feature requests

Thank Goodness for the MCU!! (Comic Book Forums)

• Thank Goodness for the MCU!!

Author Discussion
  • Posted: June 10, 2021 3:17:37 am
  • As a lifelong (and a long life at that) fan of comic books I decided to make this point after watching the first episode of Loki on Disney+! Don't worry, no spoilers ahead, I just wanted to say how fortunate I feel to be alive today. Never in my wildest childhood dreams could I have imagined we would have something as good as the MCU to enjoy. Even if you don't like every movie or show, even if there are some characters you don't enjoy, even if you aren't happy with everything that is being planned for the MCU, it is hard to argue that we live in the Golden Age of comic book heroes and stories being brought to life on the big and littler screens. What I love most about it is that they have weaved all the elements of the various projects into one coherent whole, the way Stan and Jack and Steve and the rest of the Marvel visionaries did starting back in the early 1960's. I know Marvel will continue to make great films and shows so my biggest hope now is that DC and Image and others will be forced to raise their games to challenge the top dog, because the better the comic book films and shows, the more hope I have for the entire comic book industry! Cheers!
    Tenzil
  • Posted: June 11, 2021 9:35:56 am
  • Tenzil you're just one post away from hitting 1,000, so make it a good one ;-)
    I have mixed feelings. For me the MCU movies were amazingly tied together and in my eyes was completed with Avengers: End Game. I really don't like any of the new shows on Disney Plus. What Marvel was doing some years ago with Netflix was on a way better level (Daredevil, Punisher, Jessica Jones, etc). Unfortunately they never weaved any of those characters in with the movies, and I have doubts that Disney would ever do anything so gutsy. I'm wondering what the upcoming films will be like and if they will continue to tie in or create something entirely different. We'll have to wait and see...

As for DC, I think they definitely need to raise their game with the movies, although the Snyder cut on Justice League was pretty awesome... But with their tv shows they do a really good job, probably better than Marvel, in weaving the characters together in the Arrowverse. Superman & Lois in my opinion is probably one of the most entertaining shows to watch right now.

Last edited June 11, 2021 9:38:17 am
    We strike hard and fade away into the night
  • Posted: June 11, 2021 10:14:55 am
  • Totally agree, Tenzil. As a Marvel zombie and independent comic lover it's been amazing to see all my favourite characters come to life on the big and small screen.
3 posts • Page 1 of 1
World Community Grid Logo
ComicBookRealm.com: 61 years, 241 days, 1 hour of Run Time
Help projects like: Smash Childhood Cancer, OpenZika, Help Stop TB, FightAIDS@Home - Phase 2, Outsmart Ebola Together, Mapping Cancer Markers, FightAIDS@Home
Join World Community Grid today!
  • Newest
  • Marvel Comics's Silk Issue # 4c
  • Marvel Comics's Star Wars: Age of Republic - Count Dooku Issue # 1jtc-b
  • Aconyte's Target: Kree: A Marvel: Crisis Protocol Novel Soft Cover # 1
  • Marvel Comics's Way of X Issue # 3