feature requests

Wonder Woman 1984 (Comic Book Forums)

• Wonder Woman 1984

Author Discussion
  • Posted: January 31, 2021 4:20:17 pm
  • This movie has been out since Christmas and no one is chatting about it here on CBR? That's not a good sign.

I finally broke down and watched it, even though I haven't heard anything positive said about it by anyone. Needless to say I was disappointed. It certainly wasn't the worst comic book movie ever made. It just wasn't very exciting or believable.

The first Wonder Woman movie was so good!! Better luck on number three??
  • Posted: February 3, 2021 2:55:16 pm
  • I've been so busy lately I keep holding off on seeing it. Maybe this coming weekend. For me I just have a hard time getting past how they cast SNL comedic actress Kristen Wiig as Cheetah. It's hard to take any of her roles seriously.
    We strike hard and fade away into the night
  • Posted: February 3, 2021 2:58:24 pm
  • Kristen Wiig wasn't the problem. I know that everyone sees her as a comedian first, but she actually is a pretty good actress and did fine in the movie.
  • Posted: February 3, 2021 3:18:48 pm
  • I concur, she wasnt the problem with the movie lol...not sure 1 thing could lock it down really, there was so much wrong with it lol...
    "How to destroy a man... Grant him his heart's desire." --Victor Von Doom
    - - - - - - - - - -
    Latest Additions
    Secret Wars #1 CGC 9.8 Dr. Doom Custom Label... Cameo Emperor Doom!!
    Secret Wars #2 CGC 9.8 Dr. Doom Custom Label... 1st full app of Emperor Doom!!!
  • Posted: February 3, 2021 4:40:52 pm
  • I watched it a few days after it came out. I cant say I hated it but it was definitely a let down from the first movie. I dont think Wiig was the problem at all as far as her acting but I think the villains were just lacking. We went from a world war and her fighting a to a guy that basically granted wishes and cheetah.
  • Posted: April 20, 2021 2:21:24 pm
  • Finally got around to watching this. What a complete waste of time. It felt like I was watching a parody. They should have never done a sequel and I am wondering how in the world Warner Bros even green lighted for a third film.
    We strike hard and fade away into the night
  • Posted: April 24, 2021 9:41:20 pm
  • Rapha1978 said:
    Finally got around to watching this. What a complete waste of time. It felt like I was watching a parody. They should have never done a sequel and I am wondering how in the world Warner Bros even green lighted for a third film.

it's the time honored tradition of trilogies (most), great first movie, questionable/terrible second movie, make up for terrible second movie with pretty decent third that feels like it's really good because the second as so poor.... well that's my guess anywho.
  • Posted: May 31, 2021 1:41:17 pm
  • I finally saw this on a CDN streaming service. It wasn't horrible, it had it's moments but it was missing the magic of the first movie. I thought Pedro Pascal's villian was bad, but so was the first movie's villian. WW has a villian problem in that she doesn't have many great ones to draw from.

Cheetah has always been a good one and she was probably the best part of this movie, but she was cheapened by the fact that she didn't stand a chance once WW was back to full strength.

It was indeed a classic 2nd movie disappointment that can easily be improved on in the 3rd movie.
  • Posted: June 21, 2021 11:05:49 pm
  • SPOILER WARNING

Just finished watching it for the first, and probably, last time. 2 hours and 25 minutes was way too long. I went in thinking I wasn’t going to like it, but I didn’t hate the movie. Someone mentioned it seemed like a parody of a Wonder Woman movie, and I don’t disagree with that assessment. All the 80s cliches were there and a bit corny. Steve was amazed by all the advancements America had made since the 1940s, yet I guess he’s okay with having a -like Amazonian girlfriend, totally normal. . d'oh! At times I was moderately entertained, then others I was bored.

By the end, it seemed like the movie was going for a deep meaning with all the renouncing of wishes or whatever and it just felt a bit heavy handed and a touch sappy.

Last edited June 22, 2021 12:36:21 am
9 posts • Page 1 of 1
World Community Grid Logo
ComicBookRealm.com: 66 years, 347 days, 7 hours of Run Time
Help projects like: Smash Childhood Cancer, OpenZika, Help Stop TB, FightAIDS@Home - Phase 2, Outsmart Ebola Together, Mapping Cancer Markers, FightAIDS@Home
Join World Community Grid today!
  • Newest
  • Archie Comics Group's Archie: Jumbo Comics Digest Issue # 336
  • DC Comics's Batman Beyond Issue # 1nycc-b
  • Marvel Comics's Ms. Marvel: Fists of Justice TPB # 1
  • Melissa Mendes's The Weight Issue # 1