feature requests

Sandman trailer for Netflix series (Comic Book Forums)

• Sandman trailer for Netflix series

Author Discussion
  • Posted: October 7, 2021 5:31:54 pm
  • What’s your thoughts on castings? I’ve never read the source material.
  • Posted: October 12, 2021 1:18:03 pm
  • logerine said:
    What’s your thoughts on castings? I’ve never read the source material.
    From what I can see it looks pretty good. Now go read the source material. You will not be disappointed.
  • Posted: October 16, 2021 12:52:11 pm
  • logerine said:
    What’s your thoughts on castings? I’ve never read the source material.

It appears they've chosen mainly English actors. I think that was a good decision as Neil Gaiman who created these characters is also English. A few things sort of bother me and I can't say too much as I have yet to watch an episode, but why miss a perfect opportunity to cast Tom Ellis as Lucifer? He already plays the character on the show and does so very well. Instead they go completely backwards and cast a woman. The other which a lot of fans are complaining about is casting a black woman as Death. In the comics Death, who is Dream's sister, became the most popular character of the Endless. She can appear in different forms but her iconic one is a pale white woman with jet black hair. I'm still on the edge about that one.

Last edited October 16, 2021 12:53:15 pm
    We strike hard and fade away into the night
  • Posted: October 16, 2021 3:48:49 pm
  • @Juno Okay.

@Rapha Thanks. So, just a bit of woke casting. Maybe the overall series will be entertaining.
5 posts • Page 1 of 1
World Community Grid Logo
ComicBookRealm.com: 63 years, 267 days, 19 hours of Run Time
Help projects like: Smash Childhood Cancer, OpenZika, Help Stop TB, FightAIDS@Home - Phase 2, Outsmart Ebola Together, Mapping Cancer Markers, FightAIDS@Home
Join World Community Grid today!
  • Newest
  • Titan Comics's Gun Honey Issue # 1forbidden-b
  • Marvel Comics's Laugh Riot Issue # 25
  • Turtle Island Books's Recollections of Gran Apacheria Soft Cover # 1
  • Dave Gibson & Harry Driggs's The Life and Loves of Cleopatra Issue nn