feature requests

Tickets Anyone? (Comic Book Forums)

• Tickets Anyone?

Author Discussion
  • Posted: April 3, 2019 1:52:48 am
  • In case you hadn't noticed Avengers Endgame tickets went on sale yesterday. Many of the local theatres have now sold out almost every show for Thursday, Friday and Saturday of opening weekend (the only tickets available for now, at least around here). We scored ours in our favorite seats at prime time on the best evening for us, but if I had waited another day there would have been no chance. This is a phenomenon for movies like I have never seen. This has to be the most anticipated theatrical release of all time! Everybody got yours?
    Tenzil
  • Posted: April 3, 2019 9:51:28 am
  • I'll probably wait until a week or two has passed before going to see it. Overcrowded theaters are just not my thing. Also they're saying Avengers: Endgame will have Stan Lee's last movie cameo. I am probably more emotional about seeing that then seeing how they defeat Thanos.

Last edited April 3, 2019 9:52:29 am
    We strike hard and fade away into the night
  • Posted: April 3, 2019 10:36:40 am
  • So now movie theaters are like your local comic book store in that you have to reserve your seat ahead of time, just like reserving your books months ahead of a shipping date.
    Of course that doesn't mean the movie/comic book will be any good? Very tricky.
  • Posted: April 3, 2019 2:45:31 pm
  • Rapha1978 said:
    Overcrowded theaters are just not my thing.

Same for me. I don't enjoy being part of big crowds.
  • Posted: April 3, 2019 3:27:58 pm
  • i think the funniest thing is i heard on the radio that people are scalping tickets and that they are STARTING at $500 all the way up to $9100 per ticket......people are DUMB!!
    "How to destroy a man... Grant him his heart's desire." --Victor Von Doom
    - - - - - - - - - -
    Latest Additions
    Secret Wars #1 CGC 9.8 Dr. Doom Custom Label... Cameo Emperor Doom!!
    Secret Wars #2 CGC 9.8 Dr. Doom Custom Label... 1st full app of Emperor Doom!!!
  • Posted: April 3, 2019 4:04:03 pm
  • AmZoMBiE said:
    i think the funniest thing is i heard on the radio that people are scalping tickets and that they are STARTING at $500 all the way up to $9100 per ticket......people are DUMB!!

LOL... that is hilarious. I should list my Infinity Gauntley series to those groups and sell them for $9k. I'll list it as "Find out the ending before the movie.." If they read comics they'd already know that none of the heroes ever really die. Spoiler alert: It's comics. They all come back. Marvel/Disney won't risk losing their cash cows. All of this is about as dramatic as the end scene to Batman vs Superman, when Superman dies. Maybe for moviegoers it was a surprise but we all knew he was going to come back (just like in comics) in Justice League. Big whoop.

Last edited April 3, 2019 4:10:00 pm
  • Posted: April 3, 2019 6:36:55 pm
  • well not only that...the very next day you can stream the entire movie from someone online lmao...or (like most normal people) wait a couple days or a weekend....its not like a sporting event or concert...its not a live, once in a lifetime performance...its a movie thatll be available on Blu-Ray, DVD, VHS, Cassette Tape, & 8-Track in about 4 months (after release) lol...AND you may even get a comic with it lol

Last edited April 3, 2019 6:43:49 pm
    - - - - - - - - - -
    Latest Additions
  • Posted: April 3, 2019 9:00:39 pm
  • There were 13 watchers on that $5k ticket auction. Insane!
  • Posted: April 3, 2019 9:49:48 pm
  • Wow, I wish I knew people were that gullible to pay thousands for a ticket. I sure would have camped out (if need be) and scored the entire center row!
    I definitely want to see it, but not in a hurry to fight for a ticket, nor pay anything above the normal cost...and in the same boat with Rapha1978 and logerine....I would rather wait a few weeks and have a virtually uncrowded theater and not have to worry about interruptions.
    Click Here To See The 2Believers! Store!
  • Posted: April 4, 2019 12:57:38 pm
  • Some fans just don't understand how money works. Must be nice to be able to spend thousands on a freakin' movie opening without worrying about rent or other monthly expenditures.
  • Posted: April 4, 2019 4:51:30 pm
  • im 100% with you brucifer...makes me wonder if its mommy and daddy working hard to earn that money...or if junior lives on his own and pays his own bills lol
    - - - - - - - - - -
    Latest Additions
  • Posted: April 28, 2019 2:28:51 pm
  • Yup it is ridiculous, unfortunately the 1% are willing to spend there money without any regard to value, that,s why all of entertainment venues have become to expensive for most of us average middle class people.
  • Posted: April 28, 2019 8:36:21 pm
  • You can try to sell tickets for any price you want. My question is anybody buying?
  • Posted: May 1, 2019 10:31:18 am
  • Well look at sold out sporting events, concert tickets, and just the basic cost of going out for a night out, so yes people arepaying, not to mention Corp America buys buys these overpriced tickets for their clients and then get tax breaks.
  • Posted: May 1, 2019 2:50:32 pm
  • Even if I had unlimited sums of cash lying around I would never pay thousands of dollars on a movie, concert or sporting event. It makes no sense to my brain to fork over thousands of dollars for a few hours of fun?

The average person can not go out and have fun for an evening anymore in North America as the prices of almost everything have skyrocketed. It doesn't seem very fair to me.
  • Posted: May 1, 2019 2:53:29 pm
  • Exactly the average person has been priced out of entertainment of any kind.
  • Posted: May 2, 2019 8:31:55 am
  • claudioma said:
    Exactly the average person has been priced out of entertainment of any kind.
    Tell me about it. I live in Vermont and if I want to go see a Red Sox game it is no joke, a $400-$500 bill after everything adds up. If I had a family with kids it would be like vacation money. I haven't been to a game in years.
    nem·e·sis
    noun
    A righteous infliction of retribution manifested by an appropriate agent
18 posts • Page 1 of 2
World Community Grid Logo
ComicBookRealm.com: 72 years, 243 days, 20 hours of Run Time
Help projects like: Smash Childhood Cancer, OpenZika, Help Stop TB, FightAIDS@Home - Phase 2, Outsmart Ebola Together, Mapping Cancer Markers, FightAIDS@Home
Join World Community Grid today!
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
  • Newest
  • Marvel Comics's Black Widow and Hawkeye Issue # 2d
  • Marvel Comics's Fall of the House of X Issue # 4c
  • Schanes & Schanes's Nightmares & Daydreams  Issue daydreams
  • Marvel Comics's Wolverine Issue # 47b