feature requests

Pennyworth Season 1 (Comic Book Forums)

• Pennyworth Season 1

Author Discussion
  • Posted: January 14, 2020 2:03:25 pm
  • Has anyone been watching this new TV show? I was very hesitant until I saw the creative man behind this show: Bruno Heller. This is the same guy who brought us Rome, The Mentalist and Gotham. I quite enjoyed all three of those past shows, so I was willing to give Pennyworth a shot.

I'm very glad I did. There's not a lot of back-story concerning Alfred Pennyworth, so creatively you can do just about anything. This story takes place when Alfred was quite young and living in London. This isn't a show for the kiddies as there is a bunch of swearing, violence and some nudity.
  • Posted: January 14, 2020 4:45:15 pm
  • Again, already watched the whole season and enjoyed it very much.
    "Disliking everything is not the same thing as having an opinion"

• Posted: January 16, 2020 11:54:03 am
  • I'm now six episodes in and I'm quite happy with this show. It's interesting and well-written, so I'll finish the season.
    I'm assuming that no one saw this show (except the wise Canuck) because it's being aired on EPIX. Not exactly a well known channel!! I just looked it up and they only have a handful of original shows. Hopefully Netflix or some other more popular channel picks this series up so more people can get their eyes on this show!!
  • Posted: January 16, 2020 5:15:11 pm
  • It was actually on Showcase here in Canada back in the fall around the same time Swamp Thing was airing on Showcase as well.

• Posted: January 18, 2020 2:35:06 am
  • Yeah I watched it a few months back and enjoyed it. It didn't blow me away but I thought it was well made and easy viewing.
    Currently Reading:
    Graphic Novels: Nightwing (90s series), Lumberjanes
    Regular Novels: Chronicles of Prydain

Add me on Goodreads
  • Posted: January 20, 2020 2:15:25 pm
  • I finished Pennyworth season one this past weekend. I understand that Showcase Canada originally aired this late last year. My copy was from EPIX and I believe I'm happier with that due to the swearing, violence and nudity included (which I assume Showcase censored a bit).

I trust Bruno Heller and I'm glad I did. A really interesting show awaits all who give it a try.

Without giving too much away, Alfred Pennyworth sure had a complicated time in his young life. He always tried doing the right thing and sometimes that got really ugly. By the end of the season he ends up getting quite the treat for all his effort. Something that not many people can say they have ever done before!! Bravo!!

Last edited January 20, 2020 2:15:46 pm
  • Posted: January 20, 2020 3:59:11 pm
  • Showcase did not censor it, nudity, blood and f-bombs all included

• Posted: January 20, 2020 4:08:10 pm
  • Good to heat that Canuck!! That show suited a more mature style.That Alfie was sure a lucky in that last episode!!! NO spoilers!! Aahh, you wouldn't believe me anyway.
8 posts • Page 1 of 1
World Community Grid Logo
ComicBookRealm.com: 72 years, 186 days, 23 hours of Run Time
Help projects like: Smash Childhood Cancer, OpenZika, Help Stop TB, FightAIDS@Home - Phase 2, Outsmart Ebola Together, Mapping Cancer Markers, FightAIDS@Home
Join World Community Grid today!
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
  • Newest
  • Image Comics's Astro City: MetroBook TPB # 5
  • Killer Comics's Crucifix Executioner Issue # 6
  • AC's Mechanical Dead Issue # 3
  • Marvel Comics's Ultimate Spider-Man Issue # 3f