feature requests

Jupiter's Legacy on Netflix (Comic Book Forums)

• Jupiter's Legacy on Netflix

Author Discussion
  • Posted: May 8, 2021 12:02:21 pm
  • I know this is a brand new release, but has anyone seen this comic book show based on the books by Mark Millar and Frank Quitely yet?

I watched the first 4 episodes last night and it was quite enjoyable. As with pretty much every comic book based show, the costumes look a little goofy in "real life". Not much you can do about that. I only recognized the main two actors Josh Duhamel and Leslie Bibb from the entire cast. I won't give away any of the plot/story as it's early, but it definitely looks promising.
  • Posted: May 8, 2021 4:24:27 pm
  • I plan on giving it a look, just haven't got around to it yet.
    I did read the first mini and enjoyed it so I hope the TV series is good.
    "Disliking everything is not the same thing as having an opinion"

• Posted: May 8, 2021 6:39:20 pm
  • I watched the first ep and it was enough for me to continue with it. I'm wondering how close to the comic they will be.
  • Posted: May 9, 2021 10:47:32 am
  • I finished all eight episodes as of last night. Although not exactly the same story-line as the original comic book, it was close. I don't know if there's going to be a season 2, but it sure ends in a cliffhanger, so I hope so. Overall a pretty good show. Acting was good, fighting and FX was above average. I'm happy.
  • Posted: May 10, 2021 5:50:32 am
  • Binge-watched all 8 episodes in one go. I thoroughly enjoyed it and was curious as to how close it was to the comics. I have issues 2 - 5 of the first series having missed the first issue so never actually got around to reading it Sad
  • Posted: May 26, 2021 8:36:21 pm
  • With the cliffhanger ending there better be a second season
  • Posted: May 28, 2021 1:28:36 pm
  • Watched first couple episodes and enjoyed it.
    The joy is in the journey, not just the destination.
  • Posted: May 31, 2021 1:50:17 pm
  • Really enjoyed this series. Reminded me a bit of watchmen/TheBoys/Invincible in story and tone. Can't wait for S2.
    I know nothing about the comics and it's great that you don't need to for enjoyment.
    Utopian has to die at somepoint right? For the story to continue. It sure feels that way to me.
  • Posted: June 5, 2021 12:23:13 am
  • well , that sucks. Was a pretty good show.
  • Posted: June 5, 2021 12:23:14 am
  • well , that sucks. Was a pretty good show.
  • Posted: June 5, 2021 10:38:53 am
  • Netflix hasn't officially cancelled Jupiter's Legacy quite yet. Keep your fingers crossed, or better yet, tell everyone you know to watch this new show.
  • Posted: June 5, 2021 11:35:41 am
  • Well, that sucks.
14 posts • Page 1 of 2
World Community Grid Logo
ComicBookRealm.com: 72 years, 186 days, 23 hours of Run Time
Help projects like: Smash Childhood Cancer, OpenZika, Help Stop TB, FightAIDS@Home - Phase 2, Outsmart Ebola Together, Mapping Cancer Markers, FightAIDS@Home
Join World Community Grid today!
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
  • Newest
  • DC Comics's Metro Comics: Batman with Robin the Teen Wonder Issue # 1
  • JY's Online! Soft Cover # 1
  • Marvel Comics's Rogue Issue # 12
  • IDW Publishing's Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Saturday Morning Adventures - Continued  Issue # 10idw convention