feature requests

The Mandalorian (Comic Book Forums)

• The Mandalorian

Author Discussion
  • Posted: December 3, 2019 1:19:32 pm
  • I assume there are many CBR members who have been watching this new TV show. Who has a Disney+ membership? Apparently lots of people. Not me!! My best bud has the service and he was not thrilled with what the site has to offer.

I won't give any spoilers as this is still a very new show. I have enjoyed the first three episodes so far. Great action. Great Iron Man-esque costume. Not sure where this show is going, but I'll join for now.
  • Posted: December 3, 2019 3:55:49 pm
  • Not really sure what your friend is talking about, Disney + is awesome and the best streaming service out there lol...All Disney, Marvel, Star Wars & Pixar...with a bit of National Geographic...Awesome!!! Maybe he doesnt like that not every movie is there...and that is because they are 'rented' out at the moment to netflix lol...

As for Mandalorian...Im Not a Star Wars guy, but that show after only 4 episodes is spectacular...Movie quality in a show...And great story line...Why cant the actual movies be as good lol...
    "How to destroy a man... Grant him his heart's desire." --Victor Von Doom
    - - - - - - - - - -
    Latest Additions
    Marvel Age Fantastic Four #5 Buy-Rite Promo - Doom Origin
    Avenging Spider-Man #2 Newsstand Edition
    Doom 2099 #1 - Doom Cover
    Amazing Fantasy #1 - 1st Arana
  • Posted: December 3, 2019 8:27:46 pm
  • My only gripe with D+ is that you can make a large dent in the inventory in a month or two. Netflix and the others have lots of different content coming and going... Guess that is why it is only $7/month.

I think the show is pretty good. Obviously they are releasing the shows 1 a week so that people will need to buy 3 months to watch them all (if they signed up day 1).
    Favorite Quote: "You're not just some guy in a bat costume are you? ARE YOU FREAKING KIDDING ME?! - Justice League #1, 2011"

Hunting for (mainly reprints/variants) - Please help! - See My Profile
  • Posted: December 5, 2019 10:32:02 am
  • Yeah I am enjoying the show. The pacing is a tad slow, but I guess they're trying to keep some suspense as to where this story is going. I enjoyed the homage to 7 Samurai in ep 4..

As for D+.... yeah the lack of new content on there is really an issue. I feel like I could cancel this subscription and come back in 8 months and catch up very quickly on the new content.

My kids are at an age where video games and youtube trump tv/movies so even with all this awesome older Disney content on there, it's not a draw to them.

On the + side, I did finally see Avatar, a movie I had somehow never watched. It was good, imaginative with a "dances with wolves in space' story line.
  • Posted: December 6, 2019 8:40:10 am
  • I love The Mandalorian. They got this show right and it feels like it really belongs as part of the original trilogy timeline. Have to say the excitement of waiting for the next episode far surpasses my excitement for the Rise of Skywalker movie.
    We strike hard and fade away into the night
  • Posted: December 8, 2019 11:43:40 am
  • Even though I was very, very unimpressed by Star Wars Episode 7 and 8, I have to admit The Mandalorian is so much better in every way. It is fun, well-written and feels like a real Star Wars story. It's funny that I really enjoyed Solo and Rogue One, which are allegedly not as important as the Star wars movies with a number included. Weird.
  • Posted: December 8, 2019 11:50:11 am
  • brucifer said:
    It's funny that I really enjoyed Solo and Rogue One, which are allegedly not as important as the Star wars movies with a number included. Weird.

Right there with you. I have no faith in this "last" one.
    Favorite Quote: "You're not just some guy in a bat costume are you? ARE YOU FREAKING KIDDING ME?! - Justice League #1, 2011"

Hunting for (mainly reprints/variants) - Please help! - See My Profile
  • Posted: December 11, 2019 10:25:45 am
  • brucifer said:
    Even though I was very, very unimpressed by Star Wars Episode 7 and 8, I have to admit The Mandalorian is so much better in every way. It is fun, well-written and feels like a real Star Wars story. It's funny that I really enjoyed Solo and Rogue One, which are allegedly not as important as the Star wars movies with a number included. Weird.

Good call on Rouge One,that was my favorite. I think the fact that it was "less important" made it more enjoyable, I felt like I didnt have to know everything about everything and could just enjoy the action.
8 posts • Page 1 of 1
World Community Grid Logo
ComicBookRealm.com: 54 years, 167 days, 16 hours of Run Time
Help projects like: Smash Childhood Cancer, OpenZika, Help Stop TB, FightAIDS@Home - Phase 2, Outsmart Ebola Together, Mapping Cancer Markers, FightAIDS@Home
Join World Community Grid today!
  • Newest
  • Marvel Comics's Captain Marvel Issue # 13d
  • Image Comics's Deadly Class Issue # 42
  • IDW Publishing's Dying Is Easy Issue # 1
  • Marvel Comics's Marvels Avengers Iron Man Issue # 1e
CBR.com member auction items ?