feature requests

The Batman Teaser (Comic Book Forums)

• The Batman Teaser

Author Discussion
  • Posted: August 23, 2020 1:10:50 am
  • What do you guys think? First part of the teaser made me think I was watching a sequel to “Se7en,” and Bruce looks like a junkie.

https://youtu.be/ewDSeyWve8M

Last edited August 23, 2020 1:12:30 am
  • Posted: August 23, 2020 10:37:21 am
  • Eh I don't know, it looks ok I guess. Pretty dark. He doesn't really look like a traditional Bruce Wayne but we'll see. I didn't like the music in the trailer and not because of the song, it was just distracting, I don't think it needed to be there. I mean I'll definitely see it when it comes out, as a fan of all things comics I know I will.
    nem·e·sis
    noun
    A righteous infliction of retribution manifested by an appropriate agent
  • Posted: August 23, 2020 11:24:48 am
  • That Batman trailer sure was dark. Sorry kiddies, I'm hoping for a R-rating on this one.
  • Posted: August 23, 2020 12:56:27 pm
  • I'm not really diggin' this trailer much.
    But will ill I go see it? Yeah. I'll give it a chance.

From what I see, I have the feeling it's going to tie into Joker and DC might be trying to build a sort of "Black Label" Batman movie universe along the really dark lines of Joker, since that movie made them a hat full of money.

Favorite Characters: Lone Ranger, Green Hornet, Captain America, The Shadow, Zorro, The Rocketeer, Jonah Hex
  • Posted: August 23, 2020 7:02:57 pm
  • I'll be sure to catch it on TBS/TNT in five years if I'm still alive. (and cable still exists)
  • Posted: August 24, 2020 1:00:18 pm
  • Man...it's dark. Looks darker than the Nolan series. And not just the mood but I watched it with the brightness all the way up and it was still hard to make out what was going on. Besides that though it really does look cool. Glad to finally see someone other than Ben Affleck take on the character.
    We strike hard and fade away into the night
  • Posted: August 24, 2020 1:27:44 pm
  • I agree. It is very dark in tone and lack of lighting. I just hope they don't erase one key factor: Batman being a hero and making him a killer. I prefer the non-lethal Batman. I think the world needs true heroes right now.

Characters such as Eric from The Crow, Wolverine, Deadpool, and Punisher are not heroes, per se, so I expect them to kill.

Last edited August 24, 2020 1:28:30 pm
  • Posted: August 25, 2020 1:20:26 am
  • well, they really didn't try and show how good Robert P will or won't be in this movie.
    It did set a tone that is really, really dark. Why oh why has movies and comic book movies. It just feels like it's gonna be depressing in trying so hard to be so 'real'.
    I'll probably see it, I hope I don't need therapy afterwards for depression.
8 posts • Page 1 of 1
World Community Grid Logo
ComicBookRealm.com: 72 years, 190 days, 18 hours of Run Time
Help projects like: Smash Childhood Cancer, OpenZika, Help Stop TB, FightAIDS@Home - Phase 2, Outsmart Ebola Together, Mapping Cancer Markers, FightAIDS@Home
Join World Community Grid today!
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
  • Newest
  • DC Black Label's Batman & The Joker: The Deadly Duo Issue # 1ashcan
  • Marvel Comics's Rise of the Powers of X Issue # 3b
  • Marvel Comics's Spider-Man 2099 Omnibus Hard Cover # 1b
  • Marvel Comics's Ultimate Spider-Man Issue # 3illum-b