feature requests

Watchmen (Comic Book Forums)

• Watchmen

Author Discussion
  • Posted: November 27, 2019 10:51:41 am
  • I'm 1.5 episodes behind (trying to savour it all at once) but so far so good. I actually liked the Watchmen movie (haven't read the whole series but I now have the graphic novel and will be soon).
    The show is weird but my kind of weird and well acted. Really interested to see where it's going. I hope it stays this good going forward.
  • Posted: November 27, 2019 10:59:12 am
  • I haven't seen this new TV show yet. I loved the comic book. I've read that several times. I liked the movie from a few years back. They changed the ending, but what can you do? I haven't heard or read that much about the new show because I want to watch it without any spoilers. I wonder what Mr. Alan Moore thinks? I bet he's not very thrilled.
  • Posted: November 27, 2019 11:04:33 am
  • Did you see what he had to say about all of these Super Hero movies being so successful? Seems like he's a counter culture type for the sake of being counter culture. Saying comics are meant for 12 yr olds and you're supposed to grow out of them as an adult is kinda hilarious coming from a guy who wrote such adult story lines that most parents wouldn't want their 12 yr old reading.
  • Posted: November 27, 2019 11:05:46 am
  • p.s. I won't spoil a thing, but I think you'll like the acting, atmosphere and interesting way they're integrating/referencing the characters from the original books into the story.
  • Posted: November 27, 2019 11:12:22 am
  • I agree that Alan Moore is quite the oddball. I can understand why he's so off at DC Comics. I've never written a comic book, so I'm not sure about all the behind-the-scenes shenanigans that can occur. He has and he didn't like it very much. Considering that a few movies have been made from series he wrote, I would figure he's happy with his cheques, not so much the movies themselves. Watchmen was great. V For Vendetta was even better. League of Extraordinary Gentlemen was so bad that Sean Connery quit acting.
  • Posted: November 27, 2019 11:28:22 am
  • brucifer said:

Watchmen was great. V For Vendetta was even better. League of Extraordinary Gentlemen was so bad that Sean Connery quit acting.

Agree! Agree! Agree!!

I had a friend who would often read the book before seeing the movie if a movie was based on a book. 100/100 would always say 'the book was better'
    I finally asked if they had ever liked the movie as much as the book... I suggested that maybe reading the book first was not the way to go.
    I think Alan has to realise they're going to change a bit of the story to fit the medium and he has to accept it or be a cranky old man... either way he's rich.

Last edited November 27, 2019 11:28:51 am
  • Posted: November 27, 2019 11:30:04 am
  • When it comes to comics being adapted, I want the spirit of the story/characters to remain intact and any changes beyond that should be acceptable IMO.
    It's when they reinvent a character almost entirely that it me off.
  • Posted: December 3, 2019 4:58:33 pm
  • I'm 5 episodes in and I'm loving it.
    This has become one of my favorite shows.
    Hope it catches on for a few more seasons.
    "Disliking everything is not the same thing as having an opinion"

• Posted: December 3, 2019 7:01:47 pm
  • Canuck said:
    I'm 5 episodes in and I'm loving it.
    This has become one of my favorite shows.
    Hope it catches on for a few more seasons.

I don't see how is couldn't catch on!! I finished Ep 6 last night.... WOW what a reveal.
9 posts • Page 1 of 1
World Community Grid Logo
ComicBookRealm.com: 72 years, 190 days, 18 hours of Run Time
Help projects like: Smash Childhood Cancer, OpenZika, Help Stop TB, FightAIDS@Home - Phase 2, Outsmart Ebola Together, Mapping Cancer Markers, FightAIDS@Home
Join World Community Grid today!
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
  • Newest
  • Killer Comics's Crucifix Executioner Issue # 7
  • Allen Thomas's Infinite Uppercut Soft Cover # 4
  • Oni Press's Jill And The Killers Issue # 3b
  • Ab3 12c Ent.'s The Nefarious Smyths TPB # 1b