feature requests

New Swamp Thing TV show (Comic Book Forums)

• New Swamp Thing TV show

Author Discussion
  • Posted: June 6, 2019 1:35:04 pm
  • I'm going to assume none of you out there has a DC Universe membership. Neither do I.

I did see the first episode on Saturday night and it was quite good. Not your typical comic book TV show by any means. Creepy atmosphere all throughout. This is a horror show, so don't expect Swamp Thing to be teaming up with Batman any time soon.

Last edited June 6, 2019 1:35:17 pm
  • Posted: June 6, 2019 2:05:31 pm
  • Haven't seen it yet, and not sure if I will, heard that it's already been canceled, but the 10 episodes for Season 1 will be aired.
  • Posted: August 9, 2019 2:47:55 pm
  • I just finished episode 9 (of 10) of the Swamp Thing TV show. It has gotten better, but is still lacking something.
    The acting is great. The special effects are great. The story, not so much. I just wished the writers/creators of this show would have made up their minds if this is a Horror TV show or not. It dabbles, but isn't consistently scary.
    As a bonus for you DC lovers out there, Swamp Thing has a cameo by another long-serving, obscure superhero. I won't say who, but they did a decent job.
  • Posted: August 9, 2019 6:07:59 pm
  • I see this will be on Showcase Canada this fall so I will watch it then, the trailers/Ads look good.
    "Disliking everything is not the same thing as having an opinion"

• Posted: September 1, 2019 3:49:52 pm
  • Showcase Canada is airing the pilot and the second episode this Monday and Tuesday evening.
    Tenzil
  • Posted: September 1, 2019 4:05:23 pm
  • Yeah I set my DVR a few days ago, but thanks for the heads up
    "Disliking everything is not the same thing as having an opinion"

• Posted: September 1, 2019 4:15:01 pm
  • The first episode of this new comic book based TV show was quite excellent. Unfortunately as the episodes went along, they slowly became not so excellent. I did finish them all, but I watch gobs and gobs of TV, so that shouldn't be surprising.
7 posts • Page 1 of 1
World Community Grid Logo
ComicBookRealm.com: 53 years, 262 days, 13 hours of Run Time
Help projects like: Smash Childhood Cancer, OpenZika, Help Stop TB, FightAIDS@Home - Phase 2, Outsmart Ebola Together, Mapping Cancer Markers, FightAIDS@Home
Join World Community Grid today!
  • Newest
  • Bantam Books's George R.R. Martin: A Clash Of Kings Hard Cover # 1
  • Floating World Comics's Revenger: Halloween Special Special # 1
  • Image Comics's Spawn Issue # 301q
  • Oni Press's Unplugged And Unpopular Hard Cover # 1
CBR.com member auction items ?