feature requests

Weird TV shows (Comic Book Forums)

• Weird TV shows

Author Discussion
  • Posted: March 26, 2020 12:36:03 pm
  • We all watch comic book based TV shows. No surprise there.

What I want to know is what is the weirdest TV show that you view? It doesn't matter if it's comic book based or not. The weirder the better!!!

Here's my list:

1) Dirk Gently's Holistic Detective Agecy (Netflix) Um, I don't even know where to start. This is one weird show. You'll see some stuff on this crazy show that is just totally unexplainable, but fun either way.

2) Legion (FX) This show features David Haller (Charles Xavier's son) and his inability to control his strong psychic powers. There is lots of weirdness because much of it is in David's brain and it's scary in there, trust me.You might want to take acid or mushrooms before watching this show.

3) Black Mirror (Netflix) This British show is certainly one of the weirder ones out there. Each episode has nothing to do with the other, except that they all delve into "Technology gone wrong." There's only a handful each season, so it's easy to catch up (there's 5 seasons currently).

4) Happy! (SYFY and now Netflix) The premise of this show (a drunken ex-cop who befriends his kids imaginary friend) is already pretty weird to start with. It gets weirder as you watch. One of the most fun shows out there. From the brain of Grant Morrison.

5) American Horror Story (FX) This horror anthology show never fails to impress me every year (9 so far). Each season is a different show, but with the same actors. Lots of twists and turns and weirdness awaits you. It's been nominated for 94 Emmy's with 16 wins. You don't do that well without something being extraordinary.

6) American Gods (Starz) A Neil Gaiman story about the old Gods facing off with some of the newer ones. It gets weird right from the start. You'll be confused. You'll be amazed. And there are some excellent actors attached to this project.

I'm looking forward to some more excellent examples!!!

• Posted: March 26, 2020 7:58:55 pm
  • The Gong Show
    Twin Peaks
    I saw an episode of Cop Rock, so I'll have to add that
    anything from Sid & Marty Kroft
  • Posted: March 26, 2020 9:20:46 pm
  • I caught "The Dark Crystal: Age of Resistance" show on Netflix last year. Always thought the original movie from the 1980s was weird. The series was intriguing, I think better than the movie. It caught my interest, but also pretty weird.

Netflix has also been adding a lot of anime lately. Watched a few episodes of "Kengan Ashura" and it was like a really bad video game. I don't even know if weird would describe it... more like awful.
    We strike hard and fade away into the night
  • Posted: March 27, 2020 1:42:33 pm
  • Thanks for answering my query.

I'm cool with anime being weird because it usually is (at least to North Americans). I didn't even know there was a new Dark Crystal show. The original Dark Crystal was not my "cup of tea" if I remember correctly.

Twin Peaks is a good add too. I never watched it but heard it was super weird. I don't think I'm going to count Cop Rock. Weird is not the same as really, really dumb!!
  • Posted: April 6, 2020 12:00:38 pm
  • Only two replies? Come on, you can do better than that CBR members!!
  • Posted: April 6, 2020 3:46:13 pm
  • Seems like Tiger King has become one of the most popular shows right now on Netflix. It's weird to the max.
    We strike hard and fade away into the night
  • Posted: April 11, 2020 12:53:57 pm
  • Wow I should have a long list for this but my mind is blank.
    I would say Carnivale was excellent and more than a little wird
    Umbrella Academy was for sure strange but really good as well.
    If you have access to HBO in any way check out Carnivale.
7 posts • Page 1 of 1
World Community Grid Logo
ComicBookRealm.com: 72 years, 186 days, 23 hours of Run Time
Help projects like: Smash Childhood Cancer, OpenZika, Help Stop TB, FightAIDS@Home - Phase 2, Outsmart Ebola Together, Mapping Cancer Markers, FightAIDS@Home
Join World Community Grid today!
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
  • Newest
  • Marvel Comics's Cable & Deadpool Issue # 28
  • Coldfact Comic Group's Coldfact Comics Issue # 10
  • Marvel Comics's Star Wars: Darth Vader Issue # 44c
  • Marvel Comics's Ultimate Invasion TPB # 1