feature requests

Captain Marvel (Comic Book Forums)

• Captain Marvel

Author Discussion
  • Posted: March 8, 2019 2:34:31 pm
  • Saw it last night. After a bit of a slow start the movie got better and better. Definitely worth seeing. There were a couple of twists and surprises and the story is tight. The beginning credits were an amazing tribute to Stan Lee. There's two scenes after the credits.
  • Posted: March 8, 2019 3:04:09 pm
  • goin tonight...cant wait Smile
    "How to destroy a man... Grant him his heart's desire." --Victor Von Doom
    - - - - - - - - - -
    Submitted for Grading (CGC)
    Amazing Spider-Man #361: 1st Carnage
    Amazing Fantasy #15: 1st Amadeus Cho
    Venom vs Carnage #2: 1st Toxin
    New Mutants #87: 1st Cable
    Hulk #15: 1st Red She-Hulk
    Hulk #1: $3.99 Newsstand Edition
    Daredevil #131: 1st Bullseye
    Daredevil #168: 1st Elektra

Latest Additions
    Devil Dinosaur #1 CGC 9.4: 1st Devil Dinosaur & Moon Boy
    Venom #3 CGC 9.2: 1st Knull
    Secret Avengers #23: 1st Agent Venom
    Nova #29: 1st Warbringer
    Vengeance #1: 1st America Chavez
    Thor #411-412: 1st New Warriors
  • Posted: March 8, 2019 3:28:10 pm
  • Thanks for the quick synopsis junobeach, looking forward to seeing it. Taking my daughter on Sunday.
    In pursuit of what Marvel considers the entire Hulk legacy run... with a few adjustments.

Current level of completeness: 59.62%
  • Posted: March 8, 2019 4:03:13 pm
  • Thanks! Sounds like a good sunday movie, double points at the cinema Cool
  • Posted: March 9, 2019 9:26:10 am
  • saw it last night...slow is a good word for most of the movie...but its an origin and background story meant only to introduce her for Avengers 4...She will be MUCH different 30 years later lol...I like the movie a lot...Very Happy
    - - - - - - - - - -

Latest Additions
  • Posted: March 11, 2019 6:34:50 am
  • Saw it yesterday, thoroughly enjoyed it. Diggin the grunge look on Captain Marvel too Whistle
  • Posted: March 11, 2019 7:46:36 am
  • I saw it this weekend as well. It was decent, I could have used a little more action during the middle of the movie that they saved for the end but it was a good movie either way. Can't wait to see her in Endgame!
    Wubba lubba dub dub
  • Posted: March 11, 2019 8:20:05 am
  • Saw it yesterday, and agree with a lot of the sentiments so far. It was a decent movie, but not great. I actually enjoyed the comedy aspects of the movie more than anything, if I'm being honest.
    In pursuit of what Marvel considers the entire Hulk legacy run... with a few adjustments.

Current level of completeness: 59.62%
  • Posted: March 12, 2019 2:05:45 am
  • I enjoyed all the 1990's references and thought it was a lot of fun, though it is necessarily slow in places, being an origin tale more than anything. Nice to see the Skrulls in the MCU and I loved meeting young Monica Rambeau!! Can hardly wait to see the Endgame now!
    Tenzil
  • Posted: March 12, 2019 10:26:47 am
  • It's funny, in all the pre-release pics of the skrulls, i thought they'd be a disaster. But really they did an awesome job on them...
    - - - - - - - - - -

Latest Additions
  • Posted: March 17, 2019 8:58:38 pm
  • Saw it last night. Really liked Fury and Goose. Whatever was going on there. Not my favourite marvel movie but it was entertaining. We laughed a lot. Fun to go back to the 90s. I liked the skulls too.
  • Posted: March 19, 2019 1:37:58 am
  • Hmmm. . .more good reviews than I thought there would be, given all the pre-release sandbagging Captain Marvel got.

I haven't seen it yet, but for what it's worth, my daughter has seen it twice and even though she didn't think it was the best Marvel movie ever (Thor, Ragnarok gets her vote for best), she says it's a good, fun movie that gets a bit corny with the "girl power" soundtrack and has a moment at the end that's supposed to be "inspiring" that's just sort of cringey.

I plan on seeing it with her this weekend.
    Favorite Characters: Lone Ranger, Green Hornet, Captain America, The Shadow, Zorro, The Rocketeer, Jonah Hex
  • Posted: March 19, 2019 5:04:26 pm
  • I thought it was meh. Definately not as good as alita.
  • Posted: March 22, 2019 11:17:54 am
  • This movie was okay but fell flat for me. Brie Larson as Captain Marvel just didn't have the star power Marvel was really pushing for. She looked too much like an Amy Poehler (SNL) lookalike and I couldn't take her role seriously. CGI is great but the story is slow moving, and her acting felt forced and lacked emotion. They really should have titled the film, "Nick Fury: featuring Captain Marvel" because the side characters' like Samuel Jackson's Fury were a lot more interesting and carried the movie forward.

I watched this right after watching Aquaman on my Amazon account. Of the two movies, Aquaman had more of my attention.

Last edited March 22, 2019 11:20:21 am
    We strike hard and fade away into the night
  • Posted: March 23, 2019 1:17:13 am
  • Just saw it today, I didn't like Brie Larson either. I don't think it has anything to do with star power IMO, I think she's just not a very good actor.
    Like most I think it's a okay movie but not great.
    Not sure I like the idea of the skrulls being the victims, but I think that has more to do with the history I know from the comics then the way it was set up for the story.
    "Disliking everything is not the same thing as having an opinion"

• Posted: March 30, 2019 6:45:06 am
  • Just saw it last night. Really enjoyed it. I'm a bit tired of the Kree...loved the twist on the Skrulls. I've been reading comics since 1974 or so and that was not anything I expected. Brie is playing the straight guy to Furys fool, so her sardonic, sarcastic, low key vibe really plays well for me. I can't wait until Captain Marvel and Ragnarok Thor meet, really, as the two characters seem meant to irritate each other. Speaking of Thor, Hemsworth looked the part, but until Ragnarok, was basically a blist actor in A list clothes, so I think Brie will grow into her role as well. Not my favorite Marvel movie, but somewhere in the top ten. Top Ten! Thanks Stan!ApplauseApplauseApplause
16 posts • Page 1 of 2
World Community Grid Logo
ComicBookRealm.com: 51 years, 191 days, 6 hours of Run Time
Help projects like: Smash Childhood Cancer, OpenZika, Help Stop TB, FightAIDS@Home - Phase 2, Outsmart Ebola Together, Mapping Cancer Markers, FightAIDS@Home
Join World Community Grid today!
  • Newest
  • BOOM! Studios's Faithless Issue # 1 - 2nd print
  • Marvel Comics's Mr. & Mrs. X Issue # 11
  • Image Comics's Rumble Issue # 12
  • Antarctic Press's William: The Last Fight and Flight Issue # 3