feature requests

Marvel’s What If… trailer (Comic Book Forums)

• Marvel’s What If… trailer

Author Discussion
  • Posted: July 12, 2021 1:54:47 pm
  • I was thinking, this animated film would’ve been an interesting spot to introduced mutants and the X-men.

https://youtu.be/x9D0uUKJ5KI
  • Posted: July 14, 2021 11:25:04 am
  • It's cool they're doing animation. What sort of bothers me from watching the trailer is that it doesn't quite feel like any of the "What If?" comics I remember reading. No mystery or feelings of wonder. Instead it feels like a parody and continuation of what they did in Avengers.
    We strike hard and fade away into the night
  • Posted: July 14, 2021 3:21:22 pm
  • Rapha1978 said:
    It's cool they're doing animation. What sort of bothers me from watching the trailer is that it doesn't quite feel like any of the "What If?" comics I remember reading. No mystery or feelings of wonder. Instead it feels like a parody and continuation of what they did in Avengers.

That is an excellent point. It does feel like a parody of an Avengers film. I knew something felt off, and you nailed it perfectly.
  • Posted: August 20, 2021 4:51:56 pm
  • I've enjoyed the first two. Can't wait for Marvel zombies to show up.

• Posted: September 3, 2021 4:02:32 pm
  • These just keep getting better. Captain Carter was great, Star Lord was way more fun than I thought it was going to be. The Avengers...oops no spoilers A+. Fantastic. And Dr. Strange's was the best yet. So dark! Great writing without resorting to tropes (so far). The Watcher is pretty intense compared to how I remember him from the 70s and 80s, though honestly I was pretty young in the 70s and grappling with "omnipotent" and "aye verily" as words.
  • Posted: October 11, 2021 8:08:39 pm
  • I enjoy the series. Maybe not the same magic as the old comic series but it was still good
6 posts • Page 1 of 1
World Community Grid Logo
ComicBookRealm.com: 63 years, 267 days, 19 hours of Run Time
Help projects like: Smash Childhood Cancer, OpenZika, Help Stop TB, FightAIDS@Home - Phase 2, Outsmart Ebola Together, Mapping Cancer Markers, FightAIDS@Home
Join World Community Grid today!
  • Newest
  • DC Comics's Batman Secret Files: Peacekeeper-01 Issue # 1b
  • Image Comics's Ice Cream Man Issue # 26b
  • Comix World / Clay Geerdes's Kentucky Komics Issue nn
  • Parachute Salon Press's Last Adventures of the gratest Man on Earth Issue nn