feature requests

Mortal Kombat (Comic Book Forums)

• Mortal Kombat

Author Discussion
  • Posted: February 18, 2021 12:45:39 pm
  • What does everyone think? It can't be as bad as the first two can it?! I hope it's good. It's supposed to be up to MK standards, fatalities and all they say....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NYH2sLid0Zc
    nem·e·sis
    noun
    A righteous infliction of retribution manifested by an appropriate agent
  • Posted: February 18, 2021 12:59:19 pm
  • im sorry but i didnt think the first 2 were bad, not awesome, but not bad...they were very limited in the special fx department back then, so i will definitely say the new movie will be amazing visually...Love mortal kombat !! Dancing

one thing i can say from those old movies is they gave it a big effort to pull off what they could, with what they had...No way can it compare to stuff we have now lol....

Man talking MK is bringing up a memory of the Very first time i ever laid eyes on that game, I was young young, a kid...my family went to Fudruckers (a famous burger joint here in Michigan) and they had the arcade sitting there in the corner, brand spankin new lol...my brother and i didnt give 2 craps about the food once we saw it lol...i think we brought our burgers home with us, played the entire time lol...Then we got it for Sega Genesis and it was all over from there lol..

Last edited February 18, 2021 1:03:29 pm
    "How to destroy a man... Grant him his heart's desire." --Victor Von Doom
    - - - - - - - - - -
    Latest Additions
    Spider-Man #234 2nd Print
    Strange Academy #1 5th Print
    Secret Wars #5 1:25 Variant Doom Cover
    Infamous Iron Man #3 2nd Print Doom Cover

• Posted: February 18, 2021 4:46:03 pm
  • Just watched the trailer for this, and I'm excited for it.

I loved the 1st movie, the soundtrack for it is amazing when cranked up loud. The 2nd movie was just ok. As AmZombie pointed out, special effects for these were the best at the time, and now, should be amazing.
  • Posted: February 22, 2021 12:29:21 am
  • Looks not too bad but am afraid they may rely too much on CGI. Part of the thing I loved about the originals (well first for sure) was practical effects/actual martial arts. They definitely tried some in the originals that by today looks not so good but got to think it was like 25 years ago and things have changed. It just seems todays superhero type movies and the like end up almost solely relying on the "look what we can do with computers" theme in my opinion and hope this isn't the case. Anyways this is one that does interest me at least. Looking forward to seeing it.

Also in regards to
    Vengeance said:
    I loved the 1st movie, the soundtrack for it is amazing when cranked up loud.

My brother and I would always joke just wait long enough and if you forgot what movie you were watching it would be shouted at you "MORTAL KOMBAT". But agree it is awesome. Also the scene with Johnny Cage and Scorpion has Zero Signal by Fear Factory playing, wicked band, one of the metal bands that I heard when I was young and still am a big fan of.
  • Posted: February 22, 2021 10:01:04 am
  • It looks cheesy to me. I wish these video game movies would just not do live action movies.
    We strike hard and fade away into the night
  • Posted: February 22, 2021 3:10:25 pm
  • I only remember the soundtrack from those Mortal Kombat movies. Fear Factory, GZR, Type O Negative and Napalm Death? There aren't many movies featuring bands like that.

I'm still waiting for an excellent video game action movie. Hollywood is about 0 for 100 so far.
6 posts • Page 1 of 1
World Community Grid Logo
ComicBookRealm.com: 59 years, 158 days, 23 hours of Run Time
Help projects like: Smash Childhood Cancer, OpenZika, Help Stop TB, FightAIDS@Home - Phase 2, Outsmart Ebola Together, Mapping Cancer Markers, FightAIDS@Home
Join World Community Grid today!
  • Newest
  • Marvel Comics's King In Black: Namor Issue # 4
  • IDW Publishing's TMNT: The Last Ronin Issue # 2aod
  • IDW Publishing's TMNT: The Last Ronin Issue # 2jolzar/b.proof-a
  • IDW Publishing's TMNT: The Last Ronin Issue # 2one stop-a
CBR.com member auction items ?