feature requests

G.O.T. Season Eight (Comic Book Forums)

• G.O.T. Season Eight

Author Discussion
  • Posted: April 24, 2019 2:08:18 pm
  • Yes, I know Game Of Thrones isn't technically a comic book series (although I do have some now), but I still want to know what CBR members opinions are so far after the first two episodes.
    Happy? Sad? Confused? Underwhelmed? Disappointed? Thrilled?
  • Posted: April 24, 2019 3:16:45 pm
  • Winter is Coming! Cool
    It's the calm before the storm, going to be a lot of characters die soon.
    "Disliking everything is not the same thing as having an opinion"

• Posted: April 30, 2019 11:25:04 am
  • I asked for some responses to GOT Season 8 after only two episodes. I guess that was a bit premature. Now that the massive third episode has aired, surely someone has something to say?

I'll start. Um, maybe the giant battle should have been fought at noon so I could actually see what was going on. And don't get me started on the ending to that massive battle. What a letdown!!

Am I the only one who has been quite disappointed so far? I don't believe that whatsoever!!
  • Posted: April 30, 2019 3:40:48 pm
  • It was too dark for me to see what was going on. I'm going to try watching it again in a pitch black room with the brightness turned up.
    As soon as they mentioned their plan against the white walker king I knew it would end like that.
  • Posted: April 30, 2019 4:32:38 pm
  • I was disappointed...have been all season.

1st thing I said to my wife was "Couldn't they do this during the day?"

Other observations:

- The reason it was dark was to save on CGI. Smile
    - How did the "hero" get past all those dead without being caught first?
    - Why wait to attack with the dragons?
    - How come those around Bran who died didn't come back to life like EVERYONE else?
    - Why only one Giant?
    - How come out of the THOUSANDS of deaths do only what a handful of named characters die?
    - If the king knew where Bran was why was the attack "small" compared to the main battle?
    - And don't get me started on the flaming swords...
    Favorite Quote: "You're not just some guy in a bat costume are you? ARE YOU FREAKING KIDDING ME?! - Justice League #1, 2011"

Hunting for (mainly reprints/variants) - Please help! - See My Profile
  • Posted: May 1, 2019 2:44:34 pm
  • I knew I wasn't the only one who has been scratching his head for this new season. In response to some of Dough boy's great observations:

1) It was dark to save on the CGI. I agree 100%!! It still sucks, though.

2) The more I hated the Arya character, the more likely she would live on and on and end up doing some important stuff in the story. Boooo!!!!

3) Dragon attacks are very, very expensive. See your own answer to comment number One.

6) Thousands of deaths and no one important died? Sure they did. There was that guy, you now. And that other guy too. Don't forget about him.

7) The Night King wasn't very wise in this particular battle considering he could send in cannon fodder for days and days and days and still be left with most of his army.

Eight) The flaming swords didn't bother me too much as it was nice seeing all of them riding off into battle and then quickly going out as they approached the front line (allegedly as we couldn't see ).

Last edited May 1, 2019 2:45:23 pm
  • Posted: May 1, 2019 2:57:15 pm
  • To me it reminded me of a cross between The Walking Dead, World War Z, and War for the Planet of the Apes.
    Favorite Quote: "You're not just some guy in a bat costume are you? ARE YOU FREAKING KIDDING ME?! - Justice League #1, 2011"

• Posted: May 1, 2019 4:43:03 pm
  • I agree with what's being said especially about the darkness...I still don't really know who lived and died?
    I agree with Juno, we knew sort of how it was going end when we heard the plan.
    If you look past the plot fails it wasn't that bad.
    "Disliking everything is not the same thing as having an opinion"

• Posted: May 21, 2019 12:36:25 pm
  • Game of Thrones is officially done and the majority of fans are not very happy. Yes, the last episode wasn't thrilling. I had a pretty good idea going into Season 8 that it wouldn't be near as exciting as previous seasons. It sure would have been nice to read the story first, as I did that for the first six seasons. George "RRRRR" Martin really dropped the ball. Tsk, tsk.
  • Posted: May 21, 2019 12:40:40 pm
  • He did it on purpose. Likely his books will be different so he can sell more of them.

• Posted: May 21, 2019 12:47:13 pm
  • I believe Mr. Martin will be in for a big surprise when he releases "new" GOT books and they don't sell nearly as well as his past six books. I for one will NOT be reading them, even though I was reading Game Of Thrones in the early 2000's way before it was a TV show.
  • Posted: June 7, 2019 11:35:30 am
  • What can I say? Big fan. Yeah a lot of stuff didn't make sense, like how Aya got past all the dead (thousands) AND the Lt guards. Hmmm. Maybe she took the face of an undead and walked through?

Ending a little surprising. Thought there would be a showdown between John Snow and Daenerys Targaryen, but a bit of a shocker. Expected John to take the Throne.

Oh well, now that GOT over, cancelled my expensive HBO channel. Whistle

The joy is in the journey, not just the destination.
  • Posted: June 7, 2019 11:41:44 am
  • Spa-fon, you are not the only one cancelling your HBO. It's happening a lot nowadays.
13 posts • Page 1 of 2
World Community Grid Logo
ComicBookRealm.com: 72 years, 252 days, 5 hours of Run Time
Help projects like: Smash Childhood Cancer, OpenZika, Help Stop TB, FightAIDS@Home - Phase 2, Outsmart Ebola Together, Mapping Cancer Markers, FightAIDS@Home
Join World Community Grid today!
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
  • Newest
  • Marvel Comics's Beware the Planet of the Apes Issue # 4b
  • Marvel Comics's Miles Morales: Spider-Man Issue # 19
  • Marvel Comics's Miles Morales: Spider-Man Issue # 19c
  • Marvel Comics's Wolverine: First Class Issue # 12b