feature requests

The new The Batman movie (Comic Book Forums)

• The new The Batman movie

Author Discussion
  • Posted: March 11, 2022 12:14:41 pm
  • It's been a week, who's seen it? I'm curious to hear feedback from comic book readers instead of movie reviewers or "ordinary joe's." No spoilers please.
  • Posted: March 12, 2022 8:21:14 pm
  • I'm going tomorrow Brucie, I'll give my opinion soon after Smile
    nem·e·sis
    noun
    A righteous infliction of retribution manifested by an appropriate agent
  • Posted: March 13, 2022 3:33:36 pm
  • Thanks MacheteF7. I'm a little surprised no one else has chimed in.
  • Posted: March 13, 2022 4:47:54 pm
  • Just got back from the movie and I thought it was great. It's definitely not your colorful campy Batman that's for sure. It's very dark and gritty, decent action/fight sequences, good story, the main bad guy is very well done I thought. Robert Pattinson did a good job I think, he certainly doesn't look/act like any Batman you've ever seen but I liked the portrayal. I don't get into the nitty gritty of breaking down movie psychology, character development/growth/attachment, etc. I just go by am I entertained or not and I was for sure. My only gripe would be the length lol, it was almost 3 hours. Not a deal breaker at all I just wish I would have gone for the small soda instead lol. I stuck it out as I didn't want to miss anything.

Overall I highly recommend it, it's $10 well spent in my book.
    nem·e·sis
    noun
  • Posted: March 26, 2022 11:46:23 pm
  • I wanted to go see it, but my son went with my wife and her friend who's daughter wanted to see it. then he went to see it again to go with a friend.
    Meanwhile my other son has zero interest in going.... bummer. I'll probably wait until it streams.
  • Posted: March 27, 2022 12:30:39 pm
  • It's odd that nobody else has shared their thoughts by now. Maybe I was the only one that liked it lol
    nem·e·sis
    noun
  • Posted: April 4, 2022 11:24:23 am
  • Saw it with my grandkids. I enjoyed it, though a bit dark for Batman, plus switched around several stories such as Alfred, Wayne Mansion, origin, etc.

Grandson, 13, enjoyed it. Granddaughter, 11, fell asleep. And yes the 3 hour length without an intermission meant backups in the bathrooms after...
    The joy is in the journey, not just the destination.
  • Posted: April 24, 2022 2:58:07 pm
  • Watched on the weekend. Very dark (story line and visual) and very long 176 minutes. Not the Batman that I grew up on that's for sure, but then again they've all been darker as the Batman character has gotten darker over the years.
  • Posted: April 26, 2022 5:46:55 pm
  • I was dead-set against watching it! I had no intention of watching it, because I can't get behind Robert Pattinson as Bruce Wayne/Batman. The other night, as I was flipping through channels, there was nothing good on any of my 'regular' channels, but..The Batman was just starting. I thought I'd watch until, I decided that I had had enough. I was pleasantly surprised. Other than Robert Pattinson, I actually thought it was really, really good. I liked how the main bad guy portrayed, and everything else was pretty good. I didn't even get fatigued at it having such a long running time. I would recommend watching it, and just ignore the RP scenes. Smile
  • Posted: April 27, 2022 9:21:58 am
  • Yoshi2001 said:
    I had no intention of watching it, because I can't get behind Robert Pattinson as Bruce Wayne/Batman. I would recommend watching it, and just ignore the RP scenes. Smile
    Yeah he's definitely not the best part of the movie although I don't necessarily dislike him. I'll say this, I think he played a pretty good Batman but his Bruce Wayne could use some work perhaps. He was a little to emo for my liking. Still, a great movie though.
    nem·e·sis
    noun
  • Posted: April 29, 2022 1:09:44 am
  • maybe Robert Pattison had a little too much 'Bruce Wayne' in his young man days for it to be a cheerful dramatization.
    I heard he spent much of his time alone in his mansion.
    that kid's taken his lumps
    my kid saw the movie, said it was very good.

Last edited April 29, 2022 1:14:17 am
11 posts • Page 1 of 2
World Community Grid Logo
ComicBookRealm.com: 65 years, 221 days, 11 hours of Run Time
Help projects like: Smash Childhood Cancer, OpenZika, Help Stop TB, FightAIDS@Home - Phase 2, Outsmart Ebola Together, Mapping Cancer Markers, FightAIDS@Home
Join World Community Grid today!
  • Newest
  • 4Winds Publishing's 4Winds Collection TPB nn
  • Ed-U Press's Capt. Veedee-o and Ms. Wanda Lust in VD Claptrap Issue nn
  • 3-D Cosmic Publications's Fun with Basky and Robin Issue # 3
  • Slab-O-Concrete's Hairy Mary: Bubblegum Drag Manga TPB # 1 - 2nd print