
  • Marvel UK's Captain America Issue # 52
  • Skybound's Void Rivals Issue # 9c