Godzilla Minus One vs. Monarch Legacy of Monsters (Comic Book Forums)

• Godzilla Minus One vs. Monarch Legacy of Monsters

Author Discussion
  • Posted: January 2, 2024 3:38:55 pm
  • Holy smokes was this a great movie. Great in all the ways Monarch is simply not.

I am trying to enjoy Monarch, but an unlikeable cast and overuse of flashbacks is killing it. I don't even mind the occasional episode with few or zero titans, IF it were well-written and moved the plot somewhere. Kurt Russel and is it Wyatt Russel? They do their best. In fact, all the actors over 21 really nail their work. The younger kids are written so unlikeably that I stopped caring about their entire role in the piece.

Give me more Toho productions, please! The grasp of history, the role Godzilla plays in the Japanese psyche, and, of course, the monster itself, were near perfectly portrayed. You really cared about the actors and their stories.

Anyway, two thumbs and a glowing blue tail up for the movie. A bit of a stink-eye for the series. Thoughts?

• Posted: March 17, 2024 9:17:03 am
  • I agree! I went to see Godzilla Minus One Minus Color which was the black & white version in theater back at the beginning of the year. Amazing movie. I have never really enjoyed Godzilla flicks but this one made me a fan.
    We strike hard and fade away into the night
  • Posted: March 17, 2024 12:38:30 pm
  • Godzilla Minus One did win an Oscar for special effects this year. That has to mean something as well, no?
  • Posted: June 10, 2024 4:12:56 pm
  • brucifer said:
    Godzilla Minus One did win an Oscar for special effects this year. That has to mean something as well, no?

I think it means "We dare not give a monster movie the Best *insert serious award here* but we can safely give it best effects."

The movie was well-acted; very thoughtful, and the scripting/story was excellent.
  • Posted: June 13, 2024 6:19:26 pm
  • Is that the one with all the talking and very little godzilla in it? Which ever movie that was i stopped watching cause it was so boring lol... A scared Kamikazee pilot and a baby n girl with no one... all fam up... that movie was boring i didnt finish it...

Last edited June 13, 2024 6:23:50 pm
    "How to destroy a man... Grant him his heart's desire." --Victor Von Doom
    - - - - - - - - - -
    New Additions:
    Uncanny X-Men #221 - CGC 9.4 Signed by Claremont
    Marvel Super Heroes Secret Wars #8 - CGC 8.5 Custom Label
    Spider-Gwen #25 2nd Print - CGC 9.8
    Peter Porker, the Spectacular Spider-Ham #1 - CGC 9.2 1st Ducktor Doom

Son of Satan #1
    Fantastic Four #211 (1st Terrax)
    Transformers: Generation 2 #1 Newsstand Edition
    Carnage: Mind Bomb #1
    Venom: The Enemy Within #1 Newsstand Edition
    Felicia Hardy: Black Cat #1 Newsstand Edition

5 posts • Page 1 of 1
World Community Grid Logo
ComicBookRealm.com: 73 years, 325 days, 6 hours of Run Time
Help projects like: Smash Childhood Cancer, OpenZika, Help Stop TB, FightAIDS@Home - Phase 2, Outsmart Ebola Together, Mapping Cancer Markers, FightAIDS@Home
Join World Community Grid today!
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
  • Newest
  • DC Comics's Action Comics Issue # 1066
  • Little Brown Ink's An Outbreak of Witchcraft TPB # 1
  • Dark Horse Comics's Helen of Wyndhorn Issue # 3
  • Marvel Comics's Star Wars: Jango Fett Issue # 4d