feature requests

Joker was awesome (Comic Book Forums)

• Joker was awesome

Author Discussion
  • Posted: November 17, 2019 10:25:12 am
  • Finally got around to seeing Joker a few days ago. Anyone else here catch it yet? Just wanted to say it was excellent. One of the best movies I've seen all year. The acting and cinematography were definitely worth paying to see. I am still on the fence on who between Heath Ledger and Joaquin Phoenix played a better Joker, but I would love to see Phoenix reprise the role.

What gets me is that DC/Warner made this as a standalone film but I feel they are really missing an opportunity to go ahead and tie it in with the future Batman film. There is so much potential for something great.

Last edited November 17, 2019 10:26:12 am
    We strike hard and fade away into the night
  • Posted: November 17, 2019 11:52:12 am
  • That's the one thing I find puzzling about this new Joker movie. No Batman? No tie-in to the DC Universe movies? Why a stand-alone movie?
    If it's good, I guess I don't mind, just being picky.
  • Posted: November 17, 2019 6:08:50 pm
  • If you haven't seen it yet I don't want to give anything major away. But by the end of the movie I think everyone is left wondering if this was a prequel to the upcoming movie, The Batman (2021).
    We strike hard and fade away into the night
  • Posted: November 22, 2019 10:55:01 am
  • I saw the new Joker movie yesterday. I liked it, but it definitely was NOT a typical comic book movie. Now if only DC and Warner Brothers can make a good Superman or JLA movie like that, everyone will be happy.
  • Posted: December 5, 2019 10:34:04 am
  • I haven't seen this yet. My one concern is that the movie is rationalizing a psychotic character who has murdered so many people in the Batman stories over the years. And as times have changed, he's become even more cruel and evil.

Why make a movie that paints him in a sympathetic light? At least that's how this movie has looked to me in trailer's etc.

I may be off, but I just don't feel in a rush to see it.
  • Posted: December 5, 2019 10:48:15 am
  • I understand where you are coming from Drew. All you need to do is look at our movie and TV heroes from the last 20 years or so. Tony Soprano, Jax (of S.O.A. fame), Daenerys Targaryen, Walter White (Breaking Bad), Lucifer Morningstar and Ivar the Boneless. All very popular characters from popular shows and everyone of them are super- individuals. We (by that I mean the public) love seeing rotten individuals doing rotten things. Joker is no worse than anyone from the small list above.
  • Posted: December 5, 2019 12:00:39 pm
  • Drew...it does end up that way...but the lead into madness is where the sympathy comes from, not once he is joker...by that time in the movie he proves hes not good lol...and you feel excited for the next movie (at least for me)...It really was a GREAT movie...slow but for reason. It's definitely worth watching...

And Brucifer...seems history has always held up the 'Anti-Hero'...People relate more to the anti-hero then the hero because we as a society are severely flawed, and thats what we see in these anti-heros...Joker didnt start off bad, nor even close to it via the movie, but the fall into madness is believable, which makes it 2 things...1. A possibility in the real world and 2. a learning situation,...viewing such negative outcomes to everything, helps us learn and progress past those types of situations in real life.

Last edited December 5, 2019 12:04:07 pm
    "How to destroy a man... Grant him his heart's desire." --Victor Von Doom
    - - - - - - - - - -
    Latest Additions
    Secret Wars #1 CGC 9.8 Dr. Doom Custom Label... Cameo Emperor Doom!!
    Secret Wars #2 CGC 9.8 Dr. Doom Custom Label... 1st full app of Emperor Doom!!!
  • Posted: January 31, 2020 5:34:23 am
  • Haven't seen the movie yet, but looking forward to it. I don't mind that it doesn't tie into the new Bat movie . . . I'm not fond of the casting . . . an ex glittering vampire to play Batman? I'll skip that one, thanks.
  • Posted: February 3, 2020 10:00:24 am
  • I saw this over a week ago for the first time.
    Yes I enjoyed it like most. DC does dark and gritty in the right way, something Marvel hasn't got the pulse on yet.
    As a stand alone movie, I still got my fix....but.....yes, there is always a but...
    This isn't a movie I can watch a number of times. Once you have seen it, you get it. No need for a second viewing. If it is ever added to my collection, it is one that I would have to watch maybe once a year or 2 just to refresh myself on things.
    My take on it anyway, but I did enjoy it, and not knocking it one bit.
    Click Here To See The 2Believers! Store!
9 posts • Page 1 of 1
World Community Grid Logo
ComicBookRealm.com: 72 years, 186 days, 23 hours of Run Time
Help projects like: Smash Childhood Cancer, OpenZika, Help Stop TB, FightAIDS@Home - Phase 2, Outsmart Ebola Together, Mapping Cancer Markers, FightAIDS@Home
Join World Community Grid today!
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
  • Newest
  • Kodansha Comics's Bless Soft Cover # 1
  • Coldfact Comic Group's Coldfact Comics Issue # 43
  • Sofawolf Press's Heat Soft Cover # 12
  • Marvel Comics's The Amazing Spider-Man Issue # 46illum