feature requests

Thor: Love and Thunder | Official Trailer (Comic Book Forums)

• Thor: Love and Thunder | Official Trailer

Author Discussion
  • Posted: June 6, 2022 4:37:46 pm
  • really long trailers show too much of the movie.
    There were people complaining 'this cool cameo' was spoiled when they saw the character in the Doctor Strange trailer.
    it's only a month away I can wait.
  • Posted: July 15, 2022 11:24:16 pm
  • Got out to see this today... it was alright. Nothing horrible, nothing great. It had some good moments and some bad. I think they needed to give Christian Bale more to do with Gorr but he still acted the out of what he was given.
    In the end he was a villain with lots of potential but you didn't really hate him, he was just there.
    Some of the comedy was a misfire, some of it was a good laugh.
    If you've liked 90% of Marvel material it's worth seeing.
    Like other phase 4 movies though I don't think it really built on something bigger like in past phases. The end credits scense were interesting but not fascinating.
  • Posted: July 16, 2022 9:57:50 am
  • I have to agree with drew. I'd give it a 7....maybe. The tonal shifts were extreme - Gorr's story vs the corny humour didn't mesh well for me.
  • Posted: October 2, 2022 4:20:27 pm
  • Is it me or have the marvel movies become very childish and silly.Are they trying to imitate the AdamWest Batman tv show?
  • Posted: October 2, 2022 7:07:24 pm
  • i think you guys are missing a HUGE part of this movie...it wasnt a real adventure lol...this was Korg (the goofy revolution guy) telling a story...the ENTIRE movie...that wasnt actually gorr, it was a representation of gorr.... which, once watching it from that point of view, makes the childish moments and over the top heroic means more understandable...lol... it was intentionally done that way...this way Gorr can actually be used again and he isnt necessarily a one n done villain...nor does he necessarily look that way either...

if youre one that disliked it, actually rewatch it, knowing its all KORG telling the story, not actual events, it may become funnier and a better movie for you

the big clue was SPOILER ALERT: when he was riding stormbreaker like a witches broom lol...

Last edited October 3, 2022 6:43:16 am
    "How to destroy a man... Grant him his heart's desire." --Victor Von Doom
    - - - - - - - - - -
    Latest Additions
    Secret Wars #1 CGC 9.8 Dr. Doom Custom Label... Cameo Emperor Doom!!
    Secret Wars #2 CGC 9.8 Dr. Doom Custom Label... 1st full app of Emperor Doom!!!
  • Posted: October 3, 2022 11:43:43 pm
  • claudioma said:
    Is it me or have the marvel movies become very childish and silly.Are they trying to imitate the AdamWest Batman tv show?

I think they are trying different formats... you simply can make every Marvel movie super serious with dire consequences all the time. The actors, writers and directors will grow uninterested in it after a while. Having some fun along the way should be fine too. It provides a variety.

I had not heard or considered that POV Zombie... Is this a theory or a confirmed statement from the director?
  • Posted: October 3, 2022 11:58:49 pm
  • I agree not everything has to have dire consequences, but what about just telling a good action story, they only have 61 years of material to chose from.
  • Posted: October 4, 2022 4:22:13 pm
  • im not sure, that was my take from watching it 2 times thru...Korg is telling the story to the group of kids right from the start (after the Gorr intro thing), then it pans to the movie, then the end is Korg finishing the story...i didnt realize that that was what was going on, til i saw it the 2nd time... and it became funnier once i realized that too...less corny, because Korg is, lets face it, quite corny lol

in my 5 seconds of searching i came across this tho lol...so im not the only one that was thinking that...

https://comicbook.com/marvel/news/thor-love-and-thunder-theory-blames-korg-for-lying-about-what-really-happened-in-the-movie/#:~:text=Korg(Taika%20Waititi)%20narrates%20the,he%20told%20the%20story%20too.

