feature requests

Favourite Sci Fi TV show (Comic Book Forums)

• Favourite Sci-Fi TV show

Author Discussion
  • Posted: August 21, 2020 2:01:56 pm
  • I'm looking for your very, very favourite Sci-fi TV show of all time!! Anything from the past 50+ years counts. Here's mine:

Stargate:SG-1.
    The reason why this show was, and still is, my very favourite sci-fi show is because it took place at the current time it was airing (1997-2008 ). I'm not dissing futuristic shows, there's a bunch of impressive one's out there. I just appreciated Stargate for being quite realistic (as far as sci-fi goes anyway).
    It aired for ten seasons and that is not an easy task for any show. Great action, lots of fun moments and good acting helped keep this show on the air for so long. Even when some long-serving members of the team left the show in the last couple of seasons, the replacement actors did a smashing job.
    Every season was 20 - 22 episodes each. 213 individual episodes await all who want to watch this excellent show. Even when the show ended, it had already spawned a spin-off (Stargate: Altantis) and the creators made two TV movies (Ark of Truth and Continuum) to tie up the show properly.

Last edited August 21, 2020 2:07:09 pm
  • Posted: August 21, 2020 6:15:37 pm
  • Star Trek: The Next Generation

I even liked Wesley.

Original Recipe Star Trek would be second and The Twilight Zone would be third.
  • Posted: August 21, 2020 11:01:40 pm
  • SO many to choose from, but if I had to pick just one, I'd have to go with the 2004 Battlestar Galactica. I'll admit they didn't quite stick the landing on the final season and the ending, but getting there was one heck of a dramatic ride! The casting, the effects, the soundtrack, EVERYTHING was top-notch quality. It's a must-watch for any fan of hard military science fiction.

Last edited August 21, 2020 11:03:35 pm
    Favorite Characters: Lone Ranger, Green Hornet, Captain America, The Shadow, Zorro, The Rocketeer, Jonah Hex
  • Posted: August 22, 2020 9:28:21 am
  • Star Trek: The Next Generation. Actually I would say every series of Star Trek, pre-2017 before Discovery.

We strike hard and fade away into the night
  • Posted: August 25, 2020 1:18:07 am
  • atom said:
    I'll admit they didn't quite stick the landing on the final season and the ending,.

That's an understatement! Loved the series but many they pooched the last season, especially the final.
    Still so much to love of it though.

To five sci-fi series for me:

1: Dr. Who (pretty much like all the doctors, and love a few of them too) Cheesy at times, it was never dull and loads of fun.

2: The Expanse - may be recency bias but I am sooo enjoying this show. The characters are making it so good. The story is so good too, but it's the characters.

3: Battlestar Galactica: Finding out who the human cyclones were bit by bit was sooo gratifying for me. Really loved this show.

4: Star Trek TNG: I recall when this came out, I was in HS and so excited for a new ST series because I had watched the original series in syndication so many times. I also remember watching the 2 hour premiere and being dissappointed... where was the vulcan, scottie??? it was very different so I was resistent to it as a young teen... but it didn't take long to get to know this crew and love it too.

5: Firefly: The perfect tv series because it was 1 season long and it didn't get the time to jump the shark, to become stale, to add an unnecessary character to 'boost ratings'. This single season was so much fun, so well acted, just everything I could want in a tv show. And so rewatchable. Loved the movie too, it's a companion piece.
  • Posted: August 25, 2020 12:29:48 pm
  • I'm not very surprised by the Star Trek: Next Generation posts. It was quite excellent at the time.
    I heard that the new Battlestar Galactica had such a rotten last season, that I never did end up watching it. I only saw Season 1 - 3.
    Firefly was my number two. Such a great series. I was not happy that it only lasted one measly season.
    I never did get into Dr. Who. Just too cheesy for me, I guess. My pal Alex (DoctorSurfer here on CBR) loves ALL Dr. Who and has made me watch some of the new ones. Much better than what I thought it was going to be.
  • Posted: August 25, 2020 12:29:54 pm
  • I'm not very surprised by the Star Trek: Next Generation posts. It was quite excellent at the time.

I heard that the new Battlestar Galactica had such a rotten last season, that I never did end up watching it. I only saw Season 1 - 3.

Firefly was my number two. Such a great series. I was not happy that it only lasted one measly season.

I never did get into Dr. Who. Just too cheesy for me, I guess. My pal Alex (DoctorSurfer here on CBR) loves ALL Dr. Who and has made me watch some of the new ones. Much better than what I thought it was going to be.

Last edited August 25, 2020 12:30:23 pm
  • Posted: August 25, 2020 9:40:48 pm
  • For me its by a long shot Rick & Morty (if animated counts)

i think thats self explanatory lol Think
    "How to destroy a man... Grant him his heart's desire." --Victor Von Doom
    - - - - - - - - - -
    Latest Additions
    Secret Wars #1 CGC 9.8 Dr. Doom Custom Label... Cameo Emperor Doom!!
    Secret Wars #2 CGC 9.8 Dr. Doom Custom Label... 1st full app of Emperor Doom!!!
  • Posted: August 26, 2020 12:00:04 am
  • My daughter recently convinced me to watch some Rick and Morty with her. . .we ended up watching every episode over a long weekend! I was surprised at how good it turned out to be!
    Favorite Characters: Lone Ranger, Green Hornet, Captain America, The Shadow, Zorro, The Rocketeer, Jonah Hex
  • Posted: August 26, 2020 7:41:26 am
  • AmZoMBiE said:
    For me its by a long shot Rick & Morty (if animated counts)

i think thats self explanatory lol Think
    When I saw this thread I knew I wouldn't be able to contribute since 1) I don't watch much TV and 2) very little sci-fi. Once I saw AmZombie mention Rick and Morty I realized I could chime in! An ex-gf got me into Rick and Morty and I absolutely love this show. It is fresh, witty, imaginative and just plain hilarious. Really really great writing in my opinion. There is so much to this show that you don't realize watching it sometimes, hidden plots and theories that make you think. It really is great, I haven't seen season 4 yet but can't wait until I do.
    nem·e·sis
    noun
    A righteous infliction of retribution manifested by an appropriate agent
18 posts • Page 1 of 2
World Community Grid Logo
ComicBookRealm.com: 72 years, 243 days, 20 hours of Run Time
Help projects like: Smash Childhood Cancer, OpenZika, Help Stop TB, FightAIDS@Home - Phase 2, Outsmart Ebola Together, Mapping Cancer Markers, FightAIDS@Home
Join World Community Grid today!
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
  • Newest
  • Marvel Comics's Star Wars: Mace Windu Issue # 3c
  • Pizz Publications's The Pizz Poster Book Issue nn
  • Ultimate Marvel's Ultimate Spider-Man Issue # 80b
  • Ultimate Marvel's Ultimate Spider-Man Issue # 88b