feature requests

Krypton Season 2 (Comic Book Forums)

• Krypton Season 2

Author Discussion
  • Posted: July 16, 2019 11:03:01 am
  • Who's watching? This may not be the best comic book TV show airing right now (it isn't). The one thing that has really impressed me is the very first appearance of the Main Man, LOBO!! They are doing a great job portraying the Main Man OR "He who eats your entrails and likes it".

For those of you who don't know who Lobo is, shame on you!!! In the '90s Lobo was the bomb, people. There was some serious talk of a full-length movie starring Bruce Willis as Lobo. Remember that? I'm very pleased they waited so long before actually having an actor playing Lobo. Great job!

Last edited July 16, 2019 11:03:16 am
  • Posted: July 16, 2019 11:52:02 am
  • I'll have to catch it when I can. Honestly I gave up halfway through season 1 as it felt like these were characters set in a time period I just did not care about. But I'll watch this just to see Lobo.
    We strike hard and fade away into the night
  • Posted: July 16, 2019 12:07:36 pm
  • Season one wasn't all that impressive. It got better by the end, but I assume many fans gave up before that.
  • Posted: July 16, 2019 12:27:04 pm
  • I'm still watching, it has got better. At least they introduced Lobo and Brainiac, but they need to keep adding characters going forward.
    "Disliking everything is not the same thing as having an opinion"

• Posted: July 16, 2019 3:28:15 pm
  • I didn't watch season one. The ONLY reason I was watching season two is Lobo. I must admit I was having a difficult time staying focused except when Lobo was on the screen. I found myself fast forwarding just to get to the Lobo scenes.

Interesting choice giving him an Irish accent.
  • Posted: July 16, 2019 4:08:43 pm
  • "Interesting choice giving him an Irish accent."

Probably because all Kryptonians have an British accent.

Last edited July 16, 2019 4:09:14 pm
    "Disliking everything is not the same thing as having an opinion"

• Posted: July 17, 2019 11:14:57 am
  • One of my pet peeve's about the show is that everyone has a British accent. Krypton you are a very weird planet, guys.
  • Posted: July 19, 2019 2:32:47 am
  • Canuck said:
    "Interesting choice giving him an Irish accent."

Probably because all Kryptonians have an British accent.

Yeah. When I think of Lobo, I think of this voice: https://youtu.be/48DLJpxhw1g
  • Posted: August 16, 2019 5:55:17 pm
  • Krypton has been a reasonable show, but these days that's not enough. I'm not surprised it got cancelled.
    The appearances by Lobo early in season two were wickedly good. I care not what his accent was. He looked the part. He called Seg-El and Adam Strange "Bastiches!!!" He also couldn't die even with a hole in his stomach. I would be extremely interested if there was a Lobo TV show. Keep your fingers crossed.
  • Posted: August 16, 2019 7:12:11 pm
  • SyFy is about two cancellations away from showing nothing but Sharknado reruns every night.

The next cancellation may be the network itself.
11 posts • Page 1 of 2
World Community Grid Logo
ComicBookRealm.com: 72 years, 190 days, 18 hours of Run Time
Help projects like: Smash Childhood Cancer, OpenZika, Help Stop TB, FightAIDS@Home - Phase 2, Outsmart Ebola Together, Mapping Cancer Markers, FightAIDS@Home
Join World Community Grid today!
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
  • Newest
  • Rocky Creek Publishing Co.'s Bitter Laughs Issue # 1
  • Titan Comics's Conan the Barbarian Issue # 9
  • Alien Books's Machine Girl & The Space Hell Engels Issue # 2
  • New Heroes Comics's The Unconventionals Issue # 3