feature requests

Star Trek: Discovery (Comic Book Forums)

• Star Trek: Discovery

Author Discussion
  • Posted: November 12, 2019 11:25:55 am
  • I just saw the first four episodes of season one yesterday and I have to admit I was impressed. I only saw the first episode when it aired over two years ago and although it was very pretty looking, it didn't grab me.
    Without giving away anything, this is a very different Star Trek than what I am used to. I don't think Spock is turning over in his grave or anything like that, it's just a much more grittier Star Trek than what we are used to.
  • Posted: November 13, 2019 1:56:00 pm
  • As a long time Star Trek fan I really hate this series for more reasons than I can list. I watched until the 5th episode and couldn't take anymore. It doesn't even feel like it's part of the Star Trek universe. Discovery is dark and depressing. Too much back stabbing and drama going on and I couldn't get past how there was no real respect or trust between crew members and authority. It is the most non-Star Trek series ever.

What's funny is that shortly after I gave up on Discovery I started watching The Orville. Couldn't believe how that show felt more like a part of Star Trek than Discovery did.

Now the new Picard series looks promising. So far from what I have seen in trailers it looks like something I could really get into.

Last edited November 13, 2019 1:58:55 pm
    We strike hard and fade away into the night
  • Posted: November 14, 2019 10:05:34 am
  • I understand where you are coming from Rapha. This series is definitely not your typical Star Trek series. I've watched every incarnation of Star Trek over the years and Discovery is nothing like them. Season one was the set-up for this show and not everyone was happy with the dark storyline. I just started season two and it's much, much different than the first. I think the writers and creators were listening to the fanbase who didn't like the first season.
  • Posted: November 17, 2019 10:28:02 pm
  • I like that fact that Discovery is so different. That being said, if they made it more like the other series, I wouldn't complain either. Honestly, I'm just happy there's some 'Trek on tv, that's new! Looking forward to see what happens with Picard. I have a hard time imagining him away from Enterprise, or at least his crew from the tv series/movies. I'll definitely give it a shot. I haven't watched The Orville but lately I've been reading up on it, and it looks like it might be really good. I admit, when I first heard of it, I thought it was just a Seth Mcfarlane parody show. I never thought it was..serious, or legit, I guess. I will check it out, for sure.
    Lastly, I just want to plug my favourite Trek show, and that is Enterprise!! I was and still am disappointed that it was cancelled. I wish they could bring it back. Oh well...
4 posts • Page 1 of 1
World Community Grid Logo
ComicBookRealm.com: 56 years, 109 days, of Run Time
Help projects like: Smash Childhood Cancer, OpenZika, Help Stop TB, FightAIDS@Home - Phase 2, Outsmart Ebola Together, Mapping Cancer Markers, FightAIDS@Home
Join World Community Grid today!
  • Newest
  • Source Point Press's Apocalypse Girl Issue # 3
  • Titan Comics's Blade Runner 2019 Issue # 7
  • Eclipse Comics's Hobbit Hard Cover # 1
  • Kodansha Comics's That Time I Got Reincarnated As A Slime Soft Cover # 12