feature requests

The Boys (Comic Book Forums)

• The Boys

Author Discussion
  • Posted: July 30, 2019 9:56:18 am
  • Who's watching? I'm only halfway in and I must admit I'm 100% happy so far. Great casting, great dialogue, great special effects and tonnes of swearing. What's not too like? Who would have thought portraying Superheroes as would have worked? Great timing!
  • Posted: July 30, 2019 11:52:57 pm
  • I absolutely LOVED the comic series (have the whole run plus all the spinoffs) but am always a little skeptical when it comes to comic adaptations in general. Thanks for the review! Now I might give it a look.

Did you read the comics? Is it a straightforward re-telling or is it more of an "Inspired By" situation like Walking Dead or Preacher?
    Favorite Characters: Lone Ranger, Green Hornet, Captain America, The Shadow, Zorro, The Rocketeer, Jonah Hex
  • Posted: July 31, 2019 11:08:19 am
  • Like every new TV show based on existing books, The Boys is not exactly like the comic book series (which I also read twice and the spin-offs). I finished the series last night and I'm very thrilled with the job Amazon did!!!

I like this show so much more than Walking Dead, Preacher (which has gotten WAY better since season 1) and Swamp Thing. Anyone who has a mistrust of superheroes should absolutely be watching this cutting edge show!!!
  • Posted: July 31, 2019 12:38:01 pm
  • I've been putting The Boys off because I already have a lot on my DVR, but I think you've sold me on putting it up at the top of my list!
    Favorite Characters: Lone Ranger, Green Hornet, Captain America, The Shadow, Zorro, The Rocketeer, Jonah Hex
  • Posted: August 2, 2019 1:38:01 pm
  • How is it that only atom and myself are interested in this excellent TV show? I'm baffled and you guys are missing out....big time!!! This is a terrific show, people!!! They have already been approved for a second season (great news).

Karl Urban is perfect as the main character Billy Butcher. And don't forget the super job Antony Starr does with the Homelander character. Terrifying and inspiring at the same time.
  • Posted: August 2, 2019 2:10:39 pm
  • This show is awesome...but i havent finished it yet...3 episodes left...so confused at some of the Homelanders actions lol...
    "How to destroy a man... Grant him his heart's desire." --Victor Von Doom
    - - - - - - - - - -
    Latest Additions
    Secret Wars #1 CGC 9.8 Dr. Doom Custom Label... Cameo Emperor Doom!!
    Secret Wars #2 CGC 9.8 Dr. Doom Custom Label... 1st full app of Emperor Doom!!!
  • Posted: August 3, 2019 4:25:46 pm
  • I will watch it at some time, but I have enough to watch at this point and I don't get Amazon. I see that the new Swamp Thing series will be on Showcase this fall so I will see it then. I still need to watch the last season of Jessica Jones.
    "Disliking everything is not the same thing as having an opinion"

• Posted: August 8, 2019 6:31:24 pm
  • Haven't seen this but my son-in-law helped at Tampa Con and had seen it. He checked the comics and found they have been jumping on eBay. So he went around to dealers, several had sold out, and managed to snag an almost full run of 1-72 plus several mini series and variants. Got all but 5 books + 1 Butcher, Baker, including #1-6 of original series for about $320. And ordered missing ones on eBay. Seems a bit irreverent for me, but he also loves Preacher.First 6 issues seem to be on fire right now.

Last edited August 8, 2019 6:32:00 pm
    The joy is in the journey, not just the destination.
  • Posted: August 9, 2019 3:02:09 pm
  • I never read the series, but found the Amazon series to be excellent viewing. I'm ready for season 2 now!
  • Posted: August 23, 2019 1:25:26 pm
  • I figured all the great reviews and word-of-mouth about this excellent TV show would have caused more of a reaction here on CBR. You are missing out on one of the best new TV shows (no matter what genre they are). Very curious.

Is it because no one has the Amazon channel? Um, I don't have a subscription to any of these newer streaming channels (Netflix included). I have several friends who download just about everything, so I end up seeing digital copies of ALL these newer TV shows after the fact.
  • Posted: August 23, 2019 3:27:46 pm
  • I thought the show was amazing and loved it. I told a friend who is not a comic collector to shock it out and he was not excited to watch a non-MCU or DC show. Had no interest in following obscure heroes. I keep telling people to watch it so hopefull6 it will have a long tail as people realize how good it is.
  • Posted: August 24, 2019 3:18:10 pm
  • Just finished Ep. 5.
    Never read the comic, but I'm loving this series
    "Disliking everything is not the same thing as having an opinion"

• Posted: August 24, 2019 5:24:23 pm
  • As excellent as The Boys TV show has been for their first eight episodes (season one), the comic book was even better!! The main problem with the comic book was waiting an entire month for each new book to come out.
  • Posted: August 27, 2019 8:14:16 pm
  • Dark but excellent. I'd love to see Irredeemable on the screen now.
  • Posted: September 27, 2019 12:37:49 pm
  • I'm re-watching The Boys season one with my roommate (who missed out when I first watched all eight episodes in less than 24 hours last month). Three episodes in and he has a new favourite TV show (natch). I can't wait for season two of this gritty, excellent series!!!
    Everyone out there who loves comic book TV shows better catch up. This is a show that CAN NOT be missed!!!

Last edited September 27, 2019 12:38:17 pm
15 posts • Page 1 of 2
World Community Grid Logo
ComicBookRealm.com: 72 years, 252 days, 5 hours of Run Time
Help projects like: Smash Childhood Cancer, OpenZika, Help Stop TB, FightAIDS@Home - Phase 2, Outsmart Ebola Together, Mapping Cancer Markers, FightAIDS@Home
Join World Community Grid today!
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
  • Newest
  • DC Comics's Batman: Off-World Issue # 4d
  • Faro's Lounge's Faro's Lounge: American Safari Sketchbook Issue nn - superhero
  • Ultimate Marvel's Ultimate Spider-Man Issue # 83b
  • Ultimate Marvel's Ultimate Spider-Man Issue # 114b