Last edited October 4, 2022 4:26:06 pm
    - - - - - - - - - -
    Latest Additions
  • Posted: October 4, 2022 4:30:03 pm
  • Just in case no one wants to click the link to read the entire article, here is a reddit list done by someone else that had the same theory as well:

Expanding on the theory that Korg is Thor: Love and Thunder’s unreliable narrator
    I was told in r/marvelstudios I should post this theory here if it’s not already here. I did find a version of the theory; however, the post says they don’t have any actual evidence that Korg is the unreliable narrator. So I thought I’d provide some evidence and deep dive for some clever hidden details.

1). Korg is literally nothing but a talking face for half the movie. This is the most obvious detail that Korg is the unreliable narrator, along with the fact the movie begins and ends with Korg telling this story to a group of kids. The notion that the only living part of a Kronan is the face is absurd.. even for Marvel. If you’re taking that literally, then the movie just became really stupid. If you realize Korg is just bullshitting these kids and embellishing parts of the story, it’s hilarious.

2). Another Rock Paper Scissors joke for you. There is a Kronan (Rock) in Omnipotent City sitting on a throne of scissors. The very first time we meet Korg in Ragnarok he cracks a Rock Paper Scissors joke when he tells Thor he’s made of rocks, but not to let that intimidate him unless he’s made of scissors. This may even be a clue that the silly depictions of gods like Bao the Dumpling , and the that is just a head on a pair of feet are just embellishments by Korg to entertain the children.

3). Stormbreaker is not actually jealous of Mjolnir. Most people don’t really understand the 9 realms, bifrost, and tree of Yggdrasil, but it’s quite simple. Stormbreaker uses the bifrost. The bifrost accesses the tree of Yggdrasil. Yggdrasil is a system of portals connecting 9 planets in 9 different galaxies (aka realms). Thor can only use Stormbreaker to portal directly to any of the 9 realms, not anywhere in the universe. This is why they construct the goat boat to travel to Omnipotent City and the Shadow Realm.. they’re outside the 9 realms. Korg doesn’t understand this. He thinks the reason Stormbreaker isn’t cooperating to teleport to Omnipotent City is because Stormbreaker is jealous that Mjolnir is back lol. They are able to bifrost directly back to Earth from The Shadow Realm because Earth is Midgard (in the 9 realms).

4). The trailer begins with Korg telling the story. Along with the film both beginning and ending with Korg telling the story to children, the trailer also kinda gives it away that we the audience are basically the children gathering around for Korg’s storytelling time.

5). Kronan reproduction. Korg tells the kids that Kronans are all males and they reproduce by holding hands over lava for 3 days. This is probably the same as telling them babies come from the stork. Korg may just be teaching sexual preference awareness. Kronans are probably not all male. Korg says in Ragnarok that only his mother and her boyfriend showed up to his revolution.

6). Thor probably didn’t give the kids the power of Thor. I got some pushback on r/marvelstudios for this part because that scene is awesome, but it’s probably another embellishment. Consider that Korg’s audience is a bunch of kids, so a bunch of kids all getting the power of Thor and fighting an army of shadow monsters would keep the kids captivated. A clue is the fact that Thor is using Zeus’s Thunderbolt to give the kids the power of Thor, which doesn’t make sense. And if Thor really could give out his powers in mass, then the memes are correct.. he should have used this power before.

Hopefully this helps put Love and Thunder in perspective. Let me know what you think.
    - - - - - - - - - -
    Latest Additions
10 posts • Page 1 of 1
World Community Grid Logo
ComicBookRealm.com: 66 years, 347 days, 7 hours of Run Time
Help projects like: Smash Childhood Cancer, OpenZika, Help Stop TB, FightAIDS@Home - Phase 2, Outsmart Ebola Together, Mapping Cancer Markers, FightAIDS@Home
Join World Community Grid today!
  • Newest
  • Marvel Comics's Ant-Man / Giant-Man: Epic Collection TPB # 1-2nd print
  • Image Comics's Flaming Carrot Comics Issue # 2ashcan-b
  • Drunken Cat Comics's Plastic People Issue # 15
  • John L. Magnus, Jr.'s Varioso Issue # 12