feature requests

The New Justice League (Comic Book Forums)

• The New Justice League

Author Discussion
  • Posted: March 18, 2021 9:17:29 pm
  • WOW....SOOOOOOOOO much better of a movie...long as but waaay better...not gonna give anything away but im have sooooo much to say lol...This is what it shouldve been, and glad they did this time around...my only complaint...It is Extremely LONG lol...when i thought it was over, it just kept going and going and going lol...

What did you think? Without spoilers obviously....
    "How to destroy a man... Grant him his heart's desire." --Victor Von Doom
    - - - - - - - - - -
    Latest Additions

Strange Tales #169 CGC 6.0 - 1st Doctor Voodoo
    Thor #33 CGC 9.8 - 1st Tarene as Thor Girl
    Thor #440 - 1st Thor Corps (Team)
    She-Hulk #3 2nd Print - HTF Doom Cover
    Ultimate Comics Spider-Man #2 2nd Print - 1st Ganke Lee

• Posted: March 19, 2021 10:50:44 am
  • I only watched the original version once in theaters and never again. Glad too because just enough time had passed for me to forget about what a mess that movie was. Zack Snyder's Justice League is 4 hrs and 2 min and the biggest difference for me was that I really enjoyed this film.
    We strike hard and fade away into the night
  • Posted: March 19, 2021 11:28:29 am
  • Haven't watched it yet, like Rapha I thought the original was terrible.
    I will probably watch it but if it isn't really good it may be in 1 hour segments
    "Disliking everything is not the same thing as having an opinion"

• Posted: March 19, 2021 2:15:18 pm
  • Like pretty much everyone else, I was not very impressed with the 2017 version of the Justice League movie. There was a valid reason it was not good. Two different directors trying to make one movie!!

Zack Snyder started the movie and ended up departing early without finishing the job leaving Joss Whedon to pick up the slack. Mr. Snyder had a very good reason to leave. His daughter had committed suicide. If that's not a valid reason to quit, I don't know what is!! I'm not going to comment on Mr. Whedon's current situation, but he did not do a terrific job finishing up Justice League.

I'm looking forward to this new (technically old?) version. I'm a little confused why fans are upset that the movie is over four hours long. The same fans that will watch WandaVision in one or to sittings?
  • Posted: March 19, 2021 6:42:35 pm
  • I also did NOT like that original film, so many scenes that just made no sense to me, but this one was waaay different. I suppose same storyline, but not even close lol...fyi once the credits actually roll, theres nothing after, you dont have to sit through those also lol... but the half hour prior...Labeled "Epilogue" confusing but great lol...

@Raph...at the very end scene, all i could do was stare at his mouth lol...didnt it look weird as ****....lol

Last edited March 19, 2021 6:45:49 pm
    - - - - - - - - - -
    Latest Additions

• Posted: March 20, 2021 12:47:39 pm
  • I really REALLY didn't like Man of Steel or Batman vs Superman, so I'm staying far away from this. I saw Whedon's version on tv. It wasn't good, but better than the others.

• Posted: March 25, 2021 12:32:39 am
  • Man this movie was so great I decided to watch it again tonight (I know another 4 hours). I think what sets it apart from other superhero films is that every character gets treated with respect on screen, even the villains. Snyder did an amazing job. Warner Bros. is out of their mind for not even considering a Snyder Justice League and/or Superman sequel.

I also came across this bit of interesting news today. Apparently Snyder had plan to have John Stewart/Green Lantern appear in the JL cut, but the studio made him take it out. Imagine how great that would have been! Seriously Warner Bros. has no clue what fans want. https://www.indiewire.com/2021/03/zack-snyder-quit-snyder-cut-green-lantern-1234625613/
  • Posted: March 25, 2021 12:35:47 am
  • AmZoMBiE said:
    @Raph...at the very end scene, all i could do was stare at his mouth lol...didnt it look weird as ****....lol

You mean the Joker scene? I have never liked Jared Leto's performance as Joker. I let it pass on this film since it was a dream sequence. And it did add something to Batman's character.
  • Posted: March 25, 2021 5:35:00 pm
  • yeah lol... didnt want to spoil that for people, figured you knew what i was referring to lol...his mouth looked so odd, and i did like this version of Joker better then gangster tatted joker lol...I'm not sure that was a dream sequence tho, i thought it was from an alternate Nightmare Earth type thing...
    - - - - - - - - - -
    Latest Additions

• Posted: March 25, 2021 5:53:29 pm
  • Just finished watching it, way better than the first release.
    Why was this not in letterbox format?
    If you hated the original I suggest you watch this version to get that viewing out of your head Laughing

Last edited March 25, 2021 5:54:28 pm

• Posted: March 25, 2021 11:15:55 pm
  • @Canuck, Snyder filmed the movie in 35mm in order to keep it close to a 1.33:1 aspect ratio. His original intention was to release Justice League as an IMAX theater experience.

He explained at the 2020 Justice Con, “My intent was to have the movie, the entire film, play in a gigantic 4:3 aspect ratio on a giant IMAX screen. Superheroes tend to be, as figures, they tend to be less horizontal. Maybe Superman when he’s flying, but when he’s standing, he’s more of a vertical. Everything is composed and shot that way, and a lot of the restoration is sort of trying to put that back. Put these big squares back… it’s a completely different aesthetic. It’s just got a different quality and one that is unusual. No one’s doing that.”
  • Posted: March 26, 2021 9:13:36 am
  • Thanks for the info Rapha

• Posted: April 7, 2021 3:45:26 am
  • I enjoyed the first movie just for the fact that I could FINALLY see the assembled Justice League, but compared to the Snyder Cut, the first one is forgettable. Anyone who hasn't seen the Snyder Cut should definitely check it out.

I was reminded again of what someone said when comparing Marvel to DC . . . Marvel are men trying to be gods, DC is gods trying to be men. I love both franchises though and support just about any super-hero movie.

Warner would be crazy not to take this further. The movie is literally strewn with seeds for multiple potential future projects focusing on each individual member and more.
13 posts • Page 1 of 2
World Community Grid Logo
ComicBookRealm.com: 60 years, 104 days, 23 hours of Run Time
Help projects like: Smash Childhood Cancer, OpenZika, Help Stop TB, FightAIDS@Home - Phase 2, Outsmart Ebola Together, Mapping Cancer Markers, FightAIDS@Home
Join World Community Grid today!
  • Newest
  • DC Comics's Aquaman Issue # 6b
  • DC Comics's Flash Issue # 88b
  • Rebellion's Jerry Siegel's The Syndicate Of Crime TPB # 1
  • DC Black Label's Joker / Harley: Criminal Sanity Issue # 